TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 54' 25A build thread. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
horizontallyopposed Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Yay! You finally made it. Next year we'll fire up the Porsches and head to an RGruppe run or something?

clnvwe2 Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Ken, the bus looks even better in person. Its was nice hanging with you at the Classic.

BulletBus wrote: I'm kinda sad it's over. At least until the trip report for when you make it down to Bulli Brigade! :D

I was working on him to bring it down to sunny FL... So what's the final verdict Ken,,,,, you in? :D

Niels - AirMighty.com Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:36 am

Concept1 wrote: Photo shoot . Neils wanted to do a lot of shots with me modeling at the beach...
What a great story, amazing LONG trip, good shots along the way, insane nice bus and last but not least it was good meeting you guys! 8)
And the modeling pics came out very, very stunning Ken! Really :lol:

Trevor P Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 pm

Nice to meet you also Niels. Here's a shot I took from the photoshoot. Hope this doesn't void your rental insurance. :lol:

And a couple more with the lovely Roberta doing her thing.

vdouglu Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Here are some pics I took over the classicS weekend.

Ken and Trevor,

It was awesome meeting you both! Unbelievable 3200 mile story! Congratulation, legendary stuff! :D

Jose Ramon Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Ken incredible work to become fantastic :)

JacksHere Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm

8) only saw this thread today
just finished before bedtime - woohoo

now off to dream about your bus
:sleeping:

Barndoor Mafia Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Trevor P wrote: We made it back home last night with no issues other than a wiper linkage that kept coming apart.
Would like to thank all those that made us feel welcome while we were in sunny California...especially the BDM crew, and George at the Butcher Shop for his time and use of the shop so we could change out the tires. 8)

It was an awesome time! Glad you both enjoyed yourselves and had a good time. Too bad I wasn't around while you were at SEXY's shop. I don't know how you guys were able to control your selves being around the Sexiest Germanian Alive!!!! :wink:

Raketemensch Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:05 pm

I stumbled onto this thread about 2 months ago, and forgot about it.

Had to re-read everything from front to back, I'm still in awe.

runewo Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Absolutely stunning! Loving the attention to detail that has gone into this build.

Concept1 Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:41 am

Took the old girl for a road trip this weekend to Vancouver for the Great Canadian VW show. 2000km round trip.

Outkast Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Glad to see it in person, Amazing 8) My wife saw you roll through town and asked if I saw it at the show She loves it . looks like you hit the dry stuff our 5 hour drive was solid rain :? Have a great week

bubba Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 am

very nice! Keep it roll'n!!! 8)

UZI Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:32 am

i love shots like that. i can hear the whole soundscape that was happening. whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! for hours at a time. 8)

mr. warehouse Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 am

Concept1 wrote:

Reminds me of these shots....

UZI Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:15 am

doveblue, slammed and at highway speed. nothing like it!

mr. warehouse Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:19 pm

UZI wrote: doveblue, slammed and at highway speed. nothing like it!

Agreed.

johnny d Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 pm

mr. warehouse wrote:

thats the badest shot around.. 8)

mightymouse Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 pm

mr. warehouse wrote: Concept1 wrote:

Reminds me of these shots....

whos scab is that? thats fuckin BAD ASS. love the safari rear, but no safari fronts. Perfect.
Im not a big fan of the flappy windows myself. :?

Jake Martinez Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:37 pm

johnny d wrote: mr. warehouse wrote:

thats the badest shot around.. 8) x2 8)