TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: San Diego Meet ~ Next: TBA Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
shadetreetim Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:18 pm

We had a great time today. We arrived a few minutes before 9:00 this morning. It wasn't too long until the VWs started rolling in. We had a bunch of Vanagons, a couple splitties, a bay, and an EV as well. Throughout the day a few people left and others showed up.
What a beautiful day to hang out at the beach.

Was this La Jolla in 2012... or 1982?

Vanagon butts thread picture?

Eventually, by 3:00 PM everyone had left until it was just Lady Shadetree and I.

martinr Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:02 am

Wow it was fun to meet everyone, talk about our machines and laugh.
Thanks gaians.

martinr

floggingmolly Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:14 pm

A few of us are getting together down at Windansea beach in La Jolla (end of Nautilus) Sunday morning about 8 am. Bring something to share if you meet up with us. Sorry for the short notice, just decided and figured we'd let others know.

http://www.meetup.com/VWcampers/events/72332752/

r39o Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Maybe.

0800 is mighty early for many of us to get out and stoke the fire to get the vans to go.

Any later and the parking is gone, or may already be given this weather.

We'll see....

Didn't we meet just about 2 weeks ago?

floggingmolly Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Yep it is early and yep we did just meet. We're planning on meeting out there. If anyone can make it, cool. If it's to early or you saw us too recently and want to skip this one.. that's cool too. Just puttin' it out there.

Scott

EwokPoacher Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm

i will try to make it out. thanks for the notice.

r39o Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 am

It was past 1000 before I remembered something may be going on and promptly blew it off to go make coffee.

Besides we had a picnic to go to also.

So who went?????

floggingmolly Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Liv with her 74 bus, Ben with his 86 Weekender, Ewok Poacher (Joey) with his sweet 85 DOKA, and me in my weekender. Not bad for last minute event and 8:00 am. Parking in the small lot was packed, but we eventually managed to get all the buses together.

Saw a real nice Sportsmobile next to us. Very well decked out, 10,000 lbs! Still, with the diesel he gets 16-18, just like me :shock:

Next event is the bus movie screening at Vail Lake in Temecula Sept. 1. Unless someone wants to get together first!

floggingmolly Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Details on the next SD/OC/Riverside event here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=523738&highlight=

The post got locked but the info is there and we can discuss here. Anyone interested? Should be an awesome time!

Scott

shadetreetim Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 pm

The one time you guys are up in my neck of the woods and we'll be in Laughlin. Oh well, enjoy the movie. It's pretty good.

floggingmolly Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm

shadetreetim wrote: The one time you guys are up in my neck of the woods and we'll be in Laughlin. Oh well, enjoy the movie. It's pretty good.

Hopefully not the last time Tim...hey I was in Big Bear the other week! Like to plan an outing up in your area. Any ideas? Winter is coming too so it'll be desert time.

r39o Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:11 am

FYI: The Bus movie is now scheduled to record on my DVR......

No need to go anywhere!

floggingmolly Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Well I guess you could watch it on your couch, but to me it just seems right to view it with lots of other van/bus owners out in nature camping in our vans. Call me crazy. Plus I don't have cable...

EwokPoacher Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:42 pm

hey scott,

have you been in the campgrounds, yet? what is the terrain? low desert or up in the mountains? i am kind of interested, just wondering about the weather and surroundings.

thanks,
joey

floggingmolly Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Joey, I've driven by many times but have not actually been in the campground. The area we are getting is supposed to be under some oaks, a nice area. Elevation is probably between 1,000 and 2,000 ft. Not really desert (any more than what we already have in SD) or mountains. Kinda rolling hills I would say. Foothills. It'll be a warm day is my guess and cool off at night. There's not much right around Vail Lake (it's off SR 79) but Temecula is only about 10 miles west for services and stuff.

CQ Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:03 am

From the website looks like our area has no tables or chairs or Fire rings so bring your own... tables and chairs that is...

r39o Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:55 am

floggingmolly wrote: Well I guess you could watch it on your couch, but to me it just seems right to view it with lots of other van/bus owners out in nature camping in our vans. Call me crazy. Plus I don't have cable...
Of course I can suck it out and watch on the vanputer.

I don't know if it is on cable. We are getting off the dish sat system.

Guess I could use a simple sat to watch from anywhere.

Currently watching it in the nice cool house appeals..

Have fun.

jsmitch11 Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:26 pm

shadetreetim wrote:

Does anyone have info about the front bumper on the gold syncro??? I love the look.

shadetreetim Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:46 am

Well our plans for Laughlin have changed. Looks like we'll be coming to Vail Lake for the movie and good times.

floggingmolly Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Excellent Tim! I think I've counted about 20 or so buses for sure that I know are going, but there are a bunch I don't know about I'm sure. See ya Saturday!