TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: i want a tatoo Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
notchback Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm

porkchop wrote: notchback wrote: Brands belong on cattle.

You done running this into the ground yet, Neil? At least come up with some new material if you insist on getting in on every damn tattoo thread.

You gonna be at the FR this year? Better yet, you gonna be at the FR this year with a VW? :wink: Nope. Not going. Too much family stuff. The wife just had her hip replaced and she can't drive for 6 weeks, and it's only been 1 1/2 so far. I'm mr. taxi right now.

dquattlebum Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 pm

Take your time with this decision. I have 2 tattoos that I love, but wish I would've had them put somewhere else.

I don't regret my tattoos but I regret not having them placed somewhere else.

Now I will have to either have what I currently have integrated into what I want to get or have them covered and put somewhere else.

Just take your time....[/list]

TimGud Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 pm

Nothing wrong with wanting a tattoo even if you don't know what tattoo. I'd suggest you go down and look at the art at a few tattoo parlors and ask around to see who's good in your area. I'd also suggest you keep them on areas you can cover up just in case your tastes change over time.

79SuperVert Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:31 pm

My daughter wants a small one on her wrist, I guess on the underside. Any risks with a tatoo there?

porkchop Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:47 pm

notchback wrote: porkchop wrote: notchback wrote: Brands belong on cattle.

You done running this into the ground yet, Neil? At least come up with some new material if you insist on getting in on every damn tattoo thread.

You gonna be at the FR this year? Better yet, you gonna be at the FR this year with a VW? :wink: Nope. Not going. Too much family stuff. The wife just had her hip replaced and she can't drive for 6 weeks, and it's only been 1 1/2 so far. I'm mr. taxi right now.

Damn, I hope the best for your wife during her recovery and the best for you and the rest of the family.

I am sure the transition from Mr. Mom to Mr. Taxi wasn't too bad!

dquattlebum Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:35 pm

79SuperVert wrote: My daughter wants a small one on her wrist, I guess on the underside. Any risks with a tatoo there?

No risks, other than having to cover it up...

Randy in Maine Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Jimmy sang it so well.....

She was no marine back from the Philippines
She was their pride and job, their incarnation.
Her parents viewed the chief
With shock and disbelief
Looking for some other explanation.

The Indian, her back was poised for an attack.
She said 'a tattoo is a badge of validation'.
But the truth of the matter is far more revealing.
It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

Permanent reminder of a temporary feeling
Amnesic episodes that never go away.
It's no complex memento, it's no subtle revealing.
Just a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

Vegas in the rain, drunk on cheap champagne
He hears out of tune synthesized chapel bells
Painfully ringing.
Where's his limo ride? Who's this foreign bride?
Is this really Elvis spinning round the ceiling?

Permanent reminder of a temporary feeling,
Forgotten fabrications in the chapels of love.
What is this ring on his finger? Why is he kneeling?
She's just a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

Chromosomes and genes, spawn these fateful scenes.
Evolution can be mean, there's no 'dumb ass' vaccine.
Blame your DNA, you're a victim of your fate.
It's human nature to miscalculate.

To make up for the fight they go out for the night.
Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll seems like the easiest answer.
But a short nine months later, there's no way of concealing,
That permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

Permanent reminder of a temporary feeling
Amnesic episodes that never go away.
Complex mementos, not subtle revealings.
Just a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling

Kuncle Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:20 pm

6T5 square wrote: Kuncle wrote: Somthing volkswagen related but at the same time like stated above who knows what I will be into in 10 years...

I don't know about you but I think a lot of people around here will still be into VW's in 10 years!

I hope to be but I guess you missed my point...

GeorgeL Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Here ya go, though it is obviously redundant:

Bugga Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Just get one..you only live once :)

manxcraig Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Do you think theres any Chinese kids with English word tattoos they can't read?

bugninva Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:25 pm

manxcraig wrote: Do you think theres any Chinese kids with English word tattoos they can't read?

never know... tattoos are symbols, japanese(most common in your common tattoo flash) "words" are symbols, they are just begging for each other... i guess it's like everything in life, those that don't get it, don't understand... and that goes both ways...

GeorgeL Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:42 pm

bugninva wrote: manxcraig wrote: Do you think theres any Chinese kids with English word tattoos they can't read?

never know... tattoos are symbols, japanese(most common in your common tattoo flash) "words" are symbols, they are just begging for each other... i guess it's like everything in life, those that don't get it, don't understand... and that goes both ways...

I know that Japanese teens love T-shirts with English phrases on them, not many of which actually make sense:

They call it "Engrish."

bugninva Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:50 pm

:lol:

Rick73Super Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:21 pm

manxcraig wrote: Do you think theres any Chinese kids with English word tattoos they can't read?
With about 400 million English speakers, not likely.

orangeeyesore Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:52 pm

my left arm about 5 years ago. the tattoo has grown over my cheast, onto my back now.

myzamboni Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:27 pm

don't get kanji: http://www.hanzismatter.com/

kahala46 Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:34 pm

If you want to be like all the other Lemings get one

Typ311Dave Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Why be part of the majority and get a tattoo? Be a part of the minority...

There's going to be a day when it's going to be rare to see somebody without a tattoo, and those people will be "cooler" than those that already have 'em...

bugninva Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:13 pm

LOL... i love the way folks label others with "lemming" when it's something they don't like... hard for some folks to believe that others do what they want, regaurdless of what others are doing... but you guys make me laugh... on the flipside, i guess it could be said that those that don't get tattoos are just __________..... fill in the blank, it doesn't really matter, it's just as ridiculous. :wink: