TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Bugs at Lemans 24hr
mackteck Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:06 am

here's some bugs i spotted on display at 24Hr race this weekend - they use 8v gti engines mid mounted, with central driving position.


BTW, if you didn't know already - the Audi won :D

DeathBus Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:37 am

mackteck wrote: here's some bugs i spotted on display at 24Hr race this weekend - they use 8v gti engines mid mounted, with central driving position.


Then they really are not bugs are they? Just some rebuilt GTI's. :roll:

Ian Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:09 am

The Audi diesel car is so badass.

David Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Ian wrote: The Audi diesel car is so badass.

I hope they produce the R8 TDI :shock:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/04/detroit-08-preview-v12-diesel-powered-audi-r8-tdi-to-be-unveil/
Quote: ... The car is projected to have around 500bhp/738 ft-lbs of torque, accelerate to 62 mph in 4.2 seconds and return 28 mpg, presumably on the highway. ...

Ian Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 pm

The now defunct Touareg v10 TDI has numbers close to if not more than that.

It's a bitchin truck to drive. I want to get one to tow Buses.

Volkswagenaholic Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 pm

http://www.fun-cup.com/

Pretty cool racing series. They just started it in the U.S. You can find all kinds of videos on youtube

bugnut68 Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:56 pm

DeathBus wrote: mackteck wrote: here's some bugs i spotted on display at 24Hr race this weekend - they use 8v gti engines mid mounted, with central driving position.


Then they really are not bugs are they? Just some rebuilt GTI's. :roll:

I agree. A GTI engine stuffed into a Bug is a complete paradox.

mackteck Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:37 pm

I didn't mean to get you guys panties all in a bunch :roll:
I just thought it was cool to see a 'rebuilt gti' amid such exotic company as this:



scrapmetalvw Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

mackteck wrote: I didn't mean to get you guys panties all in a bunch :roll:
I just thought it was cool to see a 'rebuilt gti' amid such exotic company as this:




Screw um dude, I thought it was pretty cool, I would roll one, and so would they if they had the chance.

bugnut68 Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:01 am

scrapmetalvw wrote:

Screw um dude, I thought it was pretty cool, I would roll one, and so would they if they had the chance.

My boxers are by no means bunched, and please don't speak for what I would and wouldn't do. 8)

scrapmetalvw Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:52 am

bugnut68 wrote: scrapmetalvw wrote:

Screw um dude, I thought it was pretty cool, I would roll one, and so would they if they had the chance.

My boxers are by no means bunched, and please don't speak for what I would and wouldn't do. 8)

Yeah I suppose I will do what I feel, and I feel your boxers are in a bunch and I am sure that you would not turn down a chance a drive one.... :roll:

bugnut68 Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:19 pm

scrapmetalvw wrote: bugnut68 wrote: scrapmetalvw wrote:

Screw um dude, I thought it was pretty cool, I would roll one, and so would they if they had the chance.

My boxers are by no means bunched, and please don't speak for what I would and wouldn't do. 8)

Yeah I suppose I will do what I feel, and I feel your boxers are in a bunch and I am sure that you would not turn down a chance a drive one.... :roll:

Settle down, Beavis. No disrespect on the aforementioned pics, I just don't care for water pumper engines, at least not inline fours that are transplanted into Bugs. Subie conversions are a little different story, and as for whether or not I would roll one, probably not. Who cares, right?

scrapmetalvw Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:54 pm

If some one said to you that you got to race in this race and that is the car you will use, at no cost to you.... you would say no? im not talking about driving them on the street.

bugnut68 Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 pm

I'll be the first to admit that I would be the wrong choice to drive any cars, like that or any other brand, around a track... ;-) If winning wasn't an objective and the owner didn't care, perhaps I would give it a whirl, but I gurantee you it wouldn't be poetry in motion. :lol:



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group