TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anheuser-Busch Sold part dux: Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
HerrrKafer Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 am

you write like it. :D

...haha j/k you probably mentioned it at some point

ocdbeetle Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 am

Kuncle wrote: how did you know I was in school?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tram Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:08 am

I hope InBev got some change back.

coad Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 am

I do like how the Busch family was waving the American flag and screaming about how bad this deal was when the offer was $65 per share. Then they got offered $70 and everything's just great now.

It's all about the $$$$

Bart Dunn Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:18 am

What with the prices of rice these days, Budweiser was going to have to change recipies anyway. No great loss.

Kuncle Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:25 am

ocdbeetle wrote: Kuncle wrote: how did you know I was in school?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

People like you piss me off.

bajaherbie Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:28 am

saw on the news that coors is owned by a canadian co and miller is also owned by foreigners
:shock:

Gary Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:31 am

bajaherbie wrote: saw on the news that coors is owned by a canadian co and miller is also owned by foreigners

News must travel really slow to Altus!

crofty Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 am

bajaherbie wrote: saw on the news that coors is owned by a canadian co and miller is also owned by foreigners

Then there should be no excuse for their beer tasting like watered down piss.

DeathBus Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:40 am

Bud is swill, always has been and aways will be, throw me some PBR action! I will go out of my way for a Molson! To bad I cant drink beer like I used to.

IM DRUNK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuncle Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:41 am

DeathBus wrote: Bud is swill, always has been and aways will be, throw me some PBR action! :wink: I will go out of my way for a Molson! To bad I cant drink beer like I used to.

Peanuts! Matlock! Colon! My FOOT!

wsniderokc Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 am

does that mean i now have to change my BUG Y ZER tag?

Typ311Dave Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:57 am

coad wrote: I do like how the Busch family was waving the American flag and screaming about how bad this deal was when the offer was $65 per share. Then they got offered $70 and everything's just great now.

It's all about the $$$$
For 52 BILLION, Money talks and bullshit walks. It would have been a hostile takeover. Now the board will live the rest of their lives in retirement of some sorts, can you imagine how many shares they had?

As I can't stand budwiper, for obvious reasons, it is disenheartening to see another American business go down the "hershey highway" pun intended, bought by a huge foreign conglomerate, and moved out of the country.

Sad day for Americana.

Malokin Martin Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 am

DeathBus wrote: Bud is swill, always has been and aways will be, throw me some PBR action! I will go out of my way for a Molson! To bad I cant drink beer like I used to.

IM DRUNK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molson is owned by Coors....and yes.. PBR is the shit.

DeathBus Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:06 am

Malokin Martin wrote:

Yes Molson is, but I still like the taste.

Kuncle Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:23 am

DeathBus wrote: Malokin Martin wrote:

Yes Molson is, but I still like the taste.

and PBR is still the shit.

myzamboni Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:31 am

Interbrew (the In in Inbev) has been around since 1366. Hopefully their 500 years of added experience will result in a Budweiser I like.

crofty Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am

Typ311Dave wrote:

Sad day for Americana.

and NASCAR fans.

coad Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:43 am

Typ311Dave wrote:
For 52 BILLION, Money talks and bullshit walks. It would have been a hostile takeover. Now the board will live the rest of their lives in retirement of some sorts, can you imagine how many shares they had?

Well, the Busch family owns 4% of the stock. So 4% of 52 billion is about 2 billion. Now that's the whole family, and there seems to be a whole shitload of them, so that pie gets sliced a lot of ways, and there's capital gains taxes and all, but I think they'll all still have enough to eat at Red Lobster once in a while.

2true Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 am

This Bud's for.. EU