TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Trey - [email protected] Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
disneyherbie Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks Trey! Super communication and lightning fast shipping! Highly recommend transactions with him! Cheers!

frankiefoto Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Not a happy camper with the NOS deck lid for our ghia restoration
it waqs twisted and unuseable....Trey pretty much said oh well you got what I sold you.

Recently opted for purchasing a deck lid for a customers Ghia restorarion which was titled NOS and cost a lot more than a good used one....about five times.
Once reciecved it needed to be media blasted which is cool...but then it had bondo all over it and was bent so much that it could not be used.
The seller Trey Harrison
A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
NOS VW Karmann Ghia deck lid, factory primer Price: $300
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1834546
and sent the following message:

emails about the decklid

Dear Frank
Sorry for the delay, I had to get the decklid from the warehouse. The
package will be 42x33x22, 28lbs. and Fedex wants $160 to send this via
Ground to 11705.
That seems high to me. This decklid does have some bumps and bruises from 50+ years of storage, I want to be sure you are pleased with your purchase.
Thanks Trey

Bumps and bruises are ecepted...but disformed and unuseable are another issue.

He refuses to address the matter stating "he was a broker on the deal and lost money on it....I knew what I was buying"

point is beware of deals to good to be true and this guy.

Trey Harrison Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:50 am

I dispute this feedback and personally have an issue with this buyer. He bought an NOS 50s-60s Ghia deck lid for $300, obviously has some bumps and bruises(as stated) at this price. This guy forgets to test fit the panel when he gets it, pays to have it sandblasted(?) and now he says it's my fault that it's a POS(his words), doesn't fit perfectly (and he can't mark it up on his customer's invoice). I sent pictures of the part more than once and have exchanged 15 emails with him at this point. He waited 3 weeks after receiving the part to tell me that it doesn't fit and that I'm dishonest and he needs a refund asap.
Fedex resized my package after I shipped it to NJ( 2" over the oversize surcharge, +$90), I had put some effort into packing it to save shipping costs for the customer but they added a $90 charge after the fact and would not negotiate on this despite an hour+ on the phone with customer service.
Frank told me that I was wholly responsible for the shipping charges, doubted my story then he called me a liar and a cheat again and said the part was not NOS and was full of bondo. Frank's attitude has been irrational, self-serving and insulting. I am offended by this unfair negative feedback, my first in 800+ transactions.
I trade parts because I love VW/Porsche cars, parts and the people involved and most of the time it is a fun way to stay involved and keep my cars on the road.
I would not recommend buying from or selling to Frank Abadie, Jr.
I certainly regret it!

frankiefoto Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:50 am

OK here is the truth of this story.
Like all of you you search for the part you need here on the samba and sometimes you find it.
I was looking for the best Ghia deck lid for a restoration I am doing. Found the ad titled NOS Ghia deck lid factory primer.....contacted the seller Mr Trey and it took awhile to get him because he had to locate the part in the barn. I paid him exactly what he was asking and what he asked for shipping.
He never mentioned a fee for paypal.
After recieving the deck lid I unwrapped it and saw it needed to be media blasted on the inside because it did not have factory primer protecting it but surface rust...it went out for two weeks to be blasted and back to be fitted on the car, this is when we discovered it was warped out of shape on the corners and bottom lip to the point that we started to look for another.

Trey writes above that it was a 50's -60s deck lid and was in the condition the photos showed.
you know how photos are.

The point here is that I never called him a liar or cheat....simply said three weeks later when he wanted more money for shipping that I never heard of a shipper charging additional fees weeks later and that he should take it up with Fed Ex.

Also for the record Trey I paid for the part out of pocket and never charged or was marking up the part for the restoration. And it does not fit at all, so I guess that is why it sat for all this time unsold.

So stop talking about me and that I did something wrong here.
I bought a part that you brokered and it was not what you said it was.
The 15 emails was trying to see if you had this part and how we could get it my way.

To try, and bash and undermine me for paying you and buying a part from you as you requested is uncalled for.

All you seem concerned about is your good standing and should have tried to keep it that way when I informed you of the bad condition of this part.
But no you got pissed off because Fed Ex over charged weeks later(?)you or something which I am not a part of.

I posted a post that when someone states NOS it is suppose to be that.
You got offended because I called you on your short comings with this part.

Maybe I should take it up with PayPal...they take care of their customers.

Bythe way I help restore cars for people because of the same reasons...we love the cars and the people who have a dream.
This restoration is a tribute to a fellow who bought this car new with his wife...and she just passed away of cancer...and he wants this to be in her honor.

this petty crap about me not knowing what NOS means is trival compared to the scope of this project in life.

Think about your self serving attitude and the way you handled this deal....then regret the way you did.

Jdt1976 Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:57 am

Received my NOS floorpan from Trey. Satisfied with it and must complement him.
It is not the easiest part to ship and he gone through a lot of effort getting it to me.

speedsteer55 Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:26 am

Just received a Fuchs 14 x 5.5 Alloy wheel from Trey. Just as advertised, very well packed and quickly shipped. Finally, completes the set on my '68 912! Thanks Trey!

bakersam Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Trey's a real pleasure to deal with. The part was as described and Trey answered all questions quickly and completely. Super fast shipping and a fair price for everything made the transaction a breeze. This was my first deal with Trey. I wouldn't hesitate to do so again at the next opportunity. Highly recommended!

Gray Oval Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Purchased a nice wheel cap from Trey. Arrived fast. Smooth and easy.

wcfvw69 Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Purchased a part from Trey. Exactly as described and prompt communication. Good transaction.

Thanks Trey

vwtoby64 Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Trey is a great seller! Put up with my endless questions and sold me some amazing NOS parts. Everything arrived safe thanks to his exceptional packaging job. I am already working on a second order. Thanks Trey for the fantastic service!

57 AZ Oval Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:44 am

Bought an Accessory Fuel Reserve Lever Extension from Trey. He responded quickly to my emails. He he shipped the part quickly and well-packaged. A great buying experience, highly recommended!

35sixer Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Top notch seller Trey is, packed well, fast shipping, rims better than described. Will buy from again. Thanks!

59Käfer Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:12 pm

36HP NOS Muffler - Great Price and shipped immediately! Great to do business with!

slowsixtyseven Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:37 am

Excellent seller - stands behind the parts he sells, even when it is of cost to him. Email communication was prompt and consistent, Paypal transaction went great, and shipping was very fast. I highly recommend doing business with Trey. 8)

sjbartnik Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Great transaction - I purchased some NOS valves from Trey. Communication was great, the items were packed carefully and shipped quickly, and when they arrived they were exactly as described. That's how it's supposed to go.

rust_never_sleeps Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:21 am

Trey sold me a 111 953 225 relay from 1966.
The packing was excellent and the relay looks as new.
Thanks Trey, for great and fast communication and for your willingness to ship to Norway!

Mark Evans Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:40 pm

Bought a set of NOS valves from Trey. They arrived double boxed and both in bubble wrap. He also emailed back and forth a few times answering questions to help me find the right part. I would buy from him again!

67kafer Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:47 am

Bought some parts from Trey. Everything was packed excellent and was as described. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Trey again. Thanks

Speedy V Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:28 pm

Bought a vintage luggage rack and the whole transaction was flawless. Shipped fast, too! Great seller!

blue72beetle Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:43 pm

Bought some points, everything was great!