TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone from michigan out there? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
utahclaimjumper Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm from Kalamazoo,, last time I was there was 1941.>>>Dan

Wayne26 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Houghton Lake here. just do the local 23 mile loop because I dont have a trailer and the trail head is a mile from my house.

well.. I have a trailer but it's not finished yet..

gmotox Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 pm

I am in Waterford.. Hoping the buggy will be finished for one more ride this year.

yankeyspeed Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Eaton Rapids here, I have had my Baja for about 2 years. Next summer will being looking for lots of trails. Anyone gone to Bundy hill?

OutCasted Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:28 pm

tjshaw84 wrote: East side here, Fort Gratiot...I only get over to Silver Lake a few times a year...

Downriver here. But here's a forum for up there.
http://www.eastsidebuggyclub.proboards.com/

And here is my Club Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Riversidebuggyclub/

md perf Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:31 pm

from Pinckney. Have a place west of cadillac, hit the trails south of 55 & east of 37...... but spend most of the time at the dunes....

Timwest007 Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm from westland 2 rails and a buggy dons buggy shop in perry is my one stop shop

md perf Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Timwest007 wrote: I'm from westland 2 rails and a buggy dons buggy shop in perry is my one stop shop

almost weekly visits.......

Vanapplebomb Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey Tim. Welcome to TheSamba! What is Dons Buggy shop like? I have not heard of it before. I alway try to support local shops if I can.

Also, all you guys should check TheGoodVolks community if you have not done so already. It is a local vintage Michigan VW club. Lots of nice people.

http://thegoodvolks.com/

md perf Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:18 am

Dons is in perry michigan, and is the largest bilstein distributor in the U.S. ( bet most people didnt know that) don is a human vw encyclopedia, and they carry lots o' vw stuff.

dowha Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:48 am

As md said, Don is a walking encyclopedia..

He started out on 6 mile near Telegraph in Redford (Y E A R S Ago).
He opened his place in Perry and then a couple years back closed the 6 mile place.. He now also has a super online business.

http://www.donssport.com/

Vanapplebomb Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 am

Oh, interesting. I may have to check him out. Sounds like a cool dude.

vegte44 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:55 pm

White Cloud here. About 35 miles from Silver Lake. Always had Jeeps but now have 2 buggies. Looking forward to the trails.

Vanapplebomb Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:02 am

Im glad you like riding trails. I was worried when you said you were 35 miles from Silver Lake. Hahahaha

My dad and I go fly fishing quite often near White Cloud on the White River. Those are some of the best memories of my life. Nothing like good old father and son time.

Chris070780 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 am

Hey Michigan peeps! I was wondering if someone could point in the right direction for good trails. I have a group of friends coming up with buggies and jeeps. I’m looking through all the trail maps and I can’t decide where we should go. I want to stay south of the UP. Can someone recommend a few good ORV trail systems to hit? Would like something fairly close to civilization and has plentiful gas stations. My buggy only has a 5gal tank. Any help would be appreciated!!

md perf Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 am

Lincoln hills trails are great, nice & wide.....

Vanapplebomb Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 am

Quote: I want to stay south of the UP.

Bummer...the UP has awesome trails everywhere. I love the UP. It is the off-roaders paradise that nobody knows about accept the people that go there.

As far as the mitten goes, the Manistee State Forest area has some good trails.

I think the DNR has fairly detailed trail maps available for state forests and public hunting areas. You might also want to check around the Allegan and Muskegon public game areas. I know there are some ok trails there...just not very long. Very pretty in the fall though.

Chris070780 Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 am

I know, the UP is great. We just don't want to spend hours driving to our destination. UP will be next trip :)

dowha Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:14 am

CRIS07

Depends how far you want to drive..

St Helen Exit 222 off I-75

Plenty of good trails, St. Helen, Ogemaw Hills, Geels Trails just to mention a few.. (They all inter connect.)

There is also an area called St Helen Motorsport Area *ROCKS* which was built a few years ago for 4X4 Jeeps and Rock crawlers..

The town is very buggy friendly… Lot’s of good food (most very reasonable)

Gas today... Downstate $3.50 -$4.00 ST. Helen - $3.89

Plenty places to stay, (here are just two) Trails End Motel, Beaver Trail Campground, both near trails and buggy friendly too. I’ve never used them, just have seen lots of buggies there all summer and snowmobiles in the winter..

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

Go to the web.. Click on the county you want to ride… It will bring up all the trails in the county…

When are you planning you trip?

Hope this helps.. :)

Chris070780 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:07 pm

dowha wrote: CRIS07

Depends how far you want to drive..

St Helen Exit 222 off I-75

Plenty of good trails, St. Helen, Ogemaw Hills, Geels Trails just to mention a few.. (They all inter connect.)

There is also an area called St Helen Motorsport Area *ROCKS* which was built a few years ago for 4X4 Jeeps and Rock crawlers..

The town is very buggy friendly… Lot’s of good food (most very reasonable)

Gas today... Downstate $3.50 -$4.00 ST. Helen - $3.89

Plenty places to stay, (here are just two) Trails End Motel, Beaver Trail Campground, both near trails and buggy friendly too. I’ve never used them, just have seen lots of buggies there all summer and snowmobiles in the winter..

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

Go to the web.. Click on the county you want to ride… It will bring up all the trails in the county…

When are you planning you trip?

Hope this helps.. :)

Great info thank you! Memorial day wkn.