TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Show off your Dune Buggy or SandRail Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
TIMMA Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 am

OK, here goes it. Mid 90's Suspensions Unlimited frame (I was told it was the last beam car they built), 2276, close ratio 5-rib 002, 12" fox coilovers out back, 10" fox up front on a 6" wider beam.

--Tim

DirtGhost Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:24 am

Tim nice FRAME I like it. :lol:

Wheel_Works Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:14 am

DirtGhost I wouldn't mind having a that pattern and giving it a try on that pitman arm I ve seen a few buggies setup like this

DirtGhost Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 am

how would you like the pattern ? In a drawing over the net or mailed to you ?
I can do a dds or dxf file

Wheel_Works Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 am

Whatever works for you. You can try to email it to me. I ll pm it to you. Thanks

TIMMA Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:29 am

DirtGhost wrote: Tim nice FRAME I like it. :lol:

Yea, it took me a while to find one this size, at least for a 2 seat beam car. It is very roomy. I needed all the headroom I could get as I didn't fit height-wise in the 2 frames I had before it.

I also like when people ask, "What color are you gonna paint it?" The medium slightly metallic gray fools some people from a distance.

--Tim

DirtGhost Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:32 am

Speaking of paint . I am fillering all my joints on mine. KIDS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. Not fun

Wheel_Works Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:48 am

DirtGhost ask around on that a bit. We went and looked at a 4 seater a could weeks ago that somebody had done that to. Alot of the weld joint areas were
rotten? I don't know if thats a common problem after filling joints or not but it was a shame the see nice buggy rotten like that.

DirtGhost Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:55 am

We have done this before on another rail over 20 years ago. The rail is still in great condition.

Wheel_Works Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:57 am

Excellent. Could be something else was going on with the one we looked at.

DirtGhost Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 am

could be. I have a very old rail . It was built by east coast rails back in the 70's . The material on it was boiler 1.250 pipe. We have extented the front of this rail 23.5 inches and made a closed frame in the rear. The rear bumper now hangs from the rail. It has a .250 seat pan that was dropped 2.75 inches for my head clearance. I have spent many hours in making it one of a kind.

Luscombe Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:07 pm

My 62' manx replica. I built/rebuilt it from the ground up this past summer. Its not a really great off-roader but still tons of fun. I had the top made last week, extending my driving season by a couple months.

TIMMA Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Luscombe wrote: My 62' manx replica. I built/rebuilt it from the ground up this past summer. Its not a really great off-roader but still tons of fun. I had the top made last week, extending my driving season by a couple months.

Looks pretty cool to me. I wish I had a street legal off-road toy.

--Tim

Green bug Guy Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 pm

ya that would be cool to get that pattern you where talkin about for the pitman arm id like to see what you did ... did yo just make the arm strait or somethin

DirtGhost Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:29 am

How to make and offroad car book gives you a very good detail on how to do this.

I will give everyone a pattern that wants it.

Green bug Guy Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:21 am

oh ya i recall seein that in there! i have that book and now its as good as done!

Speed Wagon Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:36 am

How do you recalibrate a beetle speedometer. Larger tires have caused inacurate readings. Is this an easy fix?

DirtGhost Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:38 am

You can get the new VDO speedo that is electronic to do all this for you . Expensive kit though.

davevfla Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:39 pm

heres mine in ocala,fl. love taking it to the mud at hog waller. don't care alot for the trails

rev.chuck Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:45 pm

im new and dont know wtf im doing all i know is this thing seems to be alot more fun then the police would allow you to have