TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215, 216  Next
old_man Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:33 am

Today I fixed all the air leaks caused by the installation of the alternator and then played around some more with paint.






bobbyblack Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Managed to get a beat Square dropped off. Will have to see what's good. Got it for possible use as parts car for my Notch.

Maybe just the engine, tranny, and front beam.. Not sure of what the punks left not vandalized :-(








old_man Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 pm

I installed a new wheel today. I think I might have to change the colour.



rushtonmd Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Bought some old fog lights off eBay, made a couple mounts out of stainless 12mm bolts, and wired them up as daytime running lights.










old_man Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:23 am

Today I rewired that damn horn. Yesterday while driving in a grocery store parking lot my horn decided to go off and stay on....while i was driving by a cop. Joy.

Anyways, it turns our I had a later model turn signal switch with the rudimentary copper slip ring. So I wired it up, changed the wiring in my steering wheel and included a home made insulating spacer...blah blah blah. End of the story. My steering column is no longer hot. It is now ground. The only thing hot now a small component inside the horn button.

I am happy.

crukab Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:59 pm

Picked up my 1st type 3 today:







The PO was doing Body work ect. when it was parked, on Jack stands the last 15 years in a Dry/warm garage, bummer is they put in a drivers side floor pan, but did NOT cut holes/slots for the Pedals.... :?
Very straight, one owner, looks like a Fun project.........

old_man Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:18 pm

That looks like a very nice Type 3, should go well with your Doka in the back ground.

Mike Fisher Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:05 am

crukab wrote: Picked up my 1st type 3 today:







The PO was doing Body work ect. when it was parked, on Jack stands the last 15 years in a Dry/warm garage, bummer is they put in a drivers side floor pan, but did NOT cut holes/slots for the Pedals.... :?
Very straight, one owner, looks like a Fun project.........
Cut the pedal section out of a parts car Type 3 & weld it in as they are rarely rusty there. I will 'cut to order' & ship you a repair section.

Bobnotch Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:47 am

crukab wrote: Picked up my 1st type 3 today:







The PO was doing Body work ect. when it was parked, on Jack stands the last 15 years in a Dry/warm garage, bummer is they put in a drivers side floor pan, but did NOT cut holes/slots for the Pedals.... :?
Very straight, one owner, looks like a Fun project.........

That's a really nice looking East Coast type 3 Square.
Congrats on the Grand kid. 8)

crukab Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:30 am

Bobnotch wrote: crukab wrote: Picked up my 1st type 3 today:







The PO was doing Body work ect. when it was parked, on Jack stands the last 15 years in a Dry/warm garage, bummer is they put in a drivers side floor pan, but did NOT cut holes/slots for the Pedals.... :?
Very straight, one owner, looks like a Fun project.........

That's a really nice looking East Coast type 3 Square.
Congrats on the Grand kid. 8)


Thanks Bob !!
Reality strikes, I'll be putting it up for sale soon, w/ 3 other Projects waiting, this would be fourth in line.... :(

EasternNotch Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:27 am

Quote:

Reality strikes, I'll be putting it up for sale soon, w/ 3 other Projects waiting, this would be fourth in line.... :(

Was excited to see you join the club there Tom. I'm sure you can find another some day if you try. I'll send the ad around to see folks I know and see if anyone is interested.

-Lucas

60vwnewengland Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:09 am

crukab wrote: Bobnotch wrote: crukab wrote: Picked up my 1st type 3 today:







The PO was doing Body work ect. when it was parked, on Jack stands the last 15 years in a Dry/warm garage, bummer is they put in a drivers side floor pan, but did NOT cut holes/slots for the Pedals.... :?
Very straight, one owner, looks like a Fun project.........

That's a really nice looking East Coast type 3 Square.
Congrats on the Grand kid. 8)


Thanks Bob !!
Reality strikes, I'll be putting it up for sale soon, w/ 3 other Projects waiting, this would be fourth in line.... :(

Let me know when you sell, Emily really wants a squareback.

mannydantyla Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:59 pm

made a little hood prop rod



added some speakers, yes they're home stereo speakers but they sound good.



and I took this picture (not today but a few weeks ago)


mannydantyla Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:32 am

added some Christmas lights, for a Christmas light cruise with other old VWs here in Portland OR on Thursday


Mike Fisher Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Finally bought a fasty after buying 11 squares! :twisted:
Pretty solid but stripped '70 fasty from Independence, OR.
Good inner fenders/hump & 4 good outer fenders but does need pans etc.
Candidate for rebuilding with parts from a square for somebody wanting to change body styles. :idea:
Whole car or parts car?

Mike Fisher Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:04 pm

Sections to cut/ship to DQDan for his '69 when the wind & rain let up!
The '70 fasty A pillar could go to Qldelsie if we make a deal?




Chory Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 pm

Today, I think, I have decided it’s time to actually resurrect Audrey. I make decisions slowly: and this will take time. But, she’ll be 50 in spring of 2021, and I think she should be on the road again!

Bobnotch Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Chory wrote: Today, I think, I have decided it’s time to actually resurrect Audrey. I make decisions slowly: and this will take time. But, she’ll be 50 in spring of 2021, and I think she should be on the road again!

Yes, she does deserve to be gone thru at the least, and made a driver again.

pitargue Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:13 pm

Finally got my car back on the ground last weekend. I was going to fix the leaking rear brake caliper (EMPI) before the last type 3 rally. But got a serious case of "while you're in there". :) Pretty much gone over everything mechanical.

But not done. Need to raise the rear to get rid of the camber. Car has short axles done by the PO. Looks really goofy now.




Really hope to make it to the invasion as well as the type 3 rally this year.

Mike Fisher Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:23 am

Bobnotch wrote: Chory wrote: Today, I think, I have decided it’s time to actually resurrect Audrey. I make decisions slowly: and this will take time. But, she’ll be 50 in spring of 2021, and I think she should be on the road again!

Yes, she does deserve to be gone thru at the least, and made a driver again.

They're a good ride in Oregon with working heater/wipers/horn!




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group