TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: anyone have a pic of the beetle lil" Bugger Page: 1, 2  Next
turbomustang84 Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:16 pm

I think they came out in 73 or 74 it was a motor home that was half motor home and the nose was a beetle or super beetle .
I have not seen one of these in at least 20 years ,My Aunt owned one but it had a pinto front end
.they were all called lil Buggers even the pinto version ,
obviously they did not sell too well but I would love a pic or two of them ,I would actually buy one if I found one for sale .

morymob Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:48 pm

do a search,was one for sale earlier in summer,think was in Ohio.

CHB73SB Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:49 pm

is this what you are looking for?

according to the website where i found the pic there was only 200 made.

morymob Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 pm

I have a copy of the bug magazine where the co that made them did a good writeup/pics. They made some, also sold kits,u supply bug chassismwere in cal somewhere.

morymob Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:00 pm

the pic posted isnt like the one by-lil bugger-co,could be modified one. theirs had full door just past corner on dvr side, rv style but narrow.

germanysfinest Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:06 pm

do a search for vw minihome on google

turbomustang84 Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Quote: is this what you are looking for?

same idea but not exactly

SkrapMetal Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Winnebugo

turbomustang84 Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Quote:
I have a copy of the bug magazine where the co that made them did a good writeup/pics. They made some, also sold kits,u supply bug chassismwere in cal somewhere.

I would love a scan of that or atleast the issue info so I could search ebay

I have been searching for the last couple of years for pics and or info on the LIL" Bugger

turbomustang84 Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm

I found some on a fiat site

blue72beetle Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:05 pm

There's probably plenty of pictures in the Abortions thread.

JeffDeWitt Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:38 pm

turbomustang84 wrote: I found some on a fiat site

Someone was having fun in the darkroom, those pictures are the same except the one with the Thing is fake.

Matt Anderson Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:40 pm

I'd love to see her cook in the pouring rain and then go to sleep in an area that a monkey couldn't even f@$* a football in.

JeffDeWitt Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 pm

And this one is just a really bad fake!

These days of course we would say they were Photoshopped, but people were faking pictures LONG before Photoshop came along! (I've got a picture of my Grandfather with Charles Lindberg and Mayor La Guardia, we are pretty sure the only place they all got together was in my Grandfathers darkroom!

Matt Anderson Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Does it come with the Leisure suit too? There was one for sale somewhere by Athens, OH this summer.

Lotrat Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 pm

I still want one of these...

19super73 Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:34 am

Is that green SHAG??? That's pimptastic!!!!!!

morymob Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 am

The lil-Bugger article is in=Dune Buggies & Hot VWs dated January1976. There is a #48287 also,dont know its connection. Also have same mag with article converting vw to 2-cyls by a n-west college as a school project. I did this same thing about 5yrs earlier 1974 due to oil embargo,needed better mi,and mostly didnt have enuf parts/money to do a full eng,drove about 6 mo to work in-town,got around pretty good. Seriously thinking of doing another,have some ideas to test out.

MonkeySee Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:18 am

Can't find any info on these things other than this thread.

Epilog79 Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:03 am

We were up at the Northwest Vintage Show in Seattle Washington this summer and there was a SuperBugger. It was pretty cool. It won an award. There was a steady stream of onlookers all day. Here are a few pics that my son took.