TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: i want a tatoo Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Kyle73 Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:52 pm

i want to get a tatoo. but what should i get? show me your tatoo's. any kind.

67jason Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:13 am

if you want a tatoo, but dont kow what to get, then you really dont want a tatoo.

nott5989 Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:38 am

67jason wrote: if you want a tatoo, but dont kow what to get, then you really dont want a tatoo.

Came here to say that.

I have had my design for my next tattoo all drawn out since around December '06 when I got my first one. I gave myself some time to sit on it and decide if I really wanted it (its gonna be pretty big) and finally scheduled the appointment for the 16th of this month!

These things dont just wash off, man. You gotta be really sure you want it.

carter Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:57 am

dude just dont get anything like a chicks name or an oriental symbol.
and take as much time as you want its not like a race or anything.

90volts Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:14 am

powellscooter Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:57 am

Kyle73 wrote: i want to get a tatoo. but what should i get? show me your tatoo's. any kind.
I think you should get a TATTOO not a tatoo

Bugdog67 Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:02 am

Here are some great ideas for you:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20194933_1,00.html

:twisted:

90volts Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:07 am

he's dead isn't he?

mandysbus Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:11 am

90volts wrote: he's dead isn't he?

yup dead....killed hisself....tired of being asslevel with everyone else........

bugninva Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:13 am

carter wrote: dude just dont get anything like a chicks name or an oriental symbol.

i agree...unless it's your mother's or your daughters name, no chick names.... the oriental symbol, i agree with too... i have one, and can only hope that it really means what they say... :lol:

drscope Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:22 am

Why not get yourself a GOOD temporary set to do your own? This way you can pick and choose every few weeks. If you don't like it, change it.

The permanant ones are just that....PERMANENT! You better make sure you like it before it's too late. Latter it will really hurt if you want to have it removed.

And make sure you pick something that you won't out grow. Remember, a lot of the stuff you were into 5 or 10 years ago, dosn't interest you as much any more. And in another 5 or 10 years, you will have a new set of interests.

Women are like the bus, a new one comes along every 15 minutes. So it's not a good idea to have their name permanatly attached to you. it really hurts your chances latter with someone else, even if they have the same name.

And why would you want that permanant reminder of the bitch who took your house, your car and all your money to go live with her new boy friend?

The funky symbols arn't a good idea either. Politics change too much and too often. The symbol you get today may identify you as an enemy sypathesier tomorrow.

And just keep in mind, any permanant mark you put on your body is just something else law enforcment can use to identify you!

Kuncle Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:35 am

I have thought about getting a Tattoo.. Somthing volkswagen related but at the same time like stated above who knows what I will be into in 10 years... I will most likely get something for my dad first for the simple fact that he will always be my dad. Getting the name of a woman is kinda like bad luck.. Nobody that I know that has the name of there spouse has ever held together.. plus to me its kinda trailer trash... like the Taz with the rebel flag... Fuck that.

notchback Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:32 am

Brands belong on cattle.

If you insist, maybe this one.

90volts Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:40 am

6T5 square Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:59 am

Kuncle wrote: Somthing volkswagen related but at the same time like stated above who knows what I will be into in 10 years...

I don't know about you but I think a lot of people around here will still be into VW's in 10 years!

localboy Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 am

Bugdog67 wrote: Here are some great ideas for you:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20194933_1,00.html

:twisted:

This one's VW related:

Gary Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:21 am

drscope wrote: Why not get yourself a GOOD temporary set to do your own? This way you can pick and choose every few weeks. If you don't like it, change it.

The permanant ones are just that....PERMANENT! You better make sure you like it before it's too late. Latter it will really hurt if you want to have it removed.
Tattooing was illegal in Oklahoma as the law read that an "indelible, permanent marking" was not allowed. The law was successfully challenged and struck down when it was proven that laser surgery can remove the tattoo virtually pain free.

GeorgeL Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 am

bugninva wrote: I have one, and can only hope that it really means what they say... :lol:

As the late George Carlin said "On a guy's back, you tattoo, 'Please let's never anybody tell this guy all the **** we wrote on his back. He thinks it's a pirate ship!'"

porkchop Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:35 pm

notchback wrote: Brands belong on cattle.

You done running this into the ground yet, Neil? At least come up with some new material if you insist on getting in on every damn tattoo thread.

You gonna be at the FR this year? Better yet, you gonna be at the FR this year with a VW? :wink:

Meyer Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Tattoos have been a part of Polynesian culture for hundreds and hundreds of years. The ritual version no longer in use was an extremely painful process that lasted many weeks, and was a necessary prerequisite to attain a matai title.

In maritime tradition, a sailor would get a swallow tattoo for every 5000 miles he had sailed (a swallow always finds its way home).

In recent history, Tattoos were something guys got on shore leave, usually dead drunk, to form a bond or to make or keep a memory.

But nowadays, it is the first choice of every poser on the block and to many is regarded as a modern symbol of conformity. Think of it as today's necktie. It is just another tradition that modern American culture has diluted into absolute meaninglessness. I predict that McDonalds will be adding them to the menu any day now.

But I'm sure you're different, so Enjoy!

And this doesn't mean you, Jimmynotch - I'm only talking about amateurs here.