TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone recognise this 21 window Texas/Berkeley California? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
pacey Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:13 pm

FlusteredBust wrote: IMHO, $30 worth of SWR plastic insert beading for deluxe trim would really add to the look.
My friends have all had a say on which colour they think would look best,black,red,green, but i'm gonna stick to it's original colour which was white. I don't yet know if all the white will look strange but it's what vw fitted so who am I to question.

Here is my inspiration for the last 5 months, note the white belt line trim.

resto73 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:14 am

As you havent updated this thread for a while i thought id show people your bus rolling bruv 8)

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/resto73/?action=view&current=V150209_1614.flv

and one of me driving it
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/resto73/?action=view&current=V150209_1611.flv

and one in slo mo for yo
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/resto73/?action=view&current=V150209_1615.flv

enjoy 8)

cdennisg Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Cool bus, but you're gonna wreck it driving on the wrong side of the street like that. :wink:

pacey Mon May 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Here's a few pictures from a local stately home we visited today.

IN2RUST Mon May 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Beautiful Bus man. I love lotus white.

pacey Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Finally got my interior in and bus is working well, got photographed for Volksworld Camper and bus. Here's a few shots from the shoot.

Since these were taken I found a westy table top as the wooden one didn't match.

Culito Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Looks awesome, man! Did you ever make an attempt to contact the lady on the envelope?

pacey Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:21 pm

I have tried several times as she has 6/7 addresses listed but you have to pay to gain access to these. Unlucky for me she left the college (retired) I think she is an alumni member so this is probably my only option now.

pacey Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 am

Culito wrote: Looks awesome, man! Did you ever make an attempt to contact the lady on the envelope?
Since you posted this it got me thinking.... so over the last eight hours i've been searching the internet. I think i've found out the name of the womans friend, it's Sue Ammen. More updates as and when I find them. Colin.

Kelly Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:38 am

pacey wrote:

This is a great shot! Congrats on the mag shoot.
I like the fact that you left the patina on the overhead as well as the door frame.

pacey Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 am

JacsWagen wrote: pacey wrote:

This is a great shot! Congrats on the mag shoot.
I like the fact that you left the patina on the overhead as well as the door frame.
Thanks, I left all the bodywork inside and around the doors/windows as I found it. The guys who fitted the interior couldn't get their heads around leaving it as it was, they wanted to clean and polish everything including the overhead vent box and all the window appatures.

pacey Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Success at last, finally spoke to Gail Abbott the woman on the envelope. She recalls the envelope and confirmed that the handwriting was from a family member, she was also friends with the person named on the reverse but thats as far as it goes, she never owned the bus and probably never travelled in it :cry: . Which leads me on to my next question, can you find the previous owners of a vehicle if you have the old license plate? And if I can could someone point me in the right direction . Thanks Colin Pace.

vdub66gone Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Colin, I contacted you last year and honestly totally forgot. I'll be out of town untill mon but pm me to remind me and I'll go by the guys house that owned it here in Texas. Maybe help unvail it's history some...
Talk to you soon
-Evan

pacey Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 am

vdub66gone wrote: Hi Colin, I contacted you last year and honestly totally forgot. I'll be out of town untill mon but pm me to remind me and I'll go by the guys house that owned it here in Texas. Maybe help unvail it's history some...
Talk to you soon
-Evan
Thanks Evan that would be great, col.

xavi_242 Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 am

wow you did an awesome job in getting the OG paint...

some before and after pics are always fun... (for those who only read the last pages)

Sooty Sooty Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Just found this Colin.... cheers for the bus! I love it!!!!!

Oh.... and it's NOT getting repainted!