TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Can you ID my new Kit Car?? Page: 1, 2  Next
sheaboys Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Can someone please identify this kit car? I have done a search and cannot find on like it. It looks likd a cross between an Avenger, Coyote and GT40.

[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/523978.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/523980.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/523979.jpg[/img]

Thanks!

sheaboys Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Pictures did not work for some reason. I have them posted in the gallery under my user name.

Dale M. Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:17 pm

System must not like you...

Dale

scarybuggy Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:59 pm

I don't know what it is, but I LIKE IT!! :D

vpogv Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Bradley GT

Letterman7 Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Nope, not a Bradley. Not a Kellison, either...doors have a different cut. Looks like a modified Fiberfab, maybe an early Avenger type without the hood detail...

sheaboys Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Did all of the Avenger cars have tilt front and rear sections? This one is solid front to back. Is it supposed to have the t-top openings also?

clay ford Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 pm

dude that is sick it looks a bit like a ford gt

adriaan pienaar Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:03 am

Could it be a variation of the Hahn SP?

681tonburb Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:12 am

That is a Fiberfab Aztec II they came in 3, 2 and 1 piece bodies. I think I may have an assembly manual for it some ware

Ruska B1 Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 am

In Europe we have the FT Bonito :arrow: Link

Letterman7 Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:07 am

681tonburb wrote: That is a Fiberfab Aztec II they came in 3, 2 and 1 piece bodies. I think I may have an assembly manual for it some ware
Nope...it's too wide and the headlight buckets are wrong.
Aztec series 1 with flip-top:

Aztec II gullwing:

All Avengers had the tilt front and rear; the T-tops are previous owner modified - 99% of manufactured kits did not have T-tops as an optional feature. The Bonito and the Hahn are the closest so far, but I'm unaware of any sales of those in the US. It's the door cut on yours that's throwing everyone off.

sheaboys Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:52 pm

My main concern is finding parts and being able to restore it correctly. I am not very knowledgeable on these cars. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Letterman7 Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Well...good luck with that. All but one VW based kit car (not dune buggy) haven't been made for years, and with yours being an odd-ball kit that so far we can't readily identify, unfortunately you're pretty much SOL with finding parts. With it being so close to an Avenger variant, a windscreen might fit - check out some of the Avenger/Fiberfab forums for parts there. Everything else you'll have to fab on your own.

R

vpogv Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:25 am

Fortunately the body seems pretty much complete, with the exception of no doors.

Lo Cash John Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 am

Do you have the driver side door and engine lid?

sheaboys Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

I do have both of the doors for the car, I just took one off for the pictures. I was told that the door hinges are out of a 65~67 Mustang and that the Mustang front and rear glass may fit. Looks feasible.
I don't have the rear decklid. I am not sure if it ever had one. Looks like "home made" to me or it was in the process of being modified and screwed-up.
One other interesting thing is that I don't see any reinforcement in the body for doors or otherwise. Is this normal?

Letterman7 Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 am

Probably didn't have a rear valance. The hole on the top would be to clear an air-filter for a center mount carb. The engine would have likely been in full view or maybe behind a mesh screen or slats. Body reinforcement varied from manufacturer to manufacturer. It's not uncommon to have panels that are meant to open simply screwed to the adjecent panel. Since you're starting fresh, modify it to suit you. Being a kit, there is no right or wrong way to approach it!

681tonburb Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Not all Fiberfab avengers had the tilt front and rear I have had 2 avengers and had one Valkyrie in my time and all but one had the one piece body. My current car is a GT12 with one piece body. I still think that it is one of the later Aztec IIs or an Aztec GT they had the spoiler in the back and the front was longer not so opal looking like the Aztec I. You may have to do a search for an avenger to get pics I believe the Aztec GT had a short run and was replaced by the avenger and Valkyrie some of the first avenger adds from fiber fab called the avenger the Aztec-avenger

rear of my car

sheaboys Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:34 pm

681tonburb,
Sorry, I am a little slow getting back on this. What vehicle would the glass come from (front & rear)? The panel that goes over the engine area, did that come with the kit or was it made later.

Any other pictures of your car?