TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: just bought a 71 ghia vert for the wifey...now the fun.. Page: 1, 2  Next
Cliff@BrownBags Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:44 pm

where is a decent place to order a new top? i have the padding and the headliner , i just need the top. i just dont want to order frome the wrong place and get a crappy top. thanks in advance

keifernet Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:04 am

Can't go wrong with Chuck's if you have the bucks! :lol:

http://www.chucksconvertibleparts.com/

Many don't realize he has the Ghia stuff as well and as Bug.

NOVA Airhead Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 am

dragrocker wrote: where is a decent place to order a new top? i have the padding and the headliner , i just need the top. i just dont want to order frome the wrong place and get a crappy top. thanks in advance

If you know the brand of pad and headliner you would be best ordering the top from the same manufacturer. I think Chuck's makes his own tops so I don't think he would be a good source.

If you don't know the manufacturer for what you have you would be best buying a new top, pad and headliner together.

Cliff@BrownBags Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:16 pm

cool, didnt think of that. ill look to see if i can dig up some info. thanks

whobba Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:10 am

Yeah, sure.... for the wifey. I know how that one goes, then soon you're slamming it and slapping on a set of BRM's and then slowly the Ghia becomes your ride.... uh huh.... :lol:

NOVA Airhead Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:13 am

whobba wrote: Yeah, sure.... for the wifey. I know how that one goes, then soon you're slamming it and slapping on a set of BRM's and then slowly the Ghia becomes your ride.... uh huh.... :lol:

What the heck. The wife does that with houses, furniture, etc.

Cliff@BrownBags Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:58 pm

there might be 'some' truth to your theory lol

Cliff@BrownBags Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 pm

ive been working on it off and on between side jobs and now im finaly rolling. im mocking it up for the wheels and makeing them fit so i can get it to the body shop asap so i can have it back and start putting it together for next summer.
the day i brought it home

as it sits now...

Cliff@BrownBags Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 pm

...........and finaly at the body mans house!!

djkeev Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm planning on using Chuck's when the day rolls around. He is known for quality products, he is known for being a decent, honest, helpful guy as well. If you go to his web site his prices for quality products really are not out of line by any means.

Shop wisely.

About your ride, there is some serious rocker rot going on. Forget about your wheels and your top, focus on the heater channel / rocker channel rebuild that you will NEED.

Dave

Loren Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:39 pm

I ordered a top chrome set from Chuck's and they were great to deal with. Great with comunication, great packing, etc. The trim pieces were on sale and much cheaper than any other supplier. The trim was excellent and exactly like the crusty original pieces I have, only with nicer chrome :D

Cliff@BrownBags Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 am

awesome thanks. ill be busy doing all those things as soon as i get it back so thanks for the info.

Cliff@BrownBags Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am

been a long time since i posted in here. feel free to follow me/us on facebook. brownbagsmd

here is a teaser of what it looks like now. keep in mind that this is a VERY SLOW moving project.

Cliff@BrownBags Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 am

these are the floors i made when i "flat panned" it.

swapped in an older dash, so that i can fully paint it and not have to fill those damn top pad holes on the edge.

we didnt want to do much of a "modern" feel, but still cut in the tag box. the goal is to build a nice retro looking car.....but flat on the ground

mock up of the front suspension (still in rough form)

my two favorite things....laid out cars, and rescue animals

and just because its cool.......

tisius Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 am

I love the new normal
:twisted:

Cliff@BrownBags Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:44 pm

hahah... thanks man

Cliff@BrownBags Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 pm

A couple updated photos

KidKarmann Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Those motor tins are pure sex. That looks DOPE. Was the flatpan a necessity for the lowering? Not sure how much drop one can get away with on a standard pan.

xzener Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Is that the " Hammered" paint in the engine compartment?

Chochobeef Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 am

Looks like spray on bedliner. Either way, it looks good.