TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: PDX VANAGON/DOKA/WESTFALIA ~Monthly Westravaganza!~ Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
climberjohn Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:38 pm

VanWilder wrote: Hey of anyone coming tomorrow, do any of you own a pellet stove and or have some pellets that I could liberate off of you? I am too cheap and don't need a 40 lb bag. I know a bag is only $5.50 but I only want like maybe 5-10 lbs of the stuff. I guess I should just go buy a bag and throw it in my garage.

Any help on some pellets would be much loved! 8)

VW,

I will bring pellets for you.
and maybe I missed this part . . . what time are we meeting? The normal 2-4ish?

CJ

keithwwalker Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 pm

I will be there, My DKW friend, will probably bring something wacky, he said perhaps a VW/Vespa! Figure that one out....

VanWilder Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:12 pm

climberjohn wrote: VanWilder wrote: Hey of anyone coming tomorrow, do any of you own a pellet stove and or have some pellets that I could liberate off of you? I am too cheap and don't need a 40 lb bag. I know a bag is only $5.50 but I only want like maybe 5-10 lbs of the stuff. I guess I should just go buy a bag and throw it in my garage.

Any help on some pellets would be much loved! 8)

VW,

I will bring pellets for you.
and maybe I missed this part . . . what time are we meeting? The normal 2-4ish?

CJ

Awesome CJ, I was not sure if you would be making it and all my local stores are out of pellets. Funny things is in Ca. I lived in the mountains and use to buy pellets buy the truck load and then split the truck with 5 other people. We would each get a pallet or two depending opn how many stoves you had. I had one gigantic one.

Yes 2pm is the gate time.

carterzest Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Excellent.
GWTWTLW, ClimberJohn, KeithWalker + DKW Friend 8), DAIZEE, Van Wilder, Shootingfish, Carterzest + ?, Dangerbus, VermontGirl, JKidd, WestyBob, Birthday Boy Agpushkas + ?

Roll call.
Page one!

Lucky Lab
1945 NW Quimby

tristessa Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm

VanWilder wrote: Hal is it the same type of pellet? Hard packed compressed?
Same type of hard packed compressed. They're shorter-length and *maybe* smaller diameter, but should work for testing purposes without you having to commit to a 50# bag if you can't beg a few handfuls from someone...

VanWilder Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:12 pm

tristessa wrote: VanWilder wrote: Hal is it the same type of pellet? Hard packed compressed?
Same type of hard packed compressed. They're shorter-length and *maybe* smaller diameter, but should work for testing purposes without you having to commit to a 50# bag if you can't beg a few handfuls from someone...
CJ has me handled. Thanks for the tip Hal. Also Dale will be attending to help me with my Locksmith needs. Thanks to Westybob. I love our neighborhood! Looks like it's going to be a nice turnout. See ya'lll there.

carterzest Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 am

VanWilder wrote: tristessa wrote: VanWilder wrote: Hal is it the same type of pellet? Hard packed compressed?
CJ has me handled. Thanks for the tip Hal. Also Dale will be attending to help me with my Locksmith needs. Thanks to Westybob. I love our neighborhood! Looks like it's going to be a nice turnout. See ya'lll there. Best Driver in Teh house?
Damn!
This is gonna be Lengyl Huge!
Daryl's gonna miss out. :oops:
NorthWesty?

VanWilder Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 am

carterzest wrote: VanWilder wrote: tristessa wrote: VanWilder wrote: Hal is it the same type of pellet? Hard packed compressed?
CJ has me handled. Thanks for the tip Hal. Also Dale will be attending to help me with my Locksmith needs. Thanks to Westybob. I love our neighborhood! Looks like it's going to be a nice turnout. See ya'lll there. Best Driver in Teh house?
Damn!
NorthWesty?

Cheers!!! :wink:

carterzest Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:22 pm

VanWilder wrote: carterzest wrote: VanWilder wrote: tristessa wrote: VanWilder wrote: Hal is it the same type of pellet? Hard packed compressed?
Damn!
NorthWesty?

Cheers!!! :wink:
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

Hey VermontGirl, do you need that front bumper and/or the mirror?

2 PM
see you there

childofthewind Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:25 pm

carterzest - Thanks, I think I'm all set in that dept. Just need to find someone to do some very minor body work.. maybe I'll meet someone who does this afternoon ;)

On a side note, do any of you going need a pair of Tyrol XC skis? They have the scales on the back (no wax) and the 3-pin bindings. They're too long for me (195's) and I need to give them away.

See you soon.

Luka

carterzest Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 pm

vermontgirl wrote: carterzest - Thanks, I think I'm all set in that dept. Just need to find someone to do some very minor body work.. maybe I'll meet someone who does this afternoon ;)

On a side note, do any of you going need a pair of Tyrol XC skis? They have the scales on the back (no wax) and the 3-pin bindings. They're too long for me (195's) and I need to give them away.

See you soon.

Luka

YES! That would be awesome. :D

Bring them :wink:

itsasyncro Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:06 pm

You guy have fun.
I left my van in Boulder, sounded like a good idea at
the time. Now I'm here for at least 2 weeks longer
then I had planned.

A boy and his Syncro should not be separated for
this long.
Have one for me.

Jeff

beatrich Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Which Lucky Lab? The tap house or the brewery?

Tristar Eric Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 pm

The one on NW Quimby...

Kopasz Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Had to skip the meetup today, much needed nap time got the best of me.

Hope you all had a blast.

carterzest Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Sorry we missed you agpushkas. You would have had a great time.
Crappy cold hands iPhone video of our DKW Auto Union visitor, as well as Dangerbus and his beautiful split bus down from BC.

Tonys ambient Euro Roofrack! 8)

Dangerbus Brian and his lovely wifes ride 8) I did not take any pics of their incredible interior. IT IS INCREDIBLE! I will say that it is even cooler than Bumfuzzle's interior. Hoping Rick took some pics of it.

Shootingfish Colin saved the day with the quickset ARB awning. Between the awning and portable micro fireplaces, we made out ok.n Thanks for the antifreeze and the friends and family pass 8)

The SINKA twins. Where do you see 2 Syncro Sinkas at the same place. How cool is that!

KeithWalker in the house. Thanks for having your friend bring his DKW. That is cool as Feck!

VanWilder~JC with the debut of his homemade copy of CJ's awesome portable firepit unit

Discovered I got backed into at work sometime this last week. Right rear corner tagged(not visible in this pic. :twisted: Nothing really to see with my van(left), but there is always something new to see on Frankensubysyncro's van.

and it was great to see Dale!
It was awesome to finally meet Vermontgirl, Luka. What a great lady. Thank you for the Ski's and poles 8)
RCook, Rick, took some more pics and I am certain he will post up. All in all another great meet. The Vintage Volvo club came over and spent a good portion of their meet on in the North Parking lot :lol:

Recruited a couple more folks to make the Journey to Moab in May for Solstice 2012.2. Here is the Fakebook link for those of you interested.
https://www.facebook.com/events/357069104316668/
I am Nick Jeffries on Fakebook but you can also find me by Jeffrey Carter.
http://www.reverbnation.com/thenickjeffriesproject

rcook52459 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 pm

lucky lab pics

PNW Westy Owner Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Wish I could have made it unfortunately I had other commitments and this was my excitement on Saturday morning.

Guy ran a stop sign as I was going through the intersection and this is what I ended up with. Ouch! If there was any good news it was that the driver at least had insurance.

Might be looking for some advice from Pete and anyone else in the PDX area that has had to wrestle with the insurance adjuster.

Bob
86 Westy Weekender

WestyBob Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Hm-m-m-m .... bummer, bummer. Nothing good about that except you have a weekender rather than a full westy which really could have damaged the whole kitchen unit and hook-ups. Sorry about your woes.

arthurnugen Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Love it Mark! Way to represent the group. :)

Everett, we DKWs may be third cousins, but we are strong and proud. :)

Arthur