TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Poor Ghia Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
popason Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Was surfing the net and found this.

Here is a link to more of it.
http://volksrods.com/id46.htm

slafa Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Holy ramrod Batman! That crazy bastard makes my hack job look like a purist's wet dream... :shock: :cry: :evil:

tstracy39 Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 pm

That's two poor Ghias, or at least 1 1/2 :x

hosspowerinc Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:43 pm

I just just spend the past 3 hrs hammer and dollying my nose (on top of 10+ hrs Ive spent on it already) to come in and see this. Im not a purist and I really dont care what hes doing to the car, it is his after all. But to cut up and weld a perfect nose on the back rubs me the wrong way. He could have at least hammered out a wrecked one for it :roll:

anthracitedub Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Wow...I usually dont care what people do...but this is just bull shit.
This person sux.

slafa Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 pm

I second the motion on the perfect nose job...trade me now! your ass end can have this...

tstracy39 Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Response in the abortions thread:
Fattie wrote:

72Ghia Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:12 am

slafa wrote: Holy ramrod Batman! That crazy bastard makes my hack job look like a purist's wet dream... :shock: :cry: :evil:
:lol:
Wow ! Is this Cat Woman's Catmobile?

swhitcomb Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:07 pm

slafa wrote: I second the motion on the perfect nose job...trade me now! your ass end can have this...

I could have that almost perfect, no bondo, in a matter of hours. Too bad your not closer, I'd help you with it.

slafa Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks for the offer swhitcomb... Luckily I have got that covered through the family Bodyshop and you are right its not as tough as it seems. There is nothing quite as nice as a ghia nose that is Karmann factory pure tho... :D

this quote by anthricitedub had me cracking up all night long :lol: !

"Wow...I usually dont care what people do...but this is just bull shit.
This person sux."

Hotrodheb Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 pm

hosspowerinc wrote: I just just spend the past 3 hrs hammer and dollying my nose (on top of 10+ hrs Ive spent on it already) to come in and see this. Im not a purist and I really dont care what hes doing to the car, it is his after all. But to cut up and weld a perfect nose on the back rubs me the wrong way. He could have at least hammered out a wrecked one for it :roll:
So just because he is doing something custom he should start with something smashed up?

To me, that sounds like you think your time is worth more than his time!

And you are assuming that he cut that nose off of a nice straight Ghia. Last I heard, a Ghia is worth more with it's OG nose even if it is straightened out than a Ghia that has had a nose graft.

vwfye Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:15 pm

so, he ponied up the $ that no one else did and spent it to build his dream... great deal for him! I can't wait to see this car done... it definitely won't be the stocker/callook cookie cutter boring. and, if you've ever seen his other builds, it will be finished and not abandoned.

58lolight Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Not my thing but the work looks to be well executed...

Rich

slafa Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 am

just because someone has the time, money and vision (or lack there of) to do something doesn't mean it should automatically be applauded. Hitler had a really nice vision, so by some peoples standards we should be proud of him too? Oh but wait, maybe not because he didn't finish his project...

Have the courage to call a spade a spade, unless you really love the Jetsons, to any self respecting Ghia lover this is a joke at best :roll:

swhitcomb Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 am

slafa wrote: just because someone has the time, money and vision (or lack there of) to do something doesn't mean it should automatically be applauded. Hitler had a really nice vision, so by some peoples standards we should be proud of him too? Oh but wait, maybe not because he didn't finish his project...

Have the courage to call a spade a spade, unless you really love the Jetsons, to any self respecting Ghia lover this is a joke at best :roll:
Well said.

John Moxon Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:07 am

Hotrodheb wrote:
So just because he is doing something custom he should start with something smashed up?

To me, that sounds like you think your time is worth more than his time!

And you are assuming that he cut that nose off of a nice straight Ghia. Last I heard, a Ghia is worth more with it's OG nose even if it is straightened out than a Ghia that has had a nose graft.

You'd very likely get a better reception on a Custom Forum but this is a Ghia Forum. You're just going to have to accept that the majority of the regulars here aren't going to embrace something as radical as this.

I'm guessing your "Hotrod Heb" would get an even poorer reception in the 38-53 Beetle Forum. :lol:

Hotrodheb Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 am

John Moxon wrote:
You'd very likely get a better reception on a Custom Forum but this is a Ghia Forum. You're just going to have to accept that the majority of the regulars here aren't going to embrace something as radical as this.
Hmmm yes you are right, it is the Ghia forum... not the stock Ghia forum, just the all encompasing Ghia forum. So it would seem my comments here are just as justified as the original thread starter and all the other comments.

John Moxon wrote:
I'm guessing your "Hotrod Heb" would get an even poorer reception in the 38-53 Beetle Forum. :lol: Actually I seriously doubt that since it is being built from a 1972 bug!

John Moxon Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 am

Hotrodheb wrote: John Moxon wrote:
Hmmm yes you are right, it is the Ghia forum... not the stock Ghia forum, just the all encompasing Ghia forum. So it would seem my comments here are just as justified as the original thread starter and all the other comments.

John Moxon wrote:
I'm guessing your "Hotrod Heb" would get an even poorer reception in the 38-53 Beetle Forum. :lol: Actually I seriously doubt that since it is being built from a 1972 bug!

Ahhh so it's not a Heb...and nor is the custom a Ghia. :wink:

My point is...why so surprised?

Hotrodheb Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 am

John Moxon wrote:
My point is...why so surprised?
No suprise at all on my part, just voicing my opinion like everyone else is. 8)

slafa Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 am

tstracy39 wrote: That's two poor Ghias, or at least 1 1/2 :x

My friends, we need to have a wake for the two soldiers that went down yesterday, The blitzkrieg that is CUSTOM has obviously won this battle and if vwfye is correct the custom monument that shall undoubtedly be finished will live in infamy and be a constant eyesore and thorn in the collective side of all ghia aficionados :cry:

<sipping a tall one> a toast to those two ghias whose sacrifice we shall never forget and the subsequent blasphemy we steadfastly continue to fight against :wink: