TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Bug Metal Pedal Car Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
IowaVdubbers Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Has anyone ever seen one?? We picked one up , and would like to know more information about it....
Thanks in advance....
:P

toydude111 Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:32 pm

They were made in Japan in the late 80's. They came as pedal cars or electric. $150 new.

vic Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:26 pm

i just picked up this from a friend of mine

IowaVdubbers Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 am

Very Cool... do you have a better pix of the car to post... kind of blurry :-)
I would love to see more pictures....
:D
Thanks

vic wrote:
i just picked up this from a friend of mine

mandysbus Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:54 am

toydude111 wrote: They were made in Japan in the late 80's. They came as pedal cars or electric. $150 new.
made in china..........

WM971252 Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:31 am

The red ones were sold at Toys R US I know I was getting them in the 90s.

oldbugs Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:20 pm

vwbuggn73 wrote: Has anyone ever seen one?? We picked one up , and would like to know more information about it....
Thanks in advance....

I've got one like this only its the electric version. I've had it about 10 years now, in perfect shape. Kelly

realbugfanatic Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Some time ago I had seen a guy hand building some of the sweetest VW pedal cars:

xavi_242 Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:15 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=305859

MAYHEM Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:22 am

vwbuggn73 wrote: Has anyone ever seen one?? We picked one up , and would like to know more information about it....
Thanks in advance....

I purchased one from Rocky Mountain Motorworks right be for they went out of business. Still in my garage, my son rode it like once. Thats cool.....Its a cool little collectible.

superman73 Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:43 pm

does anyone know where to get replacement parts for the red beetles? like taillights, signal lights? i just bought one off e-bay and they are broken off, but the bumpers and seat and steering wheel are good, even the headlights and wheels/hubcaps.

MAYHEM Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:30 pm

superman73 wrote: does anyone know where to get replacement parts for the red beetles? like taillights, signal lights? i just bought one off e-bay and they are broken off, but the bumpers and seat and steering wheel are good, even the headlights and wheels/hubcaps.

Good luck. VW cracked down on copies of their designs and thats when they stopped making those.
I have one that I bought new, for my son :roll: , and the first and only time he used it the license plate broke off. Other than that it is mint.

Jeckler Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:58 pm

My oldest daughter, just under 2 years old, riding hers. Christmas 2000

jhicken Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:16 pm

I got an electric one of those, still in the box in my garage. One of these days I got to put it together.

-jeffrey

bignick Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:37 pm

I just found mine in the attic when I went home for thanksgiving last week. Still there from when I was a little kid...er... littler kid. Mine is in great shape except the steering wheel. Here is a picture of how I found it.

It had this sticker on the back of it. I don't know if they made it or just distributed it.

I sometimes wonder how my dad knew I'd be into VWs later on it life....

werksberg Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Or with the purchase of one of these, you can make a larger scale pedal car.....even for an adult of 6'+ like myself:

:D

oldoval Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:05 pm

I bought the body only at pamona last year, and made it into a bad ass cooler hauler, it gets tons of looks and photos, I have another body that i need to do something with to. Thanks JEFF

Sorry for the camera phone photo :oops:

werksberg Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 pm

I also had 2x bodies around here as I wanted to cut / chop them together for a larger version but I gave them to a buddy at Berg's as he is taking a body repair class at my former ROP school.

Cool cooler ride! 8)

WM971252 Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:15 pm

bignick wrote: I just found mine in the attic when I went home for thanksgiving last week. Still there from when I was a little kid...er... littler kid. Mine is in great shape except the steering wheel. Here is a picture of how I found it.

It had this sticker on the back of it. I don't know if they made it or just distributed it.

I sometimes wonder how my dad knew I'd be into VWs later on it life....

Munchkin Motors is a toy dealer out here in eastern CT. It just so happens that he also has a early Bug and is a VW guy from way back.

suebug Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:29 pm

MAYHEM wrote: vwbuggn73 wrote: Has anyone ever seen one?? We picked one up , and would like to know more information about it....
Thanks in advance....

I purchased one from Rocky Mountain Motorworks right be for they went out of business. Still in my garage, my son rode it like once. Thats cool.....Its a cool little collectible.

I bought one of these for my son in 1988 from FAO Schwartz in SoCal. I think it's in the attic somewhere. Great video from Christmas morning.