TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Circle Yer Wagens 28 - Oct. 4 & 5 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
avwa Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:16 am

Top 75 All VW Show & Swapmeet
HERE FOR INFO: http://www.avwa.com/cyw28.html
ALSO ON THIS SITE: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/
Event coverage by Hot VWs Magazine.

28th Show!
If you have attended the past 27, show us your dash plaques for all of them & get a cash reward.

Please Support Our Annual Event Sponsors.
Call Them With Your Order.
Save Shipping & Have It delivered To The Show.

SUNDANCE BUG & BUGGY
Plant City, FL - 813-752-4207

GERMAN AUTOMOTIVE
Fletcher, NC - 828-684-0684

BUGSTUFF
West Brownsville, PA - 1-800-752-2847

PRO-FLOW PERFORMANCE
Hiram, GA - 770-653-2436

EAST COAST SAND RAILS
Durham, NC - 919-596-2934

CAROLINA FUN BUGS
Valdese, NC - 828-874-7119

CREATIVE CAR CRAFT
Manchester, TN - 423-939-0289

Thanks & See You There.
http://www.avwa.com/

rgdedge Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 am

You know I will be there.
Tim

Lurchseesu Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:18 pm

rgdedge wrote: You know I will be there.
Tim
Someone's sportin' a new look.

johnnyrotten Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:24 pm

I'm going again.

Question.....

The flyer says "top 75 show". I believe this is the first year for the change. Why change it now?????

Curious,

John

rgdedge Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Lurchseesu wrote: rgdedge wrote: You know I will be there.
Tim

Just wanted to change it a little. $10 dollars made a big difference. :D
Tim

onebadoval56 Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:36 pm

ill be there

no bus :evil:

but the new one will be going to farmington

avwa Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:44 pm

EXHIBITION BURNOUTS ARE BACK
Bring some old tires (safe ones) & get paid to enter.
Pop a tire & get an extra $50

russwiththebus Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm

I will be there. Some of us will probably be caravaning from Chattanooga.

fifty-five Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:15 pm

rgdedge wrote: Lurchseesu wrote: rgdedge wrote: You know I will be there.
Tim

Just wanted to change it a little. $10 dollars made a big difference. :D
Tim

was it you that got married last year?

rgdedge Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Quote:

was it you that got married last year?
Yes and no. I got married in june. I drove the bride (Susie) to the alter in my bug at the fall CYW for a guy from volksrods.com, Carl (carlbugs).
Tim

fifty-five Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Ah it was Carl and Susie I was thinking of. I remembered your car. My car was the one behind them in the wedding.

SoWesty Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:58 am

johnnyrotten wrote: I'm going again.

Question.....

The flyer says "top 75 show". I believe this is the first year for the change. Why change it now?????

Curious,

John

The expo show this year was top 75 also...dont know why they are doing this unless its cheaper trophy wise? Kinda dissapointing though.

Our club Knox Volks will be there, alot of us are camping this year, cant wait, drop by and say hello

johnnyrotten Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:14 am

SoWesty wrote: johnnyrotten wrote: I'm going again.

Question.....

Curious,

John

The expo show this year was top 75 also...dont know why they are doing this unless its cheaper trophy wise? Kinda dissapointing though.

Our club Knox Volks will be there, alot of us are camping this year, cant wait, drop by and say hello

I do believe there were "too many classes" and probably lots of left over awards (like top 3 things and only 2 things at the show). Top 75 is probably better but does not distinguish classes. This spring for example I was in the ghia modified class, but there were only 5 or 6 in my class, but there were ghia daily drivers and stock as well, oh, and convertables. So, 4 classes for ghias and only probably 9 ghias at the show. That leaves 12 trophies and only 9 ghias.

John

avwa Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:10 am

johnnyrotten wrote: I'm going again.

Question.....

Curious,

John

SoWesty wrote: dont know why they are doing this unless its cheaper trophy wise

I'll try to explain.
Cost of trophies was not a consideration. In fact, I think, since we added some "special" awards, the cost is a little more.
We've been "picking your VWs apart" while judging for a lot of years now.
When the show was over you knew exactly, by seeing your score card, what we found.
This form of judging required the vehicle owner to work his or her butt off all weekend to always be ready for judging.
With this new format, we can eliminate most of that stress and the show can be more relaxing for everyone.
Now instead of having a panic attack about a blade of grass or a fly speck on your VW, don't worry about it. We know what's under there & you'll be forgiven.

johnnyrotten also wrote: I do believe there were "too many classes" and probably lots of left over awards.
You're exactly right. We always toted extra trophies to storage after the show. We did the Knoxville show as a top 75 & only had one left over because someone had to leave early.
By doing it this way, we give out a lot more trophies than before.
In fact we had people taking trophies home who had never gotten one before.
We live in what is considered the car show capital and some are the largest of their kind. Almost all are top 20 to top 50 but none that I can think of are top 75.
I think Southeastern Bug Fair VW show in Georgia was top 40 and a successful show.
We decided to go with top 75 so more could have a chance at winning something.

I hope this helps explain the change.
Just bring Your VW to the show, relax, have fun and don't worry if you don't get it washed in time.
We'll make sure the trophy(s) you take home will be just as special as before.
You just won't be as tired & stressed as before.

rgdedge Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Winning a plaque/trophy is nice but I go to relax,buy parts, and B/S with a lot of good people. See yall there.
Tim

johnnyrotten Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks for the explanation, and I do agree. I freaked out for a good while after the show on changing the things that were "marked on my card". Cool deal, more time to bs with the other vw guys and not worry about missing a water drop on the chrome.

I am really looking forward to the show!!!!!!

John

defbug Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Anybody bringing fairly condition door panels to sale at the show that will fit a 57 bug, If so any pics and price or just price. Oh yeah I'll be there!

dwayne prince Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:47 pm

i'll be there.top 75 or not.i just like to hang with vw people anyways.getting a trophy is great,but i'm not spending all weekend polishing my car when i could be bullshittin with some good people and trying to figure out if i could win the sound off comp with a flowmaster over some of the loud buggies(you know who i'm talking about)

FatherProphet Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Was wondering if we could camp all night...flier says gates close at 10... do we have to leave? also..It takes me awhile to get my 40 horse through the Mountains..will we be able to come Friday evening and set-up camp?how close is camp to the show? do you have to show your car to camp? I wouldn't mind showing my pile..

johnnyrotten Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm

open for campers all night, most vendors camp as well

sheriff at gate entrance all night

this spring we arrived at about 9p.m friday, camped friday night, sat night and left sunday afternoon.

hope to see ya there!!!!