TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anybody know what happened to these Colombian Barndoors? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Grant D Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:01 am

Gerson wrote: the 2 buses pictured above are different cars, the two tone orange bus is a type 27, it went to Europe(Belgium I think), a while back...... it was found here in Bogota....
the other bus is a 53, type 22, or 23..... I think this bus is owned by a guy named Frederic in Montpellier France....

Correct i have got to chat to him about it a few times
Didnt know it was ex col bus tho!!!!

sjmgielen Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 pm

RockStock wrote: ok, thanks, my mistake (is there a before pic of the blue one?)
not many Owners piping up....come on people....show us how you're getting on....how's it been

The blue bus was definitely sold by me. I sold it to a client from Belgium. I also sold him the orange-red ambulance. You can see ´before´ pictures of it on my website www.buscarros.myphotoalbum.com It`s on the second page and reads ´blue 1954 kombi`.
cheers, Sander

Panelvan Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:01 am

Hi,

Fred sold the ambulance in Italy , few week later the ambu was for sale again by the new Italian owner :lol: :lol: :lol: 15 000 € :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grant D Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:30 am

sjmgielen wrote: RockStock wrote: ok, thanks, my mistake (is there a before pic of the blue one?)
not many Owners piping up....come on people....show us how you're getting on....how's it been

The blue bus was definitely sold by me. I sold it to a client from Belgium. I also sold him the orange-red ambulance. You can see ´before´ pictures of it on my website www.buscarros.myphotoalbum.com It`s on the second page and reads ´blue 1954 kombi`.
cheers, Sander

It now has correct front end/pods on the dash and the bulkhead has been cut out,looks half decent now

RockStock Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:39 am

thanks Sander

so we have an update on our first one, 1953, VIN 20-066963
Columbia to Belgium to France
>as sold by Sander 2006:

http://www.buscarros.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album02&page=1
>as at July 08:

http://smallframe.skyrock.com/68.html

bubba Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:03 am

RockStock wrote: thanks Sander

>as sold by Sander 2006:

http://www.buscarros.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album02&page=1
>as at July 08:

http://smallframe.skyrock.com/68.html Passenger side doesn't look so hot. The door alignment looks very poor. But it is still a cool bus. 8)

Ian Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:20 am

Looks good slammed on earlies.

paneldave Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:07 pm

its all gone quiet......
if you`ve sold loads of barndoors worldwide then 1 or 3 would defo be reading through these pages so please please if they are then chime in and add your 2 cents..........

Tonny_Larsen Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:05 pm

RockStock wrote: thanks Sander

>as sold by Sander 2006:

http://smallframe.skyrock.com/68.html

As I know Frederic's bus have VIN 20-067073.
http://www.buscarros.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album07

The ambulance have VIN 20-097415

Lowdown Dirty Rat Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:05 pm

here's one

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=34719

Respect!

Gerson Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 pm

I pulled that bus out of that "farm" in Ibague Tolima, Colombia(notice it's spelled with an o, not a u).....anyways, sold it to a gentleman in the U.K, he was not very happy about the condition of the bus once it arrived in the U.K., and sold it to the gentleman that is working on it now........
this was one of the first buses that I sold, I was VERY naive to think that buses in this condition could be sold overseas, and me not have any problems with the new owners, I still owe this guy money that I volunteered to give back.....these buses need MAJOR, MAJOR work, hence the reason why I am always on this site telling people that these buses need major surgery, if you buy one of these buse in the condition that they are in when they are found, you are going to go through some "changes" in your life... :lol: :lol: :lol: , your wife is going to be fucking pissed once you get the "pile" on your driveway, and she sees it..... :D :D :D

Grant D Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:36 am

Gerson wrote: I pulled that bus out of that "farm" in Ibague Tolima, Colombia(notice it's spelled with an o, not a u).....anyways, sold it to a gentleman in the U.K, he was not very happy about the condition of the bus once it arrived in the U.K., and sold it to the gentleman that is working on it now........
this was one of the first buses that I sold, I was VERY naive to think that buses in this condition could be sold overseas, and me not have any problems with the new owners, I still owe this guy money that I volunteered to give back.....these buses need MAJOR, MAJOR work, hence the reason why I am always on this site telling people that these buses need major surgery, if you buy one of these buse in the condition that they are in when they are found, you are going to go through some "changes" in your life... :lol: :lol: :lol: , your wife is going to be fucking pissed once you get the "pile" on your driveway, and she sees it..... :D :D :D

Very true you have been honest with me when i ask you to sort a decent one out and you keep saying "No hopes" :lol:

mrsherbie Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:35 am

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Hope all is well.....

You too.
Our own 'lemon experience' (non BD) is now fixed and we took it to Le Mans Classic a few weeks back, so karma & smiles are finally back, phew! :D
(In fact we were parked trackside with Sam & Stephs BD, one of my favorites :D)

I agree with Gerson above also, Brits usually seem to expect far too much from these very old crooked buses which is certainly not the fault of the overseas seller either.

as you were.

silkyimpala Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:03 pm

: :twisted:
You guys need to stop Fighting over bulls&^t. The buss es are s**t but its no secret. I dare you to find one in the us that you don't have to give your left nut for. Will the cartel buss es ever be restored og, f**k no. Slam-um and drivem dirty tell they fall apart. Quit crying about the ten gs and get it on the road. Ill buy the green one f^&% it. Gerson and Sander shave and behave. I can think of cooler things going on in Columbia. The green one is on the way. Watch for sh*t falling off of it when Iam scarping the gear box off going down I-5. Maybe you can sell the stuff on the samba. 4000 for barn interior wow!

Gerson Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:36 pm

you bought that pile???, fuck me... :lol: :lol: :lol:, I guess we'll all see it at the classic next year..... :lol: :lol: :lol:, shit, just the shipping, and customs alone for a 20ft container delivered is going to wind up costing you $5,000U.S, plus the cost of the bus.... :( :( :( :(

silkyimpala Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:48 pm

No you'll see me hanging out of them cut out windows doing drive bys in east stockton. If its that bad when it gets here ill crush it to make me feel better. hahah

You seem like a cool dude when i go to columbia this month ill stop by your shop.

silkyimpala Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:53 pm

And get some metal if thats cool with you.

Gerson Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:54 pm

When will you be in Bogota????

silkyimpala Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:55 pm

soon

silkyimpala Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:58 pm

maybe when i get there sander you and i will go get some beers and you guys can sqaush that shit. :shock: