TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Mike Fisher - [email protected] Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
abgwin Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:22 pm

can't believe I'm the first to post and say that Mike Fisher ([email protected] ) is a reputable seller, gives solid advice and is an all-around good guy.

he's been helping me along with my ongoing struggle to reverse the evil done to my 70 fastback by a retarded previous owner. sometimes my ignorance means I have to translate his advice, but he's always ready to help and offer a part I need.

in the slightly Bizarro world of Type 3, it doesn't get much better.

thanks, Mike!

burgandysquare Sat May 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Excellent Seller, went WAYYY out of the way to get what I needed. A+

tumyeto Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Just received my filler neck from Mike. Just as advertised. Quickest I have ever received a package up here in the great white north from the US. Great seller wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or buy from him again.

Thanks Mike!

dommer Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Here's a fourth recommendation for Mike. He packed my window like a tank, shipped it promptly, and charged me a very reasonable price.

-Dom

mac_dingo Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Buy from Mike, you will not regret it!

Mike not only answered a post of mine he sent me a link to the instructions I needed (hosted elsewhere) for replacing the hinges of my rear hatch. And instructions on how to make the tool I will need.

Mike sent me the parts I needed for my 70 Square. They arrived on time packed very well and in perfect shape.

Dealing with Mike was easier and more enjoyable than shopping a local wrecking yard that has 2 Type 3's that they are parting out.

FASTBACKDON Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:03 pm

I dont believe the above posts say it well enough. I dont know if even I can but here goes. Mike is an outstanding seller who went way out of his way and way out in his want to provide me the parts I needed cut off of a car he is dismantling. His constnant communication and double checking the cuts I needed where great WOW he packaged it well(I received a large box today) he was honest on the freight cost and worked with me on the parts cost. I look forward to throwing more business his way. This man could teach a few Sambanistas a thing or two.
Thanks Mike

dc Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm

First time I've left feedback on the Samba- Mike is an honest seller with great communication. He will go beyond the expected to make you feel good about your deal with him.

Definitely would recommend :!:

Thanks again! :)

Pierre G Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:23 am

#-o #-o I can't believe I didn't do it before, but I wanted to add my feedback on dealing with Mike. Mike send me a hood from his parting out '72. He sent it to Don (Fastbackdon) who dropped it to the freight forwarder facility in L.A. Months later (the hood had to travel oceans), I received the hood, was very pleased with the part, and time, dedication that it took from Mike to have shipping quotes, pack it so it could cross the oceans safely, drop it at the greyhound station, ...with numerous e-mails to arrange all this between us 3. Mike is indeed an outsatnding seller, who really wants to help T3 fellows. A big thank you, Mike.

You too Don :wink:

FASTBACKDON Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Pierre G wrote: #-o #-o I can't believe I didn't do it before, but I wanted to add my feedback on dealing with Mike. Mike send me a hood from his parting out '72. He sent it to Don (Fastbackdon) who dropped it to the freight forwarder facility in L.A. Months later (the hood had to travel oceans), I received the hood, was very pleased with the part, and time, dedication that it took from Mike to have shipping quotes, pack it so it could cross the oceans safely, drop it at the greyhound station, ...with numerous e-mails to arrange all this between us 3. Mike is indeed an outsatnding seller, who really wants to help T3 fellows. A big thank you, Mike.

You too Don :wink:
Anytime and Mike is a great seller like you said and a good friend

vwdurak Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 pm

I wanted to let all of you know how great it was to deal with Mike. I just spent about 6 hours over at his house pulling out an engine and wiring from a 71 square FI. Mike is a really great guy and is fun to work with. I really was thankful to him for being patient with me for taking my time with it.(only the second motor I've pulled, so inexperience slowed me down a bit) Thanks again Mike!! Type 3 FI's rule!':lol:'

mygreenbus Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:24 am

Just received a set of windows from Mike. They arrived quickly and were as promised, great shape.
Thanks.

Bobnotch Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Just got some parts from Mike. Great guy to deal with, and went out of his way to make sure I had everything I wanted. I'll definitely get more parts from him soon, as he's got a few more bits and pieces I need. He's even fair with his prices, which is a big plus. Definitely an A++ seller. 8)

rizzag Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Misrepresented an engine I bought from him. Below is some of our correspondence. No offers of any kind to make amends. I would not deal with Mike again.

Your original ad title, "TheSamba.com Ad - re-built OG 67 engine"

Your original statements to me, "$900 We drove it for a year. It runs great!"

When I tried to talk you down, "It runs great, you can't even do a good rebuild on your engine for less than $900"

When I took it apart and complained to you, you said "Just take some Emory Cloth and red rags and polish/wipe the rust you
can reach out of there. It should run fine! You don't want to
replace 1 piston/rings/cylinder and throw the average compression out
of whack for the 4 cylinders. You could do a valve job on both heads
now?

Mike"

I said, "The pitting is way too deep. I am going to have to do a top end on it."

Mike said, Why not slap it back together and try it! It will run for years like
that! In a couple years you'll want to build a 1776cc or 2007cc
stroker engine out of it.

Mike"

Mike Fisher Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 pm

You paid $800 not $900 for a 100% complete '67 dual Solex's engine that we Drove for 2 years before Jack wrecked the car. I did tell you to use emory cloth on the cylinder and drive it, but you did it Your Way!

rizzag Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Mike Fisher wrote: You paid $800 not $900! I did tell you to use emory cloth on the cylinder and drive it, but you did it your way.

Mike is clueless. I did talk him down $100 but that doesn't change the fact that I was (by Mike's own words) buying a "great running" "rebuilt" engine.

kugelporsche Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 pm

I bought hard to come by type 3 floor mats from Mike for my 66 Squareback. The mats were as described (in excellent condition) and were packaged well and shipped quickly. Doing buisness with Mike was easy and communication was great. I would highly recommend him as a seller and will keep an eye out for more of his type 3 listings

Bobnotch Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 am

I bought a cowl section off Mike. He cut it out a little large, giving me plenty of metal to work with. It was well packed, and suffered no damage in shipping. We comunicated back and forth until he was sure of how much I wanted, then left a little more. A great guy, easy to work with, and went out of his way to make sure I had what I needed. And once it was cut out, it shipped the next day, with Mike giving me an approximate arrival date (it came a day early). I'll buy more from him in the future.

Fabinstein Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:10 pm

I bought a shifter adapter plate for my squareback off of Mike Fisher and as usual he knew exactly what i were referring to and had one in his pile o parts, He packaged it up and sent it out ASAP and i had it in no time! I highley recommend Mike and will most deffinetly be buying more parts from him in the future!

Melvin.

Mike Fisher Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 am

Jeff could have returned the engine for a full refund, but he just wanted me to rebuild it to his specifications!

rizzag Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:50 am

Mike Fisher wrote: Jeff could have returned the engine for a full refund, but he just wanted me to rebuild it to his specifications! :lol:

Mike, you have outdone yourself. I had written you off as just clueless but now you have added liar to the mix.

This is an absolute, straight up lie. I was NEVER offered a refund. I met you face to face, saw your cars, and craftsmanship, and I would NEVER ask you to rebuild an engine for me!

I asked if there was anything you could do for me like give me a hundred or two back as the engine changed from a rebuilt runner to a complete core and you said NO. You said I should just emory cloth the rusted cylinder and run it.

Weak Mike...