TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Another project?
WilliamA Thu May 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Here's one I have sitting out back. It's quite damaged, but such an interesting design I can't help but think I'll build something with it. I've not been able to find anything like it at DBA. Any ideas?

Here's the story: A friend of mine came across it (literally) on the road. It was being transported by a truck and fell off. He helped the driver get all the chaf off the road and load up some other stuff, so the driver gave it to him. He was going to do something with it, but it sat for years at his place. He asked me if I wanted it and I said sure. It's never been installed or drilled. There's lots of physical damage and it will need a complete workup, but it's kind of cool. It'll take some glass work and LOTS of sanding, but I'm getting pretty used to that! lol. I really like the way the body sides go all the way down and don't show any unfinished glass. A stock buggy hood seems to fit it.
Bill

michibilly Fri May 09, 2008 7:50 am

Interesting. It kind of looks like the back section of a late 60's - early 70's Corvette mated to a Manx style buggy front end. Corvette tail lights would look perfect on it.