TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Avery's Air Cooled - [email protected] Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
a.wilson Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:23 am

This a feedback for seller avery's air cooled .

(Here is the Classified ads list).

I have purchased several items in the past from avery's, and have always been happy with the purchases every time. They have even helped with a rare part that I was looking for last year in a reply to a wanted ad. A top rated seller of good parts!

Thanks guy's!

WestchesterBug Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:10 pm

They have been around for 20+ years and seem to have a lot of "stuff", but very little feedback here....thinking of buying from them, but.....is no news, good news?
...any other feedback On Avery's Air-Cooled in Woodland Washington?

bond007 Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 am

Bought a genuine sunroof crank and screw for my '74 Sunbug form Avery's Air Cooled. Shipped fast and the condition of the part is great. Great transaction.

Thanks

Smithy Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm

I'll add my name to the list of satisfied customers. Good prices, fast shipping, and everything as described. Who could ask for anything more...

RCB Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:40 pm

I just got a "hard to find" part for my 82 air-cooled Westy.

The price was good the shipping was fast and the package was packed real good...that kinda stuff makes me and Madam Helga happy :D

Im definitly going to buy from them again

MB56VW Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 pm

I have a 56 oval and I have got a few things from averys. His does have a lot of parts and a lot of rare parts also. The prices are good, ships fast. I also took the drive up there and he has a nice setup( big shop). I would go back to him for parts anyday

chimneyfish Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:52 am

Postive feedback here. I bought an original rear view mirror for my bay from Avery's (an anti dazzle one to replace my standard one).

Communications were really fast and good, leading to a fast PayPal transaction, and international shipping to here in the UK. The mirror arrived here soon after, and was very well packaged and exactly as described and pictured. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. Thank you.

TonyPgh Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:14 pm

I just ordered a very hard to find part for my 74 SB, the glove box stryker latch, and it was here fast, and very friendly service. I give them two thumbs up for sure!

Coast Cruiser Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 pm

I bought a rear view early bay mirror.
Very good purchase ! Thanks to Mike.

Air_Cooled_Nut Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Drove up and picked up a middle seat, 2 person, for our Bus. Got the mounting hardware as well. Got a tour of the warehouse!!! Also the case machining facility -- awesome 8) Great seller.

bugnut68 Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Just out of curiosity, when did the name change from Averre's to Avery's? Did the place change ownership in recent years?

avery's air cooled Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:42 pm

bugnut68 wrote: Just out of curiosity, when did the name change from Averre's to Avery's? Did the place change ownership in recent years?

On December 1, 2007 Steve Averre retired and sold the business to Todd and Rebeca Francis. All of the inventory was moved to our new location in Woodland at that time. Steve requested that we change the spelling of the business name. You can also see this ad: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=543874 We kept all of the same phone numbers as well as the employees of the former location.

Thanks again and let me know if there is anything we can help you find,
Toby at Avery's

Oh, and thanks to everybody for the positive feedback!!

RCB Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 pm

I just bought another part from them.Real nice people to do business with, great prices and fast shipping.
So far Im batting 100% with them having hard to find parts :D

Gavinskii Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm over in the UK and bought some hard to find SO23/SO34 bits. I got great service and parts arrived quickly and were as expected. Would definately use again 8)

remyzero7 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:00 pm

dropped in at Avery's today on my back up to Seattle, and the guys were very helpful and I scored several parts that I've been told nobody makes anymore. Toby dug around and found what I was looking for and let me poke around their awesome warehouse! Thanks, guys :D

hiwaycallin Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:02 pm

I just received a couple of pieces of bus engine tin from Avery's. Communication was fantastic, shipping was super fast (3 business days international shipping to Canada), the parts were in excellent condition, and the prices were very fair; not even any mark-up on the shipping. What more is there to say? Thanks guys, I'll be back!

Karmann_65 Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 am

Another happy customer here.

Bought a dash grab handle for my Ghia from Avery's. Avery's suggested the cheapest way to post my item to the UK and it arrived safely yesterday. Item was very well packaged and in great useable condition.

Definately to be recommended. Many thanks Avery's.

Brian (Karmann_65)

way out west Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Positive transaction in every way.

Thanks for the good communication and rapid shipping.

vwsonmybrain Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Wow... made payment yesterday at 10:20 a.m.

At about 12:30 a.m today the headlight bucket is in my hands. :o (Only shipped from Washington to Oregon, but still...)

Item exactly as pictured and described.

Would not hesitate to buy from again.

Thanks!

brr42 Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks Toby--Excellent service, friendly, good parts, what more can you say. Hope to do business with Avery's again.