TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: SoCal Bajas 2nd Annual Toy Drive and Meeting: DEC 22nd Page: 1, 2  Next
57baja Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:19 pm

OK guys, here's the deal:

The SoCal Bajas group is having our 2nd Annual Toy Drive at our December meeting on Tuesday, December 22nd. I wanted to make sure that everyone here was aware and invited to the event.

Basically, we each go out and purchase at least one VW or off-road based toy and bring it to the meeting. I know. I know. VW toys are increasingly hard to find, but if you put a little effort into it, you'll find one out there somewhere. One of our members will gather all of the toys up and donate them to Toys For Tots in time for them to be shared with needy kids for the holidays. This is a great way to reach out to the community and a great way to meet new local people who share your same interest in off-roading and VW's. Please come out and join us!

Don't worry: There's no funny hats to wear, no secret handshakes, and no goofy traditions. It's just a group of guys that likes to get together once a month and enjoy pizza and beer, and once a month to get dirty and do a run. See the website for further details about the club.

We will be meeting in a pretty central location in Southern California, at:

Barro's Pizza
21000 Golden Springs Dr
Walnut, CA 91789-3831

People generally start showing up between 7:0 and 7:30. Bring the family if you want. Bring the VW if you can. Bring a toy if you come!

Again: EVERYONE IS INVITED.

Merry Christmas to all.....

riversidekstm Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:28 pm

I can't wait we went out shopping tonight and got a set of matchbox cars that included a 23 window bus and a new beetle 4x4 RC car. I wish I could drive the buggy to the meeting but had to put the engine on hold for the holidays.

mrshocky777 Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:03 pm

I'll be there. I also have a connection for vw base toys. PM me and get you the info.

mgirdner Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:33 pm

I should be able to make it to the meeting.

Does anyone know if Barro's offers a Seniors Discount? I got my AARP card in the mail last week. :shock:

57baja Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:57 pm

COOL. Riverside, Ventura... I think we'll have some guys from the San Diego area. Elco said he's coming from Palmdale. Sounds like it's going to be a big gathering with people driving a long ways.

That's really cool. It's for a good cause.

We'll have a good time.

57baja Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 pm

BTW Mark: SoCal Bajas does give a 50% discount on its annual dues to AARP members.

Of course, 50% of free isn't all that much.

It's the thought that counts, right?

riversidekstm Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 pm

I won't have the buggy running but maybe I can tape pics. of it all over my wifes car. Ooh ooh ooh I know a vehicle wrap that looks like the buggy on the Scion!!!

mrshocky777 Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Maybe we can have a board for folks to pin up pics of their build, Kind of a this is what i got board.

HamburgerBrad Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:34 pm

mrshocky777 wrote: Maybe we can have a board for folks to pin up pics of their build, Kind of a this is what i got board.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123100

http://socalbajas.com/

57baja Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Brad... You've been talking about coming for a year and a half now. You're always out of town, busy, don't have a running car, too embarrassed to be seen with Skidmark in public, etc. Are you coming this month?

HamburgerBrad Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:55 pm

57baja wrote: Brad... You've been talking about coming for a year and a half now. You're always out of town, busy, don't have a running car, too embarrassed to be seen with Skidmark in public, etc. Are you coming this month?

I'll do my best to show up in my chevy if my liver is up for the journey. Christmas toy drives are always a hell of a cause, and as far as I know I have nothing going on that Tuesday.

riversidekstm Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:28 pm

My boys are excited for the meeting this month. Only the young one and the baby came last month but this time around the whole crew is coming to support the cause.

liftman_2002 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Sorry I can't make it.

jaybug Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:46 pm

You know Old Tow'd will be there.

OnESLoWBuG Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:16 pm

i will be there!!!

57baja Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Looks like we're going to have a great turn out again. If you're on the fence and think that you might want to see what SoCal Bajas is all about, this would be a terrific opportunity. Bring the family.

Jay promised not to get up on the table and dance naked this year, so you should be safe!

Skidmark Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 pm

I will be there... toy at the ready!

QRP Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

my toy is ready also :?

hmmm that did'nt sound right. :oops:

57baja Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 am

... Only a few more days to get your toys. It's right off the 60 freeway near the 57. Here's a map with a link to directions:

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&hl=en&am...5&z=13

DesertBob Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 pm

I will be there. It will be my last SoCal meeting before the move to Nashville. Wouldn't miss it!