TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The Binz Double Cab Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Keysar Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 pm

show your binz!

mightymouse Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:28 pm

my question has always been.. whos binz is this? seriously...

its fricken early, and bad ass. i do hope it still exists. i would give anything to see it in person, and take pics, look it over etc. it is simply BAD ASS.

mightymouse Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:32 pm

so dope..

gatorwyatt Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:36 pm

mightymouse wrote: my question has always been.. whos binz is this? seriously...

its fricken early, and bad ass. i do hope it still exists. i would give anything to see it in person, and take pics, look it over etc. it is simply BAD ASS.

i could be wrong but that looks like the binz dan kinsey owned and when jeff keller owned it and had it dressed in 57 gear.around 96 he drove it to florida like that...

mine

cdennisg Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:51 pm

EverettB Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:53 pm

Where are those at now?

cdennisg Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:59 pm

The one in the bottom pics (also the one buried in snow) is now in the garage of Moe Moore.

The other is stashed way up north in the midwest. I (we) found it about 17 years ago. It has moved from where the pics were taken, but it is in safe hands. That is all the info I am willing to divulge.

j.pickens Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:38 pm

cdennisg wrote:

Damn! Do you suppose that is a factory silver white pressed bumper?

Keysar Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 pm

I'm digging all the pics. the dc binz is one of my fav vw's next to a 21... very nice ones I'm seeing...keep them coming..... thanks

EverettB Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:47 pm

cdennisg wrote: The one in the bottom pics (also the one buried in snow) is now in the garage of Moe Moore.
The same one that Earl in AZ owns now? Super rusty?

White99z Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I gotta ask... sorry. I have been seeing Binz's on here for a few months now and I have no clue what a Binz is other than the fact that it was made by an aftermarket company who took delivery from VW. Can someone tell me exactly what a Binz is? Thanks!

EDIT: Google! I could never find anything searching on here...

http://www.dropgates.com/binz/binzhistory.html

campingbox Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:06 pm

j.pickens wrote: cdennisg wrote:

Damn! Do you suppose that is a factory silver white pressed bumper?

I think they were delivered in primer, so who knows what Binz did with it after they hacked it up.

j.pickens Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:12 pm

campingbox wrote:
I think they were delivered in primer, so who knows what Binz did with it after they hacked it up.
Oh, yeah, damn...

cdennisg Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:38 pm

EverettB wrote: cdennisg wrote: The one in the bottom pics (also the one buried in snow) is now in the garage of Moe Moore.
The same one that Earl in AZ owns now? Super rusty?

Nope. I believe Moe still has it as he occasionally sends me pics of girls with rubber bands around their crotches while sprawled out on top of it.

sled Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:46 pm

pics or it didnt happen.

cdennisg Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:49 pm

Check out his website at transporter garden. I don't keep emails very long so I don't have a direct link handy.

Sorry Jake.

blackdog1999 Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:22 am

Sorry for the old pic. Unfortunately the pic is many years old but the Binz still looks the same.

[/img]

White99z Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:51 am

blackdog1999 wrote: Sorry for the old pic. Unfortunately the pic is many years old but the Binz still looks the same.

[/img]

Damn! You need to finish that baby. Looks like the hard part (bodywork) is already done...

Kuncle Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:37 pm

This is a friend of mine's binz..

Cool ass bus fo sho..

obus Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:30 pm

^^^Is that the one my65vert owned?