TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Cell phone problems Page: 1, 2  Next
otiswesty Fri May 09, 2008 9:18 am

Well imagine being on a campout where there is no cell reception, phone turned off. Wife calls phone, girl answers and says "wrong number." Wife hangs up, hits redial and it goes straight to voice mail. :shock: Wierd huh!

Anyways, for those of you who helped me out on this one, it is much appreciated.

I'm trying to get it figured out with Verizon, but they have been uniformly unhelpful, like "I've never heard of that happening." So I say, "can I speak with someone in tech support?", they say "I am tech support." Hopefully once my statement comes out it will show no received roaming calls. [-o<

Gary Fri May 09, 2008 9:28 am

Change your cell phone provider. Problem solved.

coad Fri May 09, 2008 9:30 am

otiswesty wrote: Well imagine being on a campout where there is no cell reception, phone turned off. Wife calls phone, girl answers and says "wrong number." Wife hangs up, hits redial and it goes straight to voice mail. :shock: Wierd huh!

Sounds more like you were out with your girlfriend, the wife called, the girlfriend answered, and now you're trying to cover yourself.

But if that's your story stick with it, and deny, deny, deny.

McVanagon Fri May 09, 2008 9:46 am

Was your wife with you, or you were on this "camping trip" alone? :D

dquattlebum Fri May 09, 2008 10:00 am

Sounds like someone got caught....

nott5989 Fri May 09, 2008 10:01 am

McVanagon wrote: Was your wife with you, or you were on this "camping trip" alone? :D

Oh no no no. He wasn't alone. His girlfriend was there to keep him company.

Scott H Fri May 09, 2008 10:18 am

I dialed my wife's cell number once and it went straight to a stranger's voice mail.
Hung up and hit redial. The number was correct, same as dialed the first time and she answered. :?

nott5989 Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 am

Scott H wrote: I dialed my wife's cell number once and it went straight to a stranger's voice mail.
Hung up and hit redial. The number was correct, same as dialed the first time and she answered. :?

Yea I had the same thing happen once...except the guy was on the other line trying to check his voice mail. It was pretty awkward... :oops:

420GOAT Fri May 09, 2008 1:29 pm

USE SMOKE SIGNALS.

McVanagon Fri May 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Scott H wrote: I dialed my wife's cell number once and it went straight to a stranger's voice mail.

My wife Diana's last four cell digits are 5553, I have dialed 3335 by mistake, and still got a Diana. Wrong number.... right name. :shock:

DeathBus Fri May 09, 2008 2:26 pm

Is your wife hot?

HerrrKafer Fri May 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Not once have I ever had a problem with a cell phone.
because I've never owned one.

Jimmy111 Fri May 09, 2008 4:15 pm

I was with verizon too. I had a cell phone that if someone called me and it was turned off it would go to mexico somewhere ???? If the phone was turned on my voice mail would answer it.
Very strange, They told me that someone in Mexico was using the same serial number as mine in their phone. The problem was that there was nothing that they could do about it. I had to change numbers....

Fish Fri May 09, 2008 4:55 pm

Sounds like someone copied your ID thingy that your phone has. Check your bill. Is it high? Are there are any numbers on it you have never called.

busfreak_71 Fri May 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Using a swinging motion, simply apply hammer liberally throughout phone. Problem solved.

I never want a cell phone. 8) :)

sammyphsyco Fri May 09, 2008 7:00 pm

T mobile isn't much better, both mine and my wifes phones sometimes go straight to voicemail instead of ringing. I get voice mails 2 and 3 days after the fact.

The best part is if you read your contract they don't say much about what they are providing, its all about what you are paying and how much it is to get out of it. Cellphone contacts are so one sided.

obus Fri May 09, 2008 7:15 pm

sammyphsyco wrote: T mobile isn't much better, both mine and my wifes phones sometimes go straight to voicemail instead of ringing. I get voice mails 2 and 3 days after the fact.

The best part is if you read your contract they don't say much about what they are providing, its all about what you are paying and how much it is to get out of it. Cellphone contacts are so one sided.

T Mobile was the same way with me. Since i have had Verizon, i don't get any bad signals or lost calls or any other wacky crap. I wish i could do w/o a cell phone but my business is all about my accounts reaching me in order for me to make the all mighty dollar!

Mr. Electric Wizard Sat May 10, 2008 5:52 am

otiswesty wrote: Well imagine being on a campout where there is no cell reception, phone turned off. Wife calls phone, girl answers and says "wrong number." Wife hangs up, hits redial and it goes straight to voice mail. :shock: Wierd huh!

Anyways, for those of you who helped me out on this one, it is much appreciated.

I'm trying to get it figured out with Verizon, but they have been uniformly unhelpful, like "I've never heard of that happening." So I say, "can I speak with someone in tech support?", they say "I am tech support." Hopefully once my statement comes out it will show no received roaming calls. [-o<

Perhaps wife actually did call wrong number?

iowegian Sat May 10, 2008 6:09 am

I wish I had my bag phone back. :cry:

_monkey_ Sat May 10, 2008 7:43 am

I have never had a cell phone, and neither do I miss the bill nor the nuisance of being in touch 24/7. It's just another expense and device that you're saddling yourself with. They make me carry a radio at work so that I can be easily located when I am needed. I don't want them to have that convenience when I am not on the clock.