TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Eriba Pucks Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94
nynone4 Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:46 am

CanStan wrote:
Here are a few shots of the finished exterior:

This turned out SOOOO nice! Great work. I think I've seen your pics of this on the Much Facebook page as well. Thanks for sharing. I'm getting ready to do the window seals in our Puck as well. Might be contacting you for some pointers once the seals arrive from Eribasar. They've been stuck in customs for almost two weeks.... grumble.

CanStan Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:06 am

nynone4 wrote: This turned out SOOOO nice! Great work. I think I've seen your pics of this on the Much Facebook page as well. Thanks for sharing. I'm getting ready to do the window seals in our Puck as well. Might be contacting you for some pointers once the seals arrive from Eribasar. They've been stuck in customs for almost two weeks.... grumble.

Thanks! There's definitely a steep learning curve working on an Eriba. I've done several VW's, but this was all new to me.

As I mentioned, I really regret not taking closeup photos of installing the window seals and red trim. It would have been super easy to see how to install them, but instead, I'll have to draw diagrams and try to explain. But yes, feel free to contact me and I'll help you however I can. Hopefully your parts show up soon.

CanStan Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:45 am

The Troll is up for sale on this site now. We camp about 60 nights a year, and realized we hate having to choose between camping in the Bus or the Eriba. So we decided a Puck that we can tow with the Bus would make the most sense. It will be a drastic change from the 'luxury' of the Troll, but I think a Puck will be a better fit for us. Hopefully we will find the right trailer for what we want. Until then, we are happy to keep enjoying the Troll as much as we can.

LAGrunthaner Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:41 am

=D> =D> =D> CanStan, I followed your build you have done an amazing job. What is your ideal Puck? Your listing is a bargain.

CanStan wrote: The Troll is up for sale on this site now. We camp about 60 nights a year, and realized we hate having to choose between camping in the Bus or the Eriba. So we decided a Puck that we can tow with the Bus would make the most sense. It will be a drastic change from the 'luxury' of the Troll, but I think a Puck will be a better fit for us. Hopefully we will find the right trailer for what we want. Until then, we are happy to keep enjoying the Troll as much as we can.

CanStan Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:39 am

LAGrunthaner wrote: =D> =D> =D> CanStan, I followed your build you have done an amazing job. What is your ideal Puck? Your listing is a bargain.

Thanks for the kind words. Ideally we'd like a Puck that is as original as possible. I don't mind doing the cosmetics again on an Eriba, but I really don't want to get into some else's lipstick-on-a-pig 'restoration', or a rotten, too far gone, down to the frame rebuild. Anything decent I've seen in North America is priced a lot higher than I think they're worth. Since they are a lot more common in Europe, the prices are lower. Even if I paid shipping half way across the world, I will come out ahead financially. If I happen to find the right Puck at the right price a little more locally, I would be more than happy to do that. But it's not looking promising.

I did have one person who asked me how hard it would be to pull all the dents and sand and paint the cabinets white. He also had grand dreams of installing a modern tile backsplash from Home Depot. This is exactly the thing I hate about the current vintage camper craze that's going on lately. Every $250 trailer is getting a weekend-long hardware store makeover, then re-listed for $20k.
I guess as long as they buy it, they can light it on fire for all I care. But I couldn't comprehend why you'd want to make this amazing original interior look like an Ikea catalogue? And the exterior has 50+ years of dents and dings, which is such a big part of it's history. I could have filled the dings and repainted the trailer white, but it was closer to a 'preservation' project rather than a 'restoration' project.
I told him the 2022 models are probably on the lot at the RV dealers, and he can probably find exactly what he's looking for there.