TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Vanagon Photos @ Road Side Attractions Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
SyncroChrick Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Nevada brothel...

Boegrrl Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 pm

VWLVR
Where did you see me??

I also saw a white camper vanagon at Keys Fisheries restaurant, they had left thier lights on. I parked next to it - they had a rack with bikes on back.

So my red van plus the Orange air cooled vanagon, and a second white'89 camper at my event make 4. I saw a blue carat? zip by at one point. That makes 4 for me.

The Keys fit the vans lifestyle I think.
Have a great journey!!

vwlovr Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Boegrrl wrote: VWLVR
Where did you see me??

I also saw a white camper vanagon at Keys Fisheries restaurant, they had left thier lights on. I parked next to it - they had a rack with bikes on back.

So my red van plus the Orange air cooled vanagon, and a second white'89 camper at my event make 4. I saw a blue carat? zip by at one point. That makes 4 for me.

The Keys fit the vans lifestyle I think.
Have a great journey!!

i thought i saw it somewhere on key west driving around one day, but i don't remember which day :) we were camping (in our RV) at the KOA on sugarloaf key, and then at boyd's on key west.

Boegrrl Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 pm

That was me alright! I also stayed on Sugarloaf for two nights, Sun & Fri of that week. So good for you having such a nice place to hang. Hope the weather cleared up for you.
Have to say it was alittle scary crossing all those bridges in gusty winds with my Kayak on the top. Fortunetly I seem to be able to call on nerves of steel if required!

Alaric.H Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:06 am

msinabottle Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 pm

What? They didn't let you take it on the track?

BooooOOOOOOOOOoooorn to be miiiiiIIIIIIIIIIlllllllld!

:shock:

Best!

Alaric.H Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:53 pm

msinabottle wrote:

What? They didn't let you take it on the track?

BooooOOOOOOOOOoooorn to be miiiiiIIIIIIIIIIlllllllld!

:shock:

Best! I did ask but but the pubic can go on the track one day a year and it was not that day.I was on Watkins Glean and took first place out of all the vanagons and Eurovans.

mblotz Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:38 pm

has changed much since my first view in 75

indytriple Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Beersheba Springs, TN. I can die now that I've experienced the greatness.

Syncronicity Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 pm

On our way to Leadville, CO over Independence Pass.

trekleader Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:45 pm

indytriple wrote: Beersheba Springs, TN. I can die now that I've experienced the greatness.

...made me laugh :o

(and, sweet van!)

buspor63 Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 pm

An old "Kay's Ice Cream" sign under new ownership in Knoxville, TN.

Volksaholic Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:41 am

Here's the van at the famous Middlegate, NV Shoe Tree in July 2007:

Our tires were de-laminating as we drove across Nevada and were getting bad enough that I was looking for a place to pull over and swap the spare for the worst one. I saw this tree East of Fallon but couldn't see the hundreds+ pairs of shoes until it was too late to stop. I turned around as it looked like the most interesting place for the family to stretch their legs while I swapped out a tire.

I didn't expect this so it really caught me off guard, and my family didn't see it so I think they thought I was nuts for turning around for a tree with "a few" shoes in it. Apparently I'm not the only one who thought it was a worthwhile roadside attraction as there are several blogs & sites that mention it.

Paul

woggs1 Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 am

<br>

thummmper Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:37 pm

well, if you can't be handsome, ya may as well be handy

buspor63 Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have a Split parked next to the covered wagon....;)

syncropaddy Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:47 am

Germany .... May 2010 ..... Syncro25

Bruce Wayne Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Charelston Harbour in the metropolis of Charelston,Oregon.

Umpqua Lighthouse near Reedsport,Oregon

idahoskier Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:57 am

VanWilder Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:23 am

Tillamook Oregon,