TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Those Stuffed "Kids" at Car Shows Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ho-dad Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:10 am

Not sure what they're called...those stuffed "kids" you see at car shows propped up as if they're looking in the engine bay etc.:

What exactly is the name for these things and where do you get them? I Googled and searched on eBay with no luck.

As much as I despise these ridiculous little critters I've got a great idea on how to display one with my truck.

Sorry if you were expecting a thread on child obesity ;-)

Merlin Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:19 am

:lol:

I wonder if this nutty craze will come our way at some stage.

Anyone leaning on a ride of mine is liable to be severely assaulted with a blunt object.

That said, I really need to get a photo of one of my rides for this thread... :D

N.

HerrrKafer Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:25 am

They're called Time Out Dolls and I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere about them.

What I can't figure out is: while everyone says how much they hate them, you still see them on every other friggin' car at your local hot rod show. :roll: Oh, crap, I just admitted to going to hot rod shows :oops: .

TeamSpatula Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:57 am

Come to NC and go to the flea market...

:roll:
they will even custom make the clothes to match your car...
I hope your idea is somehow tied to either having the hood slammed on the head, head sticking out of the fan shroud, etc...
I hate those stupid things...

Lidpainter Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:15 am

I was at a car show and they were everywhere. I told my wife that I was going to kick the next one I saw. As I was checking to make sure there were no witnesses I realized it was a real kid. That was too close.

ho-dad Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:18 am

TeamSpatula wrote: Come to NC and go to the flea market...

:roll:
they will even custom make the clothes to match your car...
I hope your idea is somehow tied to either having the hood slammed on the head, head sticking out of the fan shroud, etc...
I hate those stupid things...

Something like that...I'm hoping to make people cringe...

DeathBus Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 am

they are called "Crying Kids" here, there is a group of us that hate them as well. Been thinking about parking the Deathbus right on top of one of those fucking things at the next VW show I go to.

Merlin Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:54 am

Lidpainter wrote: I was at a car show and they were everywhere. I told my wife that I was going to kick the next one I saw. As I was checking to make sure there were no witnesses I realized it was a real kid. That was too close.

ho-dad Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:58 am

DeathBus wrote: they are called "Crying Kids" here, there is a group of us that hate them as well. Been thinking about parking the Deathbus right on top of one of those fucking things at the next VW show I go to.

...with the rear wheel on top of its head while wearing a Honda shirt. OK, nobody steal my idea, pleeze ;-)

TeamSpatula Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:13 am

KILLERWATT Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:31 am

They always remind me of The Blair Witch Project.

crukab Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:26 am

I thought someone on here named them " Punting Babys" because all you want to do is PUNT them ! :shock:

LadyVW Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 am

I don't get it. What do they have to do with cars? Who started this phenomenon?

ubercrap Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:07 am

DeathBus wrote: they are called "Crying Kids" here, there is a group of us that hate them as well. Been thinking about parking the Deathbus right on top of one of those fucking things at the next VW show I go to.

I love it!

bdub74 Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 am

Lidpainter wrote: I was at a car show and they were everywhere. I told my wife that I was going to kick the next one I saw. As I was checking to make sure there were no witnesses I realized it was a real kid. That was too close.

_monkey_ Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:34 am

I thought they were miniature realdolls

Link NSFW

alindeman1989 Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:25 pm

if i saw one of those on my car i would beat the shit out of it. get off my car spawn of sattin

_monkey_ Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

alindeman1989 wrote: if i saw one of those on my car i would beat the shit out of it. get in my car spawn of sattin

:shock:

bdub74 Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:01 pm

_monkey_ wrote: I thought they were miniature realdolls

Link NSFW
wow, just wow!

fatalifeaten Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:31 pm

LadyVW wrote: I don't get it. What do they have to do with cars? Who started this phenomenon?

I'd imagine it went something like:

"Oh Ralph,, I got a great Idea for your little car project! We'll put a stuffed doll next to it at a show and it'll look like little kids are playing with it! It'll be Great to have little ones around again!"

"No, Gladys, you're not going to do anything like that with my car, I've spent too much time and money on it to let you make it look silly."

"Just exactly HOW much have you spent Ralph?"

"Er, did you want it to have boy clothes or girl clothes Gladys?"