TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
EverettB Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 pm

All of them except for Westfalia Campers

Travis Woodard Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Out west in October driving the 56 to the east coast in May get out and drive.

mandraks Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:47 pm

perfect color match. Love this bus

Travis Woodard Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:13 pm

It did match the landscape nicely.

D-train Sun May 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Does anyone have the measurements for the soft green fabric that goes over the top of the bulkhead by any chance?

truelinebob Sun May 13, 2018 9:49 pm

lots of green in this pic

type2rescuemaine Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm

https://goo.gl/maps/ZDq3mfgJFy52

Drew Ogden Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Quite a bit of green here as well :)

mr. warehouse Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Braukuche wrote: I'm putting mine up for sale. I have too many cars and just don't have enough time to spend on this one and I need to find a new custodian who can put the old boy in a nice garage and lavish attention on it. I love this bus, spent a lot of time making it right and keeping it original yet functionable. It's never been owned outside of San Diego County and I would like to see it stay here but it's going to go where I goes. I know the values have slipped on our buses, so not sure what to ask.
It's mostly original paint, did some metal repairs on wheel wells, lower nose skin, engine vents, tail lights, roof above the air vents, few front floor patches but dry otherwise, some minor collision damage in the rear, otherwise straight.
Interior is complete with original panels, original rear seat, Middle and front reupholstered.
Has a stroked 36hp engine using a vintage EMPI 69.5 crank, with a rare complete Rethwish dual carb kit, 010 diz., original Porsche OT crank pulley. Has original crashbox gearbox. Bus will go 63 to 65 mph all day long.
Anyway, any ideas of value would be appreciated. Here are a few pix

Now in Santa Rosa

EverettB Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Drew Ogden wrote: Quite a bit of green here as well :)

Oooh, nice!

zimblewinder Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:24 am

Boy that's jsut about my dream list right there :shock:

grizpdx Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Are we at a point yet where a PGSG traders thread would make sense?

scvw Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:54 am

My garage would be pretty complete right there!

Braukuche Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:59 am

mr. warehouse wrote: Braukuche wrote: I'm putting mine up for sale. I have too many cars and just don't have enough time to spend on this one and I need to find a new custodian who can put the old boy in a nice garage and lavish attention on it. I love this bus, spent a lot of time making it right and keeping it original yet functionable. It's never been owned outside of San Diego County and I would like to see it stay here but it's going to go where I goes. I know the values have slipped on our buses, so not sure what to ask.
It's mostly original paint, did some metal repairs on wheel wells, lower nose skin, engine vents, tail lights, roof above the air vents, few front floor patches but dry otherwise, some minor collision damage in the rear, otherwise straight.
Interior is complete with original panels, original rear seat, Middle and front reupholstered.
Has a stroked 36hp engine using a vintage EMPI 69.5 crank, with a rare complete Rethwish dual carb kit, 010 diz., original Porsche OT crank pulley. Has original crashbox gearbox. Bus will go 63 to 65 mph all day long.
Anyway, any ideas of value would be appreciated. Here are a few pix

Now in Santa Rosa

Any pix in it new surroundings?

Bang bus Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:09 am

Are Australian pgsg buses different to the rest of the world in regards to the pics below.
-bumpers are painted reverse colours
-pin striping is on the upper green section instead of lower sections
- wheels are painted the darker green instead of the lighter green.

or has this been painted the wrong colours at some point?

Thanks

EverettB wrote: 1957 RHD Palm Green semaphore Bus
Ended on eBay Australia today, unsold!
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/302592069393

NICE

D-train Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:03 am

Bang bus wrote: Are Australian pgsg buses different to the rest of the world in regards to the pics below.

Thanks

Yes, some Aussie buses have the reverse colour bumpers on them, the palm green stripe is probably worn off.
The wheels on the other hand could be the original colour, I’ve seen this bus a few years back now and can’t remember. It used to be owned by a Vw collector now it’s owned by a new guy. The interior and front badge are also incorrect, perforated inside and just a white badge.
Overall it’s a great bus for what it is!

EverettB Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:40 am

D-train wrote: Bang bus wrote: Are Australian pgsg buses different to the rest of the world in regards to the pics below.

Yes, some Aussie buses have the reverse colour bumpers on them, the palm green stripe is probably worn off.
The wheels on the other hand could be the original colour, I’ve seen this bus a few years back now and can’t remember. It used to be owned by a Vw collector now it’s owned by a new guy. The interior and front badge are also incorrect, perforated inside and just a white badge.

What does "perforated inside" mean? I thought maybe you meant it had a later perforated headliner in it but it looks like cloth

D-train Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:34 pm

EverettB wrote: D-train wrote: Bang bus wrote: Are Australian pgsg buses different to the rest of the world in regards to the pics below.

What does "perforated inside" mean? I thought maybe you meant it had a later perforated headliner in it but it looks like cloth

Unless my eyes are older than I think, check the long side window cover. Looks like a perforated White inside to me, but the rest looks like cloth.

D-train Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Some more aussie buses with inverted colour bumpers. One of these has now been sandblasted and all original paint including the bars is gone.

EverettB Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:36 pm

D-train wrote: EverettB wrote: D-train wrote: Bang bus wrote: Are Australian pgsg buses different to the rest of the world in regards to the pics below.

Unless my eyes are older than I think, check the long side window cover. Looks like a perforated White inside to me, but the rest looks like cloth.

Ok, I got it.

I guess they replaced the headliner sides because they get trashed first and left the cloth roof cover. Sort of strange.