TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: California Road Trippers...
iratehippie Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 am

just a note in case you all didn't know, Calif. just passed a no cell phone use while driving law, unless you have a hands free head set or some other device.

EZ Gruv Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:09 am

That happened on July 1st.

Plus, this thread should be in the general or off-topic forum.

theizzardking Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:41 am

is it a primary law or secondary, meaning you can only get charged for it if your speeding or doing somthing else wrong, this is the way it is here in seattle

you can only get the cell phone ticket if they pull you over for something else as well.

Calisupastarz Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:16 am

theizzardking wrote: is it a primary law or secondary, meaning you can only get charged for it if your speeding or doing somthing else wrong, this is the way it is here in seattle

you can only get the cell phone ticket if they pull you over for something else as well.

It is a primary offense here in California, the officer does not need to see any other infraction to cite the driver.

Information taken from the California DMV site.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/cellularphonelaws/index.htm

theizzardking Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 am

Calisupastarz wrote: theizzardking wrote: is it a primary law or secondary, meaning you can only get charged for it if your speeding or doing somthing else wrong, this is the way it is here in seattle

It is a primary offense here in California, the officer does not need to see any other infraction to cite the driver.

Information taken from the California DMV site.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/cellularphonelaws/index.htm

this is what happens when you start privatizing our government, they just come up with more ways to take your money like any good bidness would

crofty Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:28 pm

You'd love the law if you spent a week driving where I do.

I'd like to see them outlaw owning a SUV if you're a woman under 5'6" tall

Yustrn Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:34 pm

I just bought the Motorola T505 for my cars, it's great...I can't stand those homo's with the ear piece walking around.