TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official Syncro Doka thread! Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Jedi Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:32 pm

After searching we need a Synco Doka Thred!!! Post all resto and performance mods here. :D

otiswesty Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 pm

This is the stock filler. Different than the 2wd or Syncro van.

Jedi Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:09 pm

I would like to get some of those for my Syncro Doka. Dose any one make those?

syncrodoka Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:12 pm

make what? That is the stock filler opening and cap for ALL syncro dokas.
I have replaced every bushing and bearing under the truck, the springs, shocks, SA grill and hella H4's, replaced the cooling system front to back, put in a subaru EJ22 and I still drive it like this :D

I am in Mackerricher state park tonight and will be at the south end on the lost coast(usal beach) for the next few days if you want to talk. Full camp gear looks like this-

JED THE SPREAD Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 am

syncrodoka wrote:

Hehehe.. Dokatastic 8) Though i might be seen to be bias,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcf11t6YAA0

I have seen you video on youtube before :D

jed[/youtube]

syncrodoka Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:47 am

Hello jed, I haven't seen that video of yours but I have seen the others. I follow the brickyard and club 80-90 also. :D I really like the snow day video that you made but it isn't on YouTube and I can't find it. I know that I am biased but I like your truck also.
I am off to hit some trails and get dirty.

dredward Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:17 am

syncrodoka wrote: Hello jed, I haven't seen that video of yours but I have seen the others. I follow the brickyard and club 80-90 also. :D I really like the snow day video that you made but it isn't on YouTube and I can't find it. I know that I am biased but I like your truck also.
I am off to hit some trails and get dirty.
What up Mario. I got er done. The syncro is now Cali smog legal. I'll spare you the details of dealing with the ref till a face to face. However aside from takeing waaay longer then it should have it went well. The smog ref liked what he saw. You gota get back so i can take you for a ride.

Jedi Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:08 pm

I was talking about the stickers for gas filler. :? I have working on my DOKA all week end. It was the rusty one that was for sale in SAC. Runs and drives great!!!

syncrodoka Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:35 pm

GoWesty has the gas sticker in their camper label kit- http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=2407&category_id=&category_parent_id=

otiswesty Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:21 am

The Webasto warning sticker you wouldn't need unless you had a fuel fired heater in your truck, like the Jagdwagen has.

Jedi Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks for the info and I do have a Wabasto in mine. :D I have not fired it up yet. but all parts are there. I need Two latch's for my side gates. Anybody have any out there?

syncrodoka Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:40 pm

You can ask at the syncrodoublecab yahoo group- http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SyncroDoubleCabs/
Rennie at Santa Monica VW should be able to order you the gate latches if you don't mind paying for new parts.
I actually have never noticed the gas sticker on my truck for the years that I have owned it until you asked for one. :oops:

xriss55 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:12 pm

i guess this is the correct place to post,my 16" jagd....cheers all
[img][/img]

Jedi Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Nice Jagdwagen!!!! Go To Flckr search jediboggs to see my syncro Doka :D

syncrodoka Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:47 pm

oh come on show me yours, I already showed you mine.

syncrodoka Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:48 pm

16" jagd- DROOL

Tristar Eric Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Roof top tents everywhere I look!

Here's the Jagdwagen... all the ultra rare Doka's coming out!

ThorAlex Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:58 am

Here is my beater doka:

Good engine, decent gearbox, crappy everything else.

EwokPoacher Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:30 am

i will join the fun! here is my daily driver.

eric and mario, those tent setups are nice. add in craig's doka with a tent, and there will be 3 dokas with tents at northwest mogfest! i will make sure to bring a camera this trip.

joey

syncro245 Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 am

Its "bad" i know! but have to sell it.
Its also an everyday driver.