TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Anyone from michigan out there? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
OutCasted Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Downriver here. I just joined the new FB group.

And here is my Club Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Riversidebuggyclub/

md perf Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 am

InkyLewis wrote: Lets try this: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/groups/131187340381008/

Hopefully that works...

It worked, i requested to join!

tjshaw84 Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:29 am

A couple years late...but I am from MI...lol

BUGGUTZ Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:26 pm

[bSouth Branch Twp. Just 12 miles north of St. Helen.[/b]

vdubrookie Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:59 am

I'm from Battle Creek. New to Forum this year. Hey Vanapplebom, can you turn me onto some trails in Baldwin, Welston area that I can get to with as little tar mack as possible ? Going on vacation next week & need some places to ride. I grew up in the Allegan game area and agree there are some great logging roads in that area. I know I'm grave digging but couldn't resist the chance to link up with fellow Michiganders.

pullstart Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:23 pm

There's a sweet trail system from just West of 55 and 37 on the south side of the road, it borders the north side of the river for quite a while and you'll end up near Wellston. Great trail with some pretty quick speeds, well at least when I was there and there weren't any campers in the woods. Whatever you do, just know that 9 mile bridge road (near the intersection of Hoxeyville Rd and Boschem rd west of the Dublin Store) does not actually go all the way through to Udell Hills Rd. I was stuck for a few hours waiting for Mom to find me from Manistee earlier this year. Otherwise, the local DNR stations have very well plotted local trail maps that are more useful than county maps for sure. There are all kinds of trails along 9 Mile Bridge Rd (WEST OF UDELL HILLS RD) Or around Pine Lake. Have fun! Bring water!

PM me if you want to chat on the phone about the area... or just come up to Yankee Springs and ride the trails a bit sometime.

madmike Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:15 am

I live up in Atlanta
Gonna take my Grandson 'ridin' soon
Do watch for 'Horseback riders' Volks ,Please slow down,,
their's a new horse Campground just south of town ,Thanks,Madmike

danielzink Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:37 am

Webberville (just off I96 out near Lansing)

Currently working with a realtor looking for a place in the greater Grayling/Frederic/Roscommon/St. Helen area.

(2) Berrien buggies
(1) Subaru powered
(1) VW powered

Also have a (type 4 powered) 65 Notchback.

Headed to Frederic Aug 25th for a long riding weekend with a bunch of buggy friends.

Dan

pullstart Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Heading up to Manistee tonight, buggy's loaded up. We'll probably hit trails between Manistee and Wellston along 55 some time this weekend...

_Redline_ Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm here near White Lake, gotta a cabin up north. As soon as I can get the buggy in some kind of running condition I'm hoping do some group rides.

CHenige Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Live in Beverly Hills. Cottage 10 miles east of west Branch. Been to St. Helens.

pullstart Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Heading to Silver Lake in the morning, paddles are mounted, Subaru's eager to churn some sand. :D

andygrow Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Jamestown here...(near Grand Rapids). Don't have a ride - yet...looking at the possibilities of turning a bug into a rally car...

Vanapplebomb Mon May 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Not far from home (holland), welcome!

Rally bugs are sweet. They can really scoot and corner in the loose stuff on off road circuits. I have seen a couple bugs at a few different rally’s in the UP. Not really Subaru wrx stuff, but they both did really well in the two wheel drive class. Couple first places for two whee drive. Not bad if you ask me!

madmike Thu May 17, 2018 4:34 am

SnowDrift Rally up here in Atlanta,, look out for that Black Honda,,, :roll: my kid :lol:

MI-Bug Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 am

West side of Grand Rapids for me. Speaking of rally bugs... rumor has it, there is one floating around West Michigan that might be able to be bought. I used to crew for a rally team and still "know some people". :)

Vanapplebomb Sat May 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Hmmm, I have not seen that one come up. Sounds interesting though.

dennismcd707 Mon May 28, 2018 6:12 am

Eastpointe here. My rail isn't close to being finished yet, but when it's done, I'll be trailering it around MI. Looking forward to Yankee Springs and W. Michigan sand. I don't mind road trips!

pullstart Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:37 am

Middleville, 20 minutes south of GR. Close to Yankee Springs trails... my go-to spot!

Vanapplebomb Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:09 am

I have done som fooling around a few trails in the Allegan State Game Area, and they are ok, but not great. How is the Yankee Springs area? I haven’t poked around that area very much, but it isn’t very far away. Figure I should check it out sometime.