TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What were people thinking?
Cujo3131 Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Ok I have been on this buggy kick thing for a while... can't seem to get anyone interested in buying my baja... but I keep watching everyone else's projects and enjoying your work.

I make a habit of cruising eBay and here hoping to find that lil nugget or steal that might let me jump into getting me a project car....

So anyway....tonight I am surfing eBay when I spot this in Iowa:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-...enameZWDVW

All I can think is......who the hell thought that was a good idea for a paint job???

Cujo31

Mongo63 Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Cujo3131 wrote: Ok I have been on this buggy kick thing for a while... can't seem to get anyone interested in buying my baja... but I keep watching everyone else's projects and enjoying your work.

I make a habit of cruising eBay and here hoping to find that lil nugget or steal that might let me jump into getting me a project car....

So anyway....tonight I am surfing eBay when I spot this in Iowa:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-...enameZWDVW

All I can think is......who the hell thought that was a good idea for a paint job???

Cujo31

Drugs. Whatever the dosage is it ain't right.

seabeebuggy Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Its a girls car. At least it runs. :lol: Most people don't ever get them rolling.

lostinbaja Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:46 am

Come on now, granted it's not a paint job that I would want on my buggy, but just about any 16 year old girl would love to drive that buggy around.
That's the great thing about buggys, thousands of different ways to do the same thing.

Yellermanx Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:03 am

Evidently 14 people like it so far. :D

dan macmillan Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:17 am

Keep in mind. It is only paint and easily changed. Price is looking good for a buggy that has side pods and front valence.

Letterman7 Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:37 am

Oh, and it's a Concept One, or at least one of the clone bodies...not too many of them around, I think. Paint is cheap....go fer it!

lazybonz Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:37 am

isn't that the movie car the tooth fairy drove in the princess movie.

sorry couldn't recist.

flaboyjim Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:32 am

NO, NO, NO...

It is an exact copy of the reproduction clone of that buggy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:

and that is all I have to say about that.

JiI Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:00 am

Probably someone drives that to their scrapbooking club meetings.... :?
JiI

Glasser Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 am

Well if the wifes/girlfriends name is Barbi and your name is Ken I'd say it was a match made in heaven.

Maybe it is decals and they can be removed?

lazybonz Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 am

fatboyjim wrote: NO, NO, NO...

It is an exact copy of the reproduction clone of that buggy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:

and that is all I have to say about that.

it's the prototype magic princess mobile from the production of the Polly pockets movie Polly on the prowl. this movie not rated yet.

on the other hand this is a perfect example of how a woman can screw up a perfectly good hobby.

GetPsycho Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:00 pm

lazybonz wrote: on the other hand this is a perfect example of how a woman can screw up a perfectly good hobby.

:lol: LMAO :lol:

ManxBug Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:17 pm

No I have documentation proving that was David Bowie's car!

lazybonz Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:06 pm

i believe Polly pockets(mick Jagger's cusion) has the copyright on it.

lol

Zcarnut Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:51 am

Nothing a good paint job wouldnt cure.Whites a bit plain for a buggy anyway IMO. :wink: