TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306  Next
shano63 Sun May 11, 2008 3:20 pm

I put in new spring plate bushings and got the passenger side axle back on my tranny.

ottvw Sun May 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I picked one up this week a 67 bug and washed it.

juki48 Sun May 11, 2008 3:32 pm

I bought a 67 that is completly apart. I have to pick up all the pieces this week. let the games begin!

carcrazed Sun May 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I watched mine sit in one spot as I did all of the work I needed to get done around the house and gaage :cry: :cry:

ocdbeetle Sun May 11, 2008 3:50 pm

I'm glad this thread got started.... :D

I cleaned the seatbelt sashes that no one can tell me anything about... :cry:

Started stripping the paint off my "67 only" airbath cleaner/filter and breastplate so I can restore it before I drive to the North vs South in Rockingham NC next weekend... :D

airkewld63 Sun May 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Layed in a old sony stereo stand up speaker behind the back seat and jammed down to a local cruise-in with my rack loaded and watched people check my slammed bug out!

Bugdog67 Sun May 11, 2008 4:07 pm

I polished my bumpers, trying to get rid of some of the rust and pitting. They look pretty good...not great, but better than before!

ocdbeetle Sun May 11, 2008 4:08 pm

airkewld63 wrote: Layed in a old sony stereo stand up speaker behind the back seat and jammed down to a local cruise-in with my rack loaded and watched people check my slammed bug out!

what was on your rack?

JinxedSydney Sun May 11, 2008 4:38 pm

I bought myself a mother's day present, a 27 socket to remove the steering wheel. Continued to scrape off the last of the old insulation rubber pad on the driver's side. Tomorrow is rear (original) and windshield removal with dad. Gotta figure out how to get the screws to come off of the glove box face....I've tried everything. :evil:

&Dan Sun May 11, 2008 4:55 pm

New vent window rubbers, and yes, I did loudly and pointedly question the car's ancestry.

volkswagenut Sun May 11, 2008 4:57 pm

I did nothing but walk by it. :lol:

Eric N Sun May 11, 2008 4:58 pm

I drove it to get a hair cut, then got my wife a Mothers day gift.

warduke75 Sun May 11, 2008 5:23 pm

My 66... Washed it, waxed it, cleaned the interior, got insurance for it, registration and plates then drove it to work! The I had my alternator tested and found out it was shot (putin out 1.2A!) and broke my lower torsion spring. So it sits in my driveway again... :cry:

tacoma Sun May 11, 2008 5:24 pm

I installed a new set of 3pt seat belts and bought a set of pre-64 pop outs. I washed it for the first time since I bought it a couple weeks ago from the original owner. I also took the kids out for a morning ride. Let the fun begin!!

mrafindley Sun May 11, 2008 5:38 pm

I went and picked up a free 67 shell. I cut off the front clip that I will have to section on to mine. I removed all 4 fenders that are in damn good shape. So now I can get rid of the fat chick fenders and laugh at everyone that wanted to sell me fenders for 250 dollars each plus shipping. Now I have to get my 220 to the garage and start welding

henrym Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 pm

I finally got around to tackling my front apron---it was a real mess on an other wise very straight 67. The bumper bracket and overider holes were totally messed up but luckily not crackled or split, so no welding was needed. I know zero about body work but spent many hours with a hammer and dolly reshaping the holes. Then I dug out the old bondo, worked the metal back into shape using the old-school "bump and file" method. Sprayed on 4 coats of primer, wet sanded and then the color matched paint, four coats. Took the photo right after. Since then I have clear coated it, then wet sanded and buffed it out. Came out very good. Just ordered a new bumper and brackets from W. West.

I have been on the fence (and more than a little nervous) about doing my own body work on this car. It's very straight, just a few wowies here and there. But I can say I really enjoyed this. Took my time, relaxed and made it fun.


Sid Vicious Sun May 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Oil change, valve adjust and started a thread about it :lol:

Driving it in a minute to the store!

shano63 Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm

You do some nice work henrym!

airkewld63 Sun May 11, 2008 5:53 pm

ocdbeetle wrote: airkewld63 wrote: Layed in a old sony stereo stand up speaker behind the back seat and jammed down to a local cruise-in with my rack loaded and watched people check my slammed bug out!

what was on your rack?
cooler,chair,luggage, long skate board...etc. oh yeah, cruised around on Saturday gettin my wife a mother's day gift.

airkewld63 Sun May 11, 2008 5:54 pm

henrym wrote: I finally got around to tackling my front apron---it was a real mess on an other wise very straight 67. The bumper bracket and overider holes were totally messed up but luckily not crackled or split, so no welding was needed. I know zero about body work but spent many hours with a hammer and dolly reshaping the holes. Then I dug out the old bondo, worked the metal back into shape using the old-school "bump and file" method. Sprayed on 4 coats of primer, wet sanded and then the color matched paint, four coats. Took the photo right after. Since then I have clear coated it, then wet sanded and buffed it out. Came out very good. Just ordered a new bumper and brackets from W. West.

I have been on the fence (and more than a little nervous) about doing my own body work on this car. It's very straight, just a few wowies here and there. But I can say I really enjoyed this. Took my time, relaxed and made it fun.



nice man. clean work



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group