TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone from michigan out there? Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
vdub411 Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Just wondering if anyone is from the Tri Cities/Flint area? Looking for shops, parts and trails. Drop me a line if you know of any.

Mal evolent Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm from TC, and almost as far from it as I can get. but at the moment, the temperature is pretty much the same.

Wheel_Works Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm

West Branch

bawbeeseboy Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Hillsdale

dowha Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Highland / St. Helen

vdub411 Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:39 am

So where do you guys go off roading? I have been to the trails up in Caseville and some local trails around Genesee county.

nitrous nut Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 pm

im in west branch. we ride the west branch st helen rose city trails every weekend in the summer. there is about 12 or so buggys that go. the more buggys we get the more fun we have so come on up.

InkyLewis Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:47 pm

I am from Lansing. Nitrous nut how are the trails around St Helens? We do alot of running around the Morsetown to Waters area. Vdub 411 is your car street legel? There a couple good stores in the area one is in Perry (Dons sportbuggy) the other one is in Henderson (Green's VW).

vdub411 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Yeah my car is street legal. Actually just go the motor back together and running. Now I'm working on the brakes. Should be raedy for spring. Don's is the shop I go to right now, but I just found out about a Bug graveyard in Millington. I still have to check it out.

xirxious Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 pm

I used to live in Saginaw. Out past St. Charles, there are some back woods. We'd maninly go to the turtle pond near Midland or east to the Dunes. Those are the places we are allowed to go. There are others we just didn't get caught on.

58Dub Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:40 pm

xirxious wrote: We'd maninly go to the turtle pond near Midland or east to the Dunes.

Wow, does that bring back memories. I live in Davison, but grew up in Sanford...as a kid, I all but lived out by the turtle ponds.

nitrous nut Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:18 pm

InkyLewis wrote: I am from Lansing. Nitrous nut how are the trails around St Helens? We do alot of running around the Morsetown to Waters area. Vdub 411 is your car street legel? There a couple good stores in the area one is in Perry (Dons sportbuggy) the other one is in Henderson (Green's VW).
lots of sand and hard packed trails. next summer we want to check out some new areas to run. thinking about a ride from west branch to gaylord with as little blacktop as posible

InkyLewis Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 am

(Nitrous nut) West Branch to Gaylord would be a fun trip. Just make sure you stop by the bombing range by Waters. Lots of good trails around there. We went from Morsetown to Kingsley then to 131 on less then 10 miles of blacktop. Those are always fun trips. (vdub411) I have also been to the bug graveyard in Millington. Some of the stuff is really picked thru but there is a lot of good parts there. I need to go there this spring for some parts for one of my projects.

Rustforlife Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:43 am

I saw this trailer in Hillsdale:
http://jxn.craigslist.org/for/2060829246.html
Somebody needs to grab that!!!

BigElipso Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 am

I'm from Shelby about 15 minutes from the sand dunes in Silver Lake. Most of the trails we used to ride on have been blocked by farmers.
I would like to get in on one of those West Branch runs once I get my car back together.

OutCasted Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Downriver here. But here's a forum for up there.
http://www.eastsidebuggyclub.proboards.com/

Vanapplebomb Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:52 pm

There is lots of good trail riding in the public hunting lands. The Allegan state game area and the surrounding area in general has some great roads. If your into a road trip, da UP has a TON of FANTASTIC roads and trails for off roading. Rocks, sand, mud, gravel, logging roads, you name it, its got it! I love the old mining roads up there. All that broken up rock is pretty sweet to drive on. You can go hill climbing extreme style on the old tailing piles from the abandoned mines. The logging roads are awesome and go to some sweet overlooks.

My favorite part to tour is definitely the keweenaw peninsula, where the lake superior road rally is held annually. Last year there was at least one VW baja I know of that ran it.

The UP, Americas best kept off roading secret :lol:

lostinbaja Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 pm

I have a place in Silver Lake and spend a considerable amount of time there in the summer, since the inception of the voucher rules at the dunes, I have been looking for trails to ride. Any local advice would be helpful.

JabaDubRider Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:31 pm

From Highland Here! I go up to Leota Mi Near Harrison Twp. We ride on seasonal roads and some ORV roads. Mainly just take the orv trails to get to other roads. Not really supposed to be on them with buggies!

tjshaw84 Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:38 am

East side here, Fort Gratiot...I only get over to Silver Lake a few times a year...