TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 214, 215, 216  Next
mannydantyla Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:06 pm

I've been repairing a lot of rust with homemade patch panels.

And I flared the fenders out just a little to get some more clearance

bobhill8 Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Took mine out to enjoy the full moon. Nice to have it on the road in March in MA

EasternNotch Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:07 pm

bobhill8 wrote: Took mine out to enjoy the full moon. Nice to have it on the road in March in MA

Nice!

Was tempted today with it being 70 but I haven't taken any of mine out yet.

Won't be long!

-Lucas

bobhill8 Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:31 pm

This is from Gibbet Hill Grill in Groton - amazing sunsets and moonrises there. What is also amazing is how the Square sat for 3 months - I primed it for 3 seconds and ba-boom, it was running.

EasternNotch Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:21 am

bobhill8 wrote: This is from Gibbet Hill Grill in Groton - amazing sunsets and moonrises there. What is also amazing is how the Square sat for 3 months - I primed it for 3 seconds and ba-boom, it was running.

Sounds like it's eager as you to get out on the roads! I know that area, I am from Southwest NH originally and frequently drive go back home via rte 119/123 up through Sharon and Peterborough. Hope to see you around

-Lucas

pitargue Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Finally back on the ground! Got it aligned and now ready for the type 3 invasion and type 3 rally!

So, do I put my chrome/teak Pedro rack on it or leave it off. :D

reay Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:23 pm

The correct Emden Radio to match the birth certificate!

thistle3437 Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Brought the Fastie from FL to NJ.

Jeff67sqbk Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:33 pm

After owning it since 1978, I am finally going to fix it up. I can't balme anything on the PO. Engine is running nice, so it is time for the interior.

After many, many years in the California sun, all of the rubber bits are dry, cracked and falling apart. This let water in through the rubber and onto the floor pans over the years.

The water damaged all of the interior panels as well, so they were removed, seats and home-made carpet removed and the original tar-ish mats were removed to expose the rust.

Lots of chipping and scraping and this is how it looks today.

Jeff67sqbk Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:08 pm

And here are some interior panels.

Bobnotch Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Looks like it'll need a battery tray patch (kind of normal), and some cleaning up. I'd Master series the floor pans, and maybe even the rear load floor. Put the Master series black top coat over the silver they sell. Window seals from ISP will take care of the leaks, then a new TMI interior will get the inside looking good. Then, it'll be ready for more driving.

Absoluteyeti Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:09 pm

test fitting the Subaru EJ22 engine with adapter plate to measure out the engine support bar and trimming up the donor sheet metal to repair around the factory engine lid a previous owner cut out. Type 3 interior is starting to get planned out as well now that i have a proper sewing machine for it.

daos Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:45 pm

inner wing looks ok:

ok, maybe not:

some patches needed.

like new!

Bobnotch Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 am

daos wrote: inner wing looks ok:

ok, maybe not:

some patches needed.

like new!

Very nice work. Looks like it hasn't even been messed with. 8)

Jeff67sqbk Sat May 09, 2020 11:19 pm

I've been cleaning rear seats and prepping for recovering front seats.

I found a couple of inspection tags on the backs of two seats. Neat!

Cptn. Calzone Fri May 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Purchased koni shocks..sent off swing axel to trans rebuilder and compiling brake parts and wheel bearings/seals..about to start on Pans!!!

Zundfolge1432 Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:10 am

Went with a small group of friends to visit type 3 Heaven. I call it that because the owner had a great supply of parts back in the day, heís in his 80s now and still getting around. Our goal was to get a pan to use in making a rotisserie. Hereís a few random pictures in no particular order and a good time was had by all.

Cptn. Calzone Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 am

I have done all my restoration on all my cars with my dogs they are the best company I swear my lab hound mix she knows all the good words by now lol

ALLWAGONS Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:34 am

Very nice company, you should rescue that early squareback

Zundfolge1432 Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:53 am

ALLWAGONS wrote: Very nice company, you should rescue that early squareback

Itís early 64 missing many parts and itís been on the ground for years, rust is very bad, itís a shame. :(