TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What did you do to your Oval today? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next
vwrabbitjunkie Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:58 pm

i killed it :( i got about a mile form work and the engine quit. :evil: poor trusty 36 i think she spun a bearing. i aint mad, it lasted a year and a half after sittin since 1980. and now i get to rebuild it :)

slowtwitch Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:58 pm

bringing back an early fender to life...

BlastMasterMannyFresh Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:40 pm

^^^^
NICE!

BlastMasterMannyFresh Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Slow going here. I installed the second axle,

johnshenry Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:47 pm

mannys66 wrote: ^^^^
NICE!

x2. Show it to us finished too!!

Northstate Trev Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:05 am

Went through the brake system, after sitting for 20 years there wasn't much worth keeping!

65Westy Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:21 pm

Went for a nice drive, 75 miles.

slowtwitch Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:22 pm

I finished welding in the patch on my early fender.

bugman56 Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 pm

cried ,cause i still cant drive mine :(

MargaritaVillain Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:56 pm

I took my wife for a cruise around town in my Oval this evening. It will be the last time I get to drive it until May as tomorrow I leave to join Ray in Afghanistan.

Joey Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:09 am

slowtwitch wrote: I finished welding in the patch on my early fender.

Great work.

=D>

valentinesr Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:23 am

MargaritaVillain wrote: It will be the last time I get to drive it until May as tomorrow I leave to join Ray in Afghanistan.

I know the feeling..but hey atleast you got to drive yours before your journey here..Mines still waiting assembly..Make sure you find MRAP Section Force Protection..USMC Site Lead Ray Valentine, at Camp Leatherneck..Were cooking Alaskan King Crab Legs tonight for dinner..haha Be sure to get you down there for a cookout.. Take care 8)

Scott13 Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:58 am

Body working fenders today.

slowtwitch Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 am

Scott13 wrote: Body working fenders today.

I'm getting close to where your at...

Looks good :D

joe h. Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Quote: Got my pan back from the sandblaster
came out nice, brought it home to remove all the black sealant before it goes to get the rust repaired and off to the powdercoater
It is geting close to the point I can star building and not stripping anymore
I have finally found the bottom and can start another direction

Gene C
Burligame ca

I hear that. :lol:

These photos are from the last month or so, not just today. (I wish!)

MargaritaVillain Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:18 pm

valentinesr wrote: MargaritaVillain wrote: It will be the last time I get to drive it until May as tomorrow I leave to join Ray in Afghanistan.

I know the feeling..but hey atleast you got to drive yours before your journey here..Mines still waiting assembly..Make sure you find MRAP Section Force Protection..USMC Site Lead Ray Valentine, at Camp Leatherneck..Were cooking Alaskan King Crab Legs tonight for dinner..haha Be sure to get you down there for a cookout.. Take care 8)

I just found out today when I showed up at Lejeune that I am going to another 'hot spot' first and then on to Afghanistan. Oh what fun.

simon34 Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Started prepping the fuel tank i picked up at the weekend to replace mine thats had a sender unit butchered into it also started on the deck lid to replace my very rotten one.

doug11 Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 am

told the guy i will meet you in front i'm driving a black car. :shock:

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:56 pm

tubes and boots went in, I would've gotten more done, had it not been for the fact that I lost one of the bags with the small screws to hold the boot together and I spent almost an hour pretending to be looking for it. I'll buy them tomorrow from the local hardware store to help the local economy.

maesdieter Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:21 am

I drive a wedding...

Dieter