TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Favourite Barndoor photos 2009? Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
streetwagens Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:46 am

Thought that it would be cool to have a thread like the last 2 years? 8)

I call this one 'Hmm, What next?' :lol:

Rick Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 am

yes, the look of confoundment on the two guys says it all. Many a times I've put my hand to my head and thought, "what the hell did I get myself into?" Nice photo!

johnny d Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 pm

streetwagens wrote: Thought that it would be cool to have a thread like the last 2 years? 8)

I call this one 'Hmm, What next?' :lol:

thatīs awesome! :lol: :lol:

streetwagens Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:28 pm

We had a few beers the night before, it was headwork! :lol:

This is the view we had at the time... :?

LJay Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:23 am

The best ive got till its driving under its own steam! :P a rare sunny day at BD central scotland :P

LJay Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 am

itl be on the road in no time with this dude working on it! :P
my wee bro-gotta start em early! 8)

barndoormambo Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:46 am

..memoirs of Ninove; reflections in black..

:wink: 8)

barndoormambo Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 am

..& Barndoors at the brewery..the Paul Rui Faux Porsche BD with 'classic' plate.. :wink: :lol:

54DoubleDoor Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:14 am

streetwagens wrote: We had a few beers the night before, it was headwork! :lol:

This is the view we had at the time... :?

WTF happened... when it left my place we casually rolled it on the trailer!!

And have you been leaving it under a tree??!!.. you attempting to have all your busses green with moss and stuff!

barndoorbarnfind Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 am

I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).

streetwagens Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 am

54DoubleDoor wrote:
WTF happened... when it left my place we casually rolled it on the trailer!!

And have you been leaving it under a tree??!!.. you attempting to have all your busses green with moss and stuff!

:lol: Because of the lack of a trans, it gradually sank on the trailer until it was camber-tastic, so the easiest option was to jack it up in the middle, remove the reductions, lower it on to box section, then roll the trailer away from under it! All very organised and planned of course! :wink: The roof was dent free by the time it was on 4 wheels though! (Almost finished then!) :D

mightymouse Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:16 pm

barndoorbarnfind wrote: I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).

:shock:

Thank you for making my dreams that much better for the next week. MAN that is a bad ass pic. I hope those are still there.

LJay Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:06 am

mightymouse wrote: barndoorbarnfind wrote: I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).

Thank you for making my dreams that much better for the next week. MAN that is a bad ass pic. I hope those are still there.

mines too! :shock: good luck!!

barndoorbarnfind Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 am

LJay wrote: mightymouse wrote: barndoorbarnfind wrote: I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).

Thanks i will need it! :lol:

Barndoor51 Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:17 pm

barndoorbarnfind wrote: LJay wrote: mightymouse wrote: barndoorbarnfind wrote: I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).

Oh! the left one is 20-11222 :D hope itīs still there....

Gyro1780 Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Barndoor51 wrote: barndoorbarnfind wrote: LJay wrote: mightymouse wrote: barndoorbarnfind wrote: I dont know if this counts as a 2009 pic. it was taken 1998 me and my dad will go look for them 2009 (next week hopfuly).

Oh! the left one is 20-11222 :D hope itīs still there....

Looking forward to hearing more on these beauties.

52panelvan Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:54 pm

I have heard of and have been lucky enough to have owned a couple of the unlikely survivors from that side of the world, and im absolutely fingers crossed that it is still there (11222).
Here is a pictures while may be not 2009 (07) - related to your picture -two of the closest matching number vans to 11222 and one of the earliest 50's all in one place at the same time, one of my personal favourites pictures ever, all credit to Barndoor 51. I dont think it really gets much better than this :) ...

mightymouse Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:25 pm

............................ . . .. :shock:

barndoorbarnfind Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:46 pm

52panelvan wrote: I have heard of and have been lucky enough to have owned a couple of the unlikely survivors from that side of the world, and im absolutely fingers crossed that it is still there (11222).
Here is a pictures while may be not 2009 (07) - related to your picture -two of the closest matching number vans to 11222 and one of the earliest 50's all in one place at the same time, one of my personal favourites pictures ever, all credit to Barndoor 51. I dont think it really gets much better than this :) ...

The bus in the middle is my favorite :D

RockStock Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:08 am

nice early buses & everything, but this thread feels like it needs a good wash
how about the snaps from the VolksWorld feature earlier this year. Cool