TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Cargo arriving from Germany Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
53kombi Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks Jake. I can't wait to see your standard. I will be in town next weekend. We will come see you. Hard to believe you are driving now. I remember when you were about Nicholas' size. He is 3 and 1/2 now.

Jake Martinez Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:07 am

before you know he will be driving, the bus is pretty original including middle seat.... ill stop there and let you see the rest

slow36hp Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 am

i was waiting for the reveal,looks great man you are building one hell of a monster bus

npbusguy Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Nice Danny,
The last time I saw that camping box kit was in the Westfalia museum two years ago. I am glad you got your wish. 8)

Here are some pix of it on the museum floor.

npbusguy Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Did you open the other two drawers to find out what was shifting inside? :shock:

DownRiver Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Damn.....Nice BOX!!! :shock:

xavi_242 Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:12 am

DownRiver wrote: Damn.....Nice BOX!!! :shock:
x2

BryanM Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:43 pm

that cabinet is perfect for having tea on.

nice score Danny

VWsArent4Hippies Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 pm

BryanM wrote: that cabinet is perfect for having tea on.

nice score Danny

Yes!! :lol:

Jake Martinez Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:17 am

haha... im sure danny wouldnt mind at all ..haha.....-.- :twisted:

bubba Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:38 am

Danny, You are the man!!! Super nice score! I can't want to see it in person.

Regina Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:29 am

Great score! Congrats! You will be bringing it to CTS ~ RIGHT??

53kombi Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:06 am

Yeah sure Regina, CTS 2015 at the rate I am going with my bus.

Bubba, I might have to drive your '50 to practice not being able to see out the back window. Let me know when you want to send it up here for a few months. :D

Regina Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 am

We will be holding our breath until it arrives on show day. ;o)

bubba Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:39 am

53kombi wrote: Yeah sure Regina, CTS 2015 at the rate I am going with my bus.

Bubba, I might have to drive your '50 to practice not being able to see out the back window. Let me know when you want to send it up here for a few months. :D

You know we could make the worlds oldest camper! :wink: :lol: I'll drive you where ever you wanted to go!!

53kombi Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:23 pm

npbusguy wrote: Nice Danny,
The last time I saw that camping box kit was in the Westfalia museum two years ago. I am glad you got your wish. 8)

Here are some pix of it on the museum floor.

Neil, you make it sound like I didn't drag you guys there on a wild goose chase to find the place, and that I wasn't standing next to you when those photos were taken. I think I was even holding the cabinet open for the stove picture. Aren't you glad I made you guys go now? I know I am!!! :lol: Thanks again for consulting with me on the shipping, and thanks for posting those pics. Brings back awesome memories. I can't wait to go back to visit my friends at the factory, and thank them in person for passing the Camping-Box along to me for safe keeping, and occasional use for camping as it was intended. They were most happy to hear that I would actually use it.

In case anyone is interested, these pics are from deep inside the Westfalia factory. They were kind enough to package the Camping-Box for me, and store it for a couple of months, while I arranged for it to be air freighted to me here in the states. They were also kind enough to take pictures of the process, without me asking. They worked great for my teaser post. :lol:

Behind the scenes, and definitely not an area usually accessed by the public. Special thanks to everyone at Westfalia Van Conversion GmbH in Wiedenbruck who had a role in my acquisition of the Camping-Box. HUGE thanks to my friend Ulrike, who coordinated the whole thing. Enjoy your holiday in Costa Rica!!!

53kombi Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:45 pm

LAST pics of the Camping-Box inside the museum, before it was crated for shipping. Thanks to Ulrike at Westfalia for taking the pics for me along the way. I appreciate the help with documenting the entire event.

53kombi Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Sorry Bubba, the last NOS Westfalia Barndoor Camping-Box will remain NOS until it goes in my June '53 kombi. 8) But you can definitely drive me around in your '50. :lol:

Rafferty tried to convince me to test fit it in his '53 standard after we picked it up, and he didn't get anywhere either. :wink: Thanks for helping me pick it up Mark,and I can't believe we managed to NOT spill any Murphy's on that thing all weekend.

Jake Martinez Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:55 pm

what in the box under the bed?

53kombi Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 pm

The table for my Camping-Box is sitting on top of the box. Sorry I can't disclose the contents of the box right now. That box had not been opened by anyone in about ten years when I visited the museum in 2007, at least that is what one of their main guys said. I asked what was in it, and no one knew. So, of course, I said "Well I am going to open it, so we can know." They were interested, so I opened it. It is a nice surprise for someone. He doesn't know about it yet, so I can't reveal it here. Sorry. :roll: