TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: How far would you go ? Page: Previous  1, 2
Smithy Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:23 am

One thing that is for sure is that GOD has a plan for all of us. My problem is, he/she never tells us the plan beforehand. The father and son seem to have spent some good quality time during that race. AND NOTHING HAPPENED...God's plan indeed....

BTW...for all those that said "what if", remember this. If your aunt had balls, she would be your uncle. "What if" means nothing in reality.

Kuncle Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:25 am

Smithy wrote: If your aunt had balls, she would be your uncle. "What if" means nothing in reality.

lol thats awesome

420GOAT Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:44 am

drscope wrote: Just explain how God could give this guy CP if he loves him? You are all dancing around the question.

I'm not asking about the "gift" the family has of a challanged son. I'm asking you to explain how God can dump this burden on the son who didn't ask for it and would certainly like to not be affected by it.

hes already got a spot waiting for him next to our father and they will both hope we get it eventually before our vessell dies. the son will be cured and no longer suffer and the dad will be there too, for caring and loving for the son....almost as though their spots are guaranteed.

roo782 Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 am

drscope wrote: Just explain how God could give this guy CP if he loves him? You are all dancing around the question.

I'm not asking about the "gift" the family has of a challanged son. I'm asking you to explain how God can dump this burden on the son who didn't ask for it and would certainly like to not be affected by it.

God knows this guys could handle CP. God will never gives us more than what he knows we can handle. "I can do all things through him, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

my65vert Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:24 am

Wtf? a religion thread?????? I thought they get deleted like political threads?

Robs '52s Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 am

I'm still not sure what a guy running a marathon with his crippled son has to do with god and how that that shows gods love for anybody??? Maybe this guy just likes doing marathons and figured he'd take his kid along.

420GOAT Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:53 am

TRUE^^^^IM WITH THIS GUY.

blarneyman Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:38 pm

God didn't give the son CP. All diseases are man made through our actions and lifestyles over time. It all starts with choice and free will. If we choose to do things that aren't pure, then impurity seeps in. God allows us to make our own decisions. If he didn't, he would be nothing more than a puppet master.

Even though this guy had CP, God used him to help other people. My wife's uncle was the same way. Even though he was disabled, his love for life and everyone around him was infectious.

roo782 Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 pm

blarneyman....Thank you, that is what I was trying to say.

Robs '52s Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:33 pm

So you're saying his dad and/or mom gave him CP. Maybe his dad was on drugs when he was conceived, now he feels guilty for giving him CP and brings him along on marathons?

blarneyman Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:02 pm

It could have come from anyone throughout history. We all have a common thread of DNA. No other living thing on earth has this one thread. So therefore, mankind as a whole is to blame.

drscope Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:39 am

Pass the Kool Aide! And the collection plate.

rusty57 Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Maybe someone just wants to know what people would say about the link.

If one of my kids had a disability, i would do anything for them, even if they wanted me to do marathons. Not that i can, but i would do it for them.

Rick73Super Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Where's Rev. Jeff when you need him? :lol:

wsniderokc Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 am

drscope wrote: Pass the Kool Aide! And the collection plate.

actually, in Jonestown, they used flav-r-aid

sorta rhymes with flava flav.

yell it out now.... FLAV-R-AAAAAIIIIIIIIDDDDDD and put on a Viking helmet.

Kuncle Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 am

wsniderokc wrote: drscope wrote: Pass the Kool Aide! And the collection plate.

actually, in Jonestown, they used flav-r-aid

sorta rhymes with flava flav.

yell it out now.... FLAV-R-AAAAAIIIIIIIIDDDDDD and put on a Viking helmet.

:?