TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Vanagons in electronic media: film, Internet, games, etc. Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
retswerb Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Just ran across a site called the 'internet movie cars database' -- http://www.imcdb.org . Thought some of the rest of you might like to see the Vanagon page, I thought it was interesting and hadn't seen it before. http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Volkswagen_model-Vanagon&sortBy=4.html

I love the fact that there's a vanagon appearance in an Airwolf episode, I loved that show when I was a kid.

Steelhead Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 pm

I wonder if T.C.'s vanagon is still on road somewhere. Maybe in Hawaii. Maybe there's a Magnum PI museum?

dbo550 Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Steelhead wrote: I wonder if T.C.'s vanagon is still on road somewhere. Maybe in Hawaii. Maybe there's a Magnum PI museum?

I saw it for sale in the louisville auto trader like 15 years ago and it was the real deal. I've never seen it on the road though but I hope somebody has it in a garage somewhere.

Bruce Wayne Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:22 pm

420GOAT Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:29 pm

^^^sweet

levi Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey, they left out the one in Bourne Identity. A yellow poptop westy. Actually shown twice in the Mini car chase.

Williamtaylor33 Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:21 am

Just watched "Transporter 3" last night.
Theres a vanagon at the beginning of the movie.

mattbobsquarebus Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:40 am

Bruce Wayne wrote:

I remember seeing an Island Hoppers van on Ebay around Atlanta 6-8 years ago. Went pretty cheap and was supposed to be used on the show...

Matt

snowesty Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Just watched Transporter 3 (much better than Transporter 2), and a bunch of vanagons show up. Opening scene has a bimmer and an audi pulling of a ferry, looking all stylish. Then a T3 crosses the nearfield of the shot. I laughed. Near the end the background has what looks to be a t3 ambulance. I'm going to have to go back and check now...

GBA 88West LA Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:48 am

there was a westy in the background on last weeks night rider, and of course on this weeks lost they showed two 69-71 light blue pristine bay hard top dharma campers

Zero419 Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:57 am

There was on on "rides" on the discovery parked by a garage that they were building a hot rod in.

GBA 88West LA Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:25 am

on speed channels bull run show there a sweet splitty from vegas volks racing across country

Home Team Van Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 am

The History channel's show Modern Marvels has an episode on the Autobahn. Part of the piece shows a police officer sitting in his Vanagon on the side of the road with a camera and radar checking vehicle speeds.

msinabottle Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Quote: The History channel's show Modern Marvels has an episode on the Autobahn. Part of the piece shows a police officer sitting in his Vanagon on the side of the road with a camera and radar checking vehicle speeds.

:shock:

Why do I get the feeling that that is not the Pursuit Vehicle?

Best!

hatchb4ck Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:31 am

If you haven't seen it yet, the Russian movie Night Watch has many Vanagons in it. Or they are the Russian clone of the VW Vanagon.

GWTWTLW Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:48 am

msinabottle wrote: Quote: The History channel's show Modern Marvels has an episode on the Autobahn. Part of the piece shows a police officer sitting in his Vanagon on the side of the road with a camera and radar checking vehicle speeds.

:shock:

Why do I get the feeling that that is not the Pursuit Vehicle?

Best!

Definitely the decoy. The last ticket I got, I was pulled over by a Green Dodge Minvan on I-5 in Tacoma. Talk about embarrissing! I had a good laugh with the cop about it though. He said it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

dixoncj Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Endless Summer II features Pat O'Connell and his crew striking out across the S African dunes in a Syncro passenger van in search of waves.

Rhinoculips Mon May 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Just got back from seeing "Angels and Demons" with Tom Hanks. The bad Illuminata guy drove a very nice late 80's Vanagon. Besides the few brief scenes with the Vanagon, the movie was crap. I should've known better.

HeftySmurf Tue May 19, 2009 8:27 am

Season finale of Lost has a very brief shot of a blue vanagon right before Syedes wife got hit by a truck........

campism Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 am

"...very brief shot of a blue vanagon... "

Extremely very brief. I wasn't sure I actually saw it, especially since I think I saw red flowers on the blue. Hardtop, right? Another guy said he saw a white one at the very beginning of the same scene but I didn't see that one at all.