TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Ed Hardy swag, the new must have ?
powellscooter Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:13 pm

I was in Dillards last week and saw some old school tattoo themed t-thirts, they were pretty cool designs, think Sailor Jerry style. They were 90.00, for a thin ass material t-shirt. Then today on e-bays opening page I see Ed Hardy as a featured catagory. This is like when VonDutch stuff was hot a couple years ago and every teen ager had to have a VonDutch logo`d something, and none of em even had the vaguest idea who VonDutch even was.

luckystiff Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:09 pm

old news. it's actually been gaining for a few years now. i've actually got a pair of chuck taylor style Ed Hardy shoes the wife got me a coupla years ago and i refuse to wear them now.

it's exactly the same deal as the Von Dutch and the Sailor Jerry shit a few years back. it's just draging a bit slower and i think the Hardy shit is actually gonna be more rediculous price wise before it's all done.

funny sitting beside me is a Juxtapoz Special Tattoo Issue from 2003 that had a Ed Hardy vs Bob Roberts article in it. i was digging through some of my magazine stacks last week and pulled it out....ken....

56_in_714 Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:52 pm

Damn, in O.C. that douche bag gear's already played out...

driver_8 Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:23 am

When I went down to the classic this year I saw that shit everywhere, Didnt know what it was...oh well I guess I dont keep up with the who's who of LA fashion....It will hit the Ross' & Marshall's soon enough after the NEXT big thing comes out... When I was down I also went to check out the black label skatebaord HQ and around the corner from it there were hundreds of people in line with clear garbage bags with clothes in them, I thought WTF they must giving stuff away for free. Turns out it was that "Paul whatever monkey" brand clothes and people were actually buying that stuff like it was gold for pennies on the dollar....go figure...