TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
SuperDave63 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:04 am

Bought the Vintage Speed German Look Sport Exhaust about 3 weeks ago. Exhaust was packaged great and took 2 weeks to arrive...faster then crap I've bought stateside. Exhaust looks awesome and the quality seems really good. I should be installing it this week and will update this when I'm done. I also purchased the 64 and earlier decklid prop this past summer and that took about a week to arrive. It works and looks awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from vwtaiwan.

EDIT:I Finally got the exhaust on and I thought I'd update. It fits awesome, was a snap to install and sounds great. Deep tone, nice and throaty but not piercing at higher RPM. I replaced a Euro-tip and sounds as good or better but won't rattle you're eardrums at highway speeds.

Only 2 issues:
1) Doesn't fit with my oil pump filter but then again, no real header will so not a surprise.
2) Won't fit with a stock thermostat. I guess you can't blame the guys since they live in Taiwan they've probably never even seen one.

fredt34 Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:27 am

i purshased a type 2 one tow days ago in the "wolks world show" in england & it's a great product as we would like to see more on the scene.

fredt34 Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Choc Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:31 am

What does the exhaust sound like on the type 2 compared to say the single quiet pack or a mondo muffler?

69 Jim Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:07 am

Their products are excellent, and great folks to work with.

vwtaiwan Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Choc wrote: What does the exhaust sound like on the type 2 compared to say the single quiet pack or a mondo muffler?

Dear Sir,
Our exhaust system will not get louder after thousands of miles, like single quiet pack does. If you compare to new single quiet pack, our Type 2 sport muffler still quiet and deeper sound. Plus Type 2 Sport muffler is all stainless steel, and more ground clearance.
I am sorry, I do not know what is mondo muffler. Thank you.

69 Jim Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Here is an example of a Mondo muffler with header and heaterboxes:

http://www2.cip1.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC10%2D6060

vwtaiwan Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:12 am

Choc wrote: What does the exhaust sound like on the type 2 compared to say the single quiet pack or a mondo muffler?
Compare to Mondo Muffler:
Not Only Quiet but also you will need not a pair of ear plug on highway, especially above 70MPH.

Keldog Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:26 am

just purchased their type1 roof rack through iconic automotive. very high quality and man does it look sweet! got a lot of compliments on it this weekend. next i'm gonna get that exhaust system. looks clean with lots of ground clearance. keep up the good work vw taiwan!

Split 1 Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Just ordered an exhaust for my 1964 type 2, will let you know how it goes

Dave

vwtaiwan Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Some other post about vintage speed exhaust systems:
http://ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52680

Split 1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Well I ordered it on the 14th April and it arrived today 3 days later, cant complain about the service.
It looks to be a serious bit of kit, looks great.
Just cant wait to fit it now, suppose I will have to wait till the engine is built
Thanks Vintage Speed

Dave

thebooger Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 pm

What size engine is the this exhaust limited too? Would it handle a 2332?

vwtaiwan Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:53 pm

thebooger wrote: What size engine is the this exhaust limited too? Would it handle a 2332?
For 2332 Type 1, you should only choose our super flow exhaust system, Item#155-203-05000. If you have Bigger camshaft than FK10 or W130 and more than 2mm shim under cylinders, please do not buy.

Tee Dub Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Mine arrived in a weeks time .... :shock: .... unbelievable.

The parts were packaged extremely well. They were shipped in two boxes, arrived here at the same time and in fine condition.

This vendor, Mr. MT Lee was very accommodating and answered my emails quickly and thoroughly, with a good command of our language.

All workmanship is excellent. The plating and welds are top notch. Everything was clean, without so much as a finger print on the metal.

The installation was straight forward with no problems. The headers were clearly marked as to which one went where. Everything you need to install this system, gaskets, studs and nuts, as well as a brief instruction sheet was included in the box.

The system fits up well and looks great. Kinda wish it tucked up higher under the apron, but I am sure there is a reason for this.

I have a couple more things to do before I take the car down off the lift, but I'll report back on sound and performance.

So far, I am very satisfied :D

OldschoolOval Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:14 am

Great products, quality seems very good, very reasonable price and shipping costs, great comunication, could you ask for more? The plaques look good in my cabinet now!

Thanks again,

Dimitri

69 Jim Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Just had another GREAT transaction with them. Their quality is hard to beat. I highley recommend their products and wish more vendors offered quality like theirs. GREAT people.

503Tim Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Does anyone have pics or sound clips of the VS system installed on a TYPE IV motor. I have a 72 bus with a 1.8 motor in it.

vwtaiwan Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 am

503Tim wrote: Does anyone have pics or sound clips of the VS system installed on a TYPE IV motor. I have a 72 bus with a 1.8 motor in it.
This is a type 4 with super flow muffler, sport muffler will be quiet. thanks.

503Tim Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:42 am

vwtaiwan wrote: 503Tim wrote: Does anyone have pics or sound clips of the VS system installed on a TYPE IV motor. I have a 72 bus with a 1.8 motor in it.
This is a type 4 with super flow muffler, sport muffler will be quiet. thanks.

That is what I am looking for! I emailed you about featuring your product in our shop. What is needed to be a dealer?