TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 214, 215, 216  Next
DONGKG Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:52 am

I placed Sharky 2 ('66 Fasty) on the garden for a while together with Michey ('67 KG 'vert), because we fixed our carport. The cement has to cure for a while! The other two vee-dubs ('71 superbug and '72 bus), have to stay out of the carport also!

Thanks

redbug74 Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 am

Pulled the old single Quiet pack muffler the previous owner had installed and ordered a new ISP Over the Top Muffler. Wooohooo!! can hardly wait for the UPS man deliver that bad boy! :D Looking forward to installing and driving my square again.

PtownVdub Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 am

I finished putting the engine all back together with new parts and got everything all back in the car.

Drove the car for the first time this morning into work. :D

localboy Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 am

DONGKG wrote: I placed Sharky 2 ('66 Fasty) on the garden for a while together with Michey ('67 KG 'vert), because we fixed our carport. The cement has to cure for a while! The other two vee-dubs ('71 superbug and '72 bus), have to stay out of the carport also!

Thanks

:cry: I miss the tropics...I woke up to frost yet again this morning, but at least the sun is out. 8)

jimmynotch Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Over the last two weeks I have finished a bevy of electrical projects. Jokon Reverse lights, 4-way emergency flashers and door dip-switches. Everything works now 'cept for my clock... I was so excited that I put my car in reverse, turned on the flashers and opened and closed my doors just to watch everything work. :D :D

Tram Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:22 pm

jimmynotch wrote: Over the last two weeks I have finished a bevy of electrical projects. Jokon Reverse lights, 4-way emergency flashers and door dip-switches. Everything works now 'cept for my clock... I was so excited that I put my car in reverse, turned on the flashers and opened and closed my doors just to watch everything work. :D :D

No movie with Baja Marimba Band soundtrack? :cry:

tnpanscraper Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Drove it down to end of my sub division to get my daughter off the bus today. That is as far as I have ever drove it....

Godsbug Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:14 pm

I took it to the body shop to get an estimate on fixing the cracked metal around the lower passenger side hinge.

I don't miss the tropics at all, not for a single second, ever. I LOVE Washington weather!

LesTroyer Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:27 pm

well mostly done yesterday -- the sons 72 was up on blocks for longer than I wanted to replace the tranny - and got everything back in place and started it up for ~10 seconds when it just died... replace the condensor today and it runs like a top -- now he won't be driving my autos.
My wifes 71 was down for a major engine rebuild -- got it running yesterday, sounds GREAT!!! had some ITC's on it when I got it -- swapped back to solex's -- the only "bad" is it looks like I f'd up the "rear" main and its leaking oil fairly good rate -- that one is comming out tommorow, and hope I can get Tom to come over for beer & dinner to put in another (correctly)....

hatfulofhollow Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Worked on the interior...ripped out the old rubber mat, aluminum taped the engine lid, put in carpet and two toned the back panels...

tnpanscraper Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:16 pm

I scraped about 15 lbs of grime, grease, and red clay mud off of the transmission. Turns out it's a beetle trans....

sharkskinman Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:37 pm

put a sign on her saying

"Please Dont Tow" :lol:

Russ Wolfe Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:41 pm

^^^ At least put some head lights in it, so it doesn't look abandoned.

FASTBACKDON Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:50 pm

I did look at the brakes cause of the slow roll grinding I feel and well that was it

Russ Wolfe Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:53 pm

FASTBACKDON wrote: I did look at the brakes cause of the slow roll grinding I feel and well that was it

Was there a rock in the front brakes??

FASTBACKDON Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Russ Wolfe wrote: FASTBACKDON wrote: I did look at the brakes cause of the slow roll grinding I feel and well that was it

Was there a rock in the front brakes??
No rocks Russ I think I have a stickey caliper now on the front.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Frizzy Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 pm

My friend and I spent the morning digging out my new squareback. It is my first type 3. It took us three hours to dig a path in about 3 feet of snow and 100 yards long. Brought it home, tossed on a couple 34 ICT carbs and it started right up. Pics of the whole ordeal will be posted soon.

GMendoza Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Washed it and drove it.

rustyfastback Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 pm

I replaced the broken clutch cable in my '66 squareback. I finished the install of the '67 dual port dual carb engine in my '68 squareback, runs great :) The original '68 fuel injection engine will be repaired & re-installed later.

red_6 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 am

I took it (parts car) apart and am getting it ready to recycle.

Please call and make an off on any or all of this stuff before I have it hauled off and crushed :twisted:

http://scooterbbs.com/bbs/dcboard.php?az=show_topi...&page=