TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Ike Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
MrBreeze Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Take care everyone down there, stay safe!

blankmange Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:43 pm

eyounger Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:52 pm

We are going to ride it out. May get some heavy rain but should be ok!

notchback Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 pm

blankmange wrote: When Eisenhower ran for President in 1952, he announced his candidacy on June 1, 1952 and won the nomination the next month. We need a shortened political season like they had back in the 50's.

Calisupastarz Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:29 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of this.... he would've slapped the shit out of that storm!!

The Sage Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Who the heck is this guy?

sloans265 Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:30 pm

MrBreeze wrote: Take care everyone down there, stay safe!

Yeah all you Texas folk better be getting ready! Ike has already caused flooding in low lying areas along the Gulf Coast up here in Fla and Alabamy!And we're nowhere near the path!

Pensacola Beach Fishing Pier.

This was the road in front of my jobsite this morning! I had to shut down due to high winds.(Taken with cellphone)

cln60ragfk Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:22 pm

sloans265 wrote: MrBreeze wrote: Take care everyone down there, stay safe!

Yeah all you Texas folk better be getting ready! Ike has already caused flooding in low lying areas along the Gulf Coast up here in Fla and Alabamy!And we're nowhere near the path!

Pensacola Beach Fishing Pier.

This was the road in front of my jobsite this morning! I had to shut down due to high winds.(Taken with cellphone)

holly fuck!!! hope everyone down there is safe and sound. be careful

obus Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Calisupastarz wrote: I was thinking more along the lines of this.... he would've slapped the shit out of that storm!!

in the old days someone would have Photoshopped Rich's 50 in here!!!

Be safe all!

EdW Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 pm

notchback wrote: When Eisenhower ran for President in 1952, he announced his candidacy on June 1, 1952 and won the nomination the next month. We need a shortened political season like they had back in the 50's.

Why must you bring politics into a hurricane discussion?

This is all about hot air wind.

nimbus Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:08 am

My wife had to fly out to Houston for a family emergency on Wednesday, staying until Tuesday, maybe longer.

She said as of yesterday, 10 zip codes in Houston were evacuating, she is in the NW side of Houston...hopefully far enough away.

DownRiver Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:44 am

Damn, this one could get messy.

I lived in Lake Jackson just S of Houston in '01 when Tropical storm Allison came through. Houston saw 100 year level flooding then. Oddly enough, it barely rained where I was.

Ike is projected to hit my old beach (Freeport) and will likely do significant damage to the low-lying infrastructure down there. (Dow)

Everything around Houston is essentially one big bayou. Couple that with a massive storm surge......I'm hoping for the best.

There is also an area East of Houston called the "Golden Triangle" (Orange, Beaumont and Port Arthur) A direct hit here could cripple certain industries, mine included.

Good Luck everyone.

DeathBus Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:56 am

Gas here is already up to $4.50 a gallon because of this. I have heard it's up to $5.50 in Atlanta for regular! :shock:

nimbus Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am

Yeah, I think they are shutting down production right now in the Gulf, I heard FL will go up as well, then come back down once they get back on line.

My wife said in Houston, stations are running out of gas and were there is gas, it's 4-5 cars deep.

i_am_cool_fred Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 am

DeathBus wrote: Gas here is already up to $4.50 a gallon because of this. I have heard it's up to $5.50 in Atlanta for regular! :shock:

it's up to $5 in places here in arkansas
:roll:

looks like ike will still be a tropical storm when it hits us...which sucks because our rivers are still up from gustav

sloans265 Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:10 pm

nimbus wrote: Yeah, I think they are shutting down production right now in the Gulf, I heard FL will go up as well, then come back down once they get back on line.

My wife said in Houston, stations are running out of gas and were there is gas, it's 4-5 cars deep.

Prices haven't gone up YET around here, but everybody at work went ahead and filled up all the trucks and we went ahead and had all our "red dye" diesel tanks filled at the shop.

HamburgerBrad Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:20 pm

nimbus wrote: ...she is in the NW side of Houston...hopefully far enough away.
I hope so too. My mother is up in the NW corner of Houston

DeathBus Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Full blown panic here, most stations say they will be out of Gas by tomorrow, Gov. Riley has declared a state of emergency.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/09/gov_riley_declares_state_of_em_1.html

Russ Wolfe Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:59 pm

Our gas went from $3.34 yesterday, to $3.49 today.
We are getting cold damp air and rain. I think that is left over from Gustav.

MAYHEM Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Gas has gone up one dollar in one day :shock:
Most stations here are limiting you to 10 gallons or they are already out of fuel. News says $6 saturday, if you can find it, and donn't be suprised to see $8 by monday :evil: