TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official Syncro Doka thread! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 56, 57, 58  Next
taigagreen Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:04 pm

EwokPoacher wrote: i will join the fun! here is my daily driver.

joey

That is one of the nicest tristars I've seen! Clean and just, niiice :D

I have two. A 1.9wbx converted to 1z tdi (daily) and a 2.1wbx syncro tristar (in progress).

I'm totally in love with this thing though...

syncrodoka Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:37 pm

taigagreen- the blue doka is awesome!
EwokPoacher's truck is even nicer in real life, I have gazed upon it's beauty.

MORE DOKA PICTURES PLEASE :)

zohami Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 pm

EwokPoacher wrote: i will join the fun! here is my daily driver.

I shouldn't post here since my Doka is 2WD not Synchro, but thought you should know EWOK poaching is "easy" here in the middle of the Pacific.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=E.W.O.K.&defid=3422024

Jedi Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:26 pm

I can not figure out how to size my pics with a mac. But today I changed my dash cluster from the euro one to american but the speedo cable was broke. :( I guess I have another project to do :D

EwokPoacher Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:43 pm

zohami wrote: EwokPoacher wrote: i will join the fun! here is my daily driver.

I shouldn't post here since my Doka is 2WD not Synchro, but thought you should know EWOK poaching is "easy" here in the middle of the Pacific.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=E.W.O.K.&defid=3422024

that "ewok" definition is totally funny!!!

that blue doka is awesome. i would not mind playing in that at all! right-hand drive?

taigagreen Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:04 am

EwokPoacher wrote: that blue doka is awesome. i would not mind playing in that at all! right-hand drive?

It's english, some pics are flowing about on forums there. Dont know much about it though. Think those might be modified LandRover wheel arches.

Here's a quote from a thread on club 80-90:

Quote: Cant remember this chap's name but I think those tyres are 33" on banded steel rims, 8x15 - dont quote me on this though. He managed to get them on the rear by employing major surgery on the rear arms but it looked quite good - much better than those arms with a bit of angle iron welded in!!
Cant imagine his wheel bearings lasting too long though but my God does it look cool or what!!!!

More pics..

Jedi Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 am

Dude!!!!!!! :shock: That thing is a beast. So the power plant is??? Those tires Are so fat they look like they would keep the Doka afloat. :lol:

Alaric.H Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:50 am

I think the wheel arches are Chevy

dredward Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 am

taigagreen wrote: EwokPoacher wrote: that blue doka is awesome. i would not mind playing in that at all! right-hand drive?

It's english, some pics are flowing about on forums there. Dont know much about it though. Think those might be modified LandRover wheel arches.

Here's a quote from a thread on club 80-90:

Quote: Cant remember this chap's name but I think those tyres are 33" on banded steel rims, 8x15 - dont quote me on this though. He managed to get them on the rear by employing major surgery on the rear arms but it looked quite good - much better than those arms with a bit of angle iron welded in!!
Cant imagine his wheel bearings lasting too long though but my God does it look cool or what!!!!

More pics..

I'd love to see some detailed pics and info of the suspension mods...Sweeeeeeeet.

taigagreen Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Alaric.H wrote: I think the wheel arches are Chevy

Have you heard or judging by the looks?

From what I've read on the english forums they are items for a Land Rover Defender..

xriss55 Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28 pm

my loss someones gain see for sale section cheers all:)

Jedi Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 pm

8 Hours today I spent cleaning the body cavity with an air tip. 8) After I was finished there was a enough dirt to fill a brown grocery bag. If any one out there is coming threw the Humboldt area there is a VW show thrown on buy Humbugs car club on SAT. Check the web for info

syncrodoka Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Are you talking about the hole between the rear jackpoint and the trailing arm? I got a huge pile of stuff out of there when I first bought my truck. Took a lot of effort, a steel rod and a few days of trying with water pressure- must have been there a long time.

snowsyncro Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:20 pm

taigagreen wrote: Alaric.H wrote: I think the wheel arches are Chevy

Have you heard or judging by the looks?

From what I've read on the english forums they are items for a Land Rover Defender..

I am thinking he was thinking about this van...

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/topic25264.html

240Gordy Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 pm

resizing photos on a Mac,

open them in Preview,

look in the Tools menu you will see a selection, "resize photo . . ."

have your way with the photo.

Post it here.

barozaku Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Woot! Hooray for more DoKa's! I have an '89 TriStar Syncro TDI (AFN/1z-AHU) I bought here a little over a year ago. I love it. I'll post pics tomorrow (when I'm not lying in bed using my iPhone)...

ckissick Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:55 am

Where can I get a spare tire mount to put the spare where it is on the maroon doka that started this thread? Or are they custom made? My spare won't fit underneath, what with 16" wheels and all.

sunshine_norway Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:55 am

Here`s my Doka. 2,1 wbx, both diff locks. Still in progress ;)

barozaku Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:57 am

Having problems linking to albums/images :x ... Here's a shot from Motorstadt VI:

Jedi Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:45 am

Nice Doka Sunshine-Norway That is super clean barozaku nice cover... 8) I resized my photos and posted them in gallery but cant figure out how to post in forums? :?