TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: How far would you go ? Page: 1, 2  Next
Split Box Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:48 am

EDIT.
link fixed

A fathers love for his son.

A son asked his father to compete with him in a marathon. The father, despite having a heart condition, said yes and they competed together, the son finishing just ahead of his father.

The son later asked his father if he would compete with him in the IRON MAN CONTEST. The father agreed, always honoring his sons request, and they competed. And as always they finished together. The two went on to compete in many more marathons together, the son always finishing just ahead of his father.

Enjoy !
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

Vanhag Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:42 am

Wouldn't be so great if the father would have died during the race due to his heart condition. Anyone ever think of that?

Kuncle Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:46 am

Vanhag wrote: Wouldn't be so great if the father would have died during the race due to his heart condition. Anyone ever think of that?

I think that would be cool as hell of the dad to go that far but at the same time if the son knew about his fathers heart condition and still asked him to do that would be kinda wrong. thats what I make of it.

Russ Wolfe Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 am

I think the son, knowing his fathers condition, is trying to kill him, and collect the inheritance.

Kuncle Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 am

Russ Wolfe wrote: I think the son, knowing his fathers condition, is trying to kill him, and collect the inheritance.

Damn lol Selfish?

EZ Gruv Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Vanhag wrote: Wouldn't be so great if the father would have died during the race due to his heart condition. Anyone ever think of that?

Perhaps it would have been 'better' of the son died during the race due to some unknown heart condition.

:wink:

blarneyman Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:18 am

Notch Head wrote: A fathers love for his son.

Thanks Notch Head! =D>
That hit home for my family. My wife's uncle had Palsy real bad and we cared for him from time to time. Now he's running his own races :wink:

WORD!!

TimGud Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:37 am

Thinking of ways to drum up business? :wink:

drscope Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:33 am

I have to wonder if that son was capable of asking his father to compete with him.

This just looks more like the father's wish to do things with his son then the son's wish to do things with the father.

I think its great that they do this, but I have a hard time trying to see the signifigance of the music to the video. Just what is the message?

Robs '52s Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:46 am

drscope wrote: I have to wonder if that son was capable of asking his father to compete with him.

This just looks more like the father's wish to do things with his son then the son's wish to do things with the father.

I think its great that they do this, but I have a hard time trying to see the signifigance of the music to the video. Just what is the message?

That's what I was thinking. Does the son even know what's going on?

Kuncle Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:08 am

splitrob wrote: drscope wrote: I have to wonder if that son was capable of asking his father to compete with him.

I bet the son wants a new honda.. the dad is a long time vw driver.. *this has nothing to do with anything.*

orangeeyesore Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:24 am

its probably all the exercise that the dad is doing that is strenghtening his heart and keeping him alive. as for the selfish son comment i assume it must be a joke, either that or you didnt watch the video.

Kuncle Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 am

orangeeyesore wrote: its probably all the exercise that the dad is doing that is strenghtening his heart and keeping him alive. as for the selfish son comment i assume it must be a joke, either that or you didnt watch the video.

there was a video :lol:

blarneyman Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:18 pm

splitrob wrote: drscope wrote: I have to wonder if that son was capable of asking his father to compete with him.

Absolutely! That's the thing with Cerebral Palsy. The body doesn't work but the mind is untouched by the disease. It is living hell for the person that has it. It's nearly impossible for them to communicate or move but they have full function of their mind. My wife's uncle could barely talk and had very little use of his arms and legs but his mind was sharp. He would spend hours at the computer just to type a short letter.

The message?
This mans love for his son was so great that he would do anything for him, regardless of the possible outcome. This is a small example of God's love for us.

drscope Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 am

So how do you explain God's love for the poor son with CP?

roo782 Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:13 am

drscope wrote: So how do you explain God's love for the poor son with CP?

How would you explain God's love for you? It is the same way He loves the son with CP. God would never ask us to do something HE knows we can not do. That family did not ask to have a son with CP, but instead of giving up that family has become stronger, and with God's help overcome the difficult task place in front of them.

drscope Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 am

You missed the question. If God loves us, how could he put this burden on the son with CP? The son certainly didn't ask for this.

This is sort of like saying "I love you, so I think I'll give you herpes".

roo782 Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

drscope wrote: You missed the question. If God loves us, how could he put this burden on the son with CP? The son certainly didn't ask for this.

This is sort of like saying "I love you, so I think I'll give you herpes".

The son does not know anything different, he has lived like that his whole life. Most of the people with CP, are happy people, they dont know what it is like to live a "normal" life as we do. To that family he might not be a burden, you never know how that famliy feels about the son being handicapped. And agian, God's love is to allow us to become stronger in Him, and to be able to deal with the stuff life throws at us.

420GOAT Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:49 am

roo782 wrote: drscope wrote: So how do you explain God's love for the poor son with CP?

How would you explain God's love for you? It is the same way He loves the son with CP. God would never ask us to do something HE knows we can not do. That family did not ask to have a son with CP, but instead of giving up that family has become stronger, and with God's help overcome the difficult task place in front of them.
god always asks us to do more than what we are capable of at the time. he must or we'd never grow.....or die.

drscope Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:23 am

Just explain how God could give this guy CP if he loves him? You are all dancing around the question.

I'm not asking about the "gift" the family has of a challanged son. I'm asking you to explain how God can dump this burden on the son who didn't ask for it and would certainly like to not be affected by it.