TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Miami V-Dubs VW Club - Miami, Florida Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 2027, 2028, 2029  Next
RAMZROD Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:09 pm

This is the Miami V-Dubs official thread!

In 1986 there was a VW club born in South Florida called Miami V-Dubs which made a great impact on the VW scene and on the lives of the members involved. Ceasar and Jerry were the founders of the club, and what started as a 2 man Bug Club blew up to be what some people believe to be one of the biggest and best clubs around. Till this day, 20 something years later, members keep in touch and others are intriqued about the Club.

Well we're more than a "CLUB", WE are a "FAMILY", we treat everyone as equals and don't discriminate anyone because of their vehicle. We focus on having fun and a good time! VWs are meant to be driven and enjoyed! What better way to do that than with your closest friends!!

FYI on the club...
Although anyone is welcomed to hang with us, membership is by invitation and based on participation. MVD is a VW club that is open to all VWs; any make, any model. If you have one or the desire to have one, you are always welcomed to participate in our club sponsored events.

We meet every 1st Saturday of the month during a cruise night held at Betty's Best Burgers (formerly Fuddruckers), 7800 SW 104th Street, Miami, FL 33156 (SW 104 Street & US1) just south of where the Palmetto 826 merges into US1.

We try to have one MVD sponsored event at least every 3 months. We will also participate in unofficial events between those 2 months time, so keep an eye open for postings!!

We joined in the VolksBlast weekend and hosted a "Conga Cruise" through the streets and beaches of Miami. We had close to 100 VWs and we raised $1500 to support the "Police Officers Assistance Trust". www.POAT.org

If you would like to be on our email mailing list of events, PM your email. This will guarantee you don't miss any of our club events.

We will make a major VW show or event a club event if the dates coincide. Our primary objective is to offer everyone in the Miami area a VW scene unlike any other area!

Miami V-Dubs
since 1986

For more info about our club and events check out...
www.myspace.com/miamivdubs

RAMZROD Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 pm

This is a show that has asked Miami V-Dubs to participate to kick start the monthly gatherings at Longhorn Steakhouse. They are trying to start a local monthly show in the Doral area just like Fuddruckers... it's every 2nd Saturday of the month. Check link for more details.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306268

RAMZROD Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Check out our first event after coming back into the scene!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=295459&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
pictures of actual event start on page 17...enjoy!

Spanish Flea Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:36 pm

So how does one join? 'caus i'm ready for the beatdown!!!

Bring it on!

Spanish Flea

rudygetz Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:14 pm

shweeeeet! This is exactly what I need for those long days at work....I hope to someday have a spiffy avatar and nice pink n blue sticker on my bus! (im ready for the beat down too) 8)

rudygetz Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:16 am

real lively in here :shock:

Spanish Flea Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 am

I know, i guess we are the only members on MVD!

Spanish Flea

rudygetz Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:46 am

nice! wait....kinda pathetic...dammit.

you going on Saturday to the Longhorn gtg?

pblanco10 Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:27 am

I'm representing in JAX, Fl.!

Spanish Flea Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:18 am

rudygetz wrote: nice! wait....kinda pathetic...dammit.

you going on Saturday to the Longhorn gtg?

There is about 25% chance i'll go.

Spanish Flea

rudygetz Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:23 am

howd you calculate that?

Thingamabob Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:24 pm

I might go if I can ride with Jeff.......The Thing is still apart.... :181_green:

Spanish Flea Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:54 pm

rudygetz wrote: howd you calculate that?

It's very complicated. It' plays in mood, weather, money, wife, friends, ride-a-longs, work, distance, neighborhood, temp, humidity, & mood.

Like, now that Bobby said he'd go with, it has pushed the number up to 45%.

:roll: at myself,
Spanish Flea

rudygetz Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:56 pm

wow...so how do we get that to over 50% ?? I'll bring a 6 pack in the cooler of my bus...eh?

bugginmiami Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Im shooting for Tower Shops this fri and maybe going to see a band or something afterwards. So ill see you guys there and anyone who wants to join afterwards is welcome.

muchohobbies Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 pm

are we talkin bout going to tshop on fri night or hornslong on sat night?
sat night, im there ! yo rudy, 6 pak of what? LOL! ...party on! or shall i say, the party is on!

arod Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 pm

OG MVD here, bitches!!(is that lively enough?) do not know what's up with this weekend,,yet. start making plans for another OFFICIAL MIAMI V-DUBS event soon. it is in the works.

Thingamabob Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Alex, Are you guys going to make new MVD stickers? Are they just for the OG guys? MVD Broward Chapter or LWK... :? :181_green:

wide5guy Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:35 pm

pblanco10 wrote: I'm representing in JAX, Fl.! I'm holding down central FL! I'll be the Orlando correspondent!

rudygetz Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:43 pm

freeeluvvv wrote: are we talkin bout going to tshop on fri night or hornslong on sat night?
sat night, im there ! yo rudy, 6 pak of what? LOL! ...party on! or shall i say, the party is on!

6 pack of whatever...taking requests.