TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Dripfest 2010 FREE Aircooled VW & Porsche Show June 5th Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
VWBeachBum Mon May 17, 2010 9:15 am

multiplex wrote: who is driving up that day from the pottstown area? this might be the first extended drive of my car since getting it back together 8)

hey jason,

there will probably be several folks from this area cruising out on june 5th. i saw your bmw at sonic a few weeks back, can't wait to see the bug at dripfest!!! 8)

KustomLarry Tue May 18, 2010 9:31 am

multiplex wrote: who is driving up that day from the pottstown area? this might be the first extended drive of my car since getting it back together 8)

I am sure we can probably meet up if you want....

cristo2 Wed May 19, 2010 5:43 pm

lookin for someone to cruise to this show with.
from lancaster / lititz area any taker post up or shot me a PM 8)

VWBeachBum Thu May 20, 2010 4:05 pm

couple updates from the last couple days.....

Camping is $10 but we've told we can camp about 100ft from the show area up the path from the lodge if we don't have large turnout of campers. Camping is still available at cabin craft down the road which has hot/cold showers, fire pits, etc. The show area camping spot does not have hot/cold showers so take your pick.

the reason for all of this is b/c the darn bridge is out, so there's a mini-detour (about 4miles) around the hill but we've been told the Scouts built a rope bridge across the Perky River)....so combine some Tikibar Alcohol with a River and Rope Bridges and well.....i guess that solves the no shower issue ;-)

It's Official, the Tikibar will open at 3pm ready to serve Drinks & Food...for those of you that have never experienced the tikibar...you purchase your food, then cook it yourself using a variety of cool seasonings and dressings...food ranges from Wild Boar to Alligator Tail to Beef to Scallops to clams, to a variety of Kabobs, a salad, potato and so on to give you an idea....

I'll post up a map to show the detour for anyone coming in from Route 29. If you come from the other side you're A-OKAY!

Still Need a Head Count for Camping and the Tikibar!!!

thanks

b

mister bungle Fri May 21, 2010 8:18 am

We're working on a killer food vendor right now...pulled pork, saaaasage samwitches, dogs and burgers :lol:

here's a little teaser for the awards this year...I think you guys are gonna like them a lot

j.pickens Fri May 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Count one bus for camping in the ski area parking lot on Friday night.
See you there!

And yes, a map would be helpful. I tend to take the back roads in the bus.

llovette Sat May 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Friday Tiki Bar and camping for me !!

VWBeachBum Tue May 25, 2010 10:45 pm

excellent, well it looks like Friday is shaping into a cool laidback pre-show!!!

uiterwyk Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 am

Can't wait, since I had to miss it for medical reasons last year.

Having been waiting for this since November when I finished redoing "Betsy" so I can show her off.

Will be camping in the lot and drinking at the Tiki Bar both Friday and Saturday night.

Robert

BlastMasterMannyFresh Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 am

I'll defenitely be there Saturday, not sure about friday night yet though.
I have something for one Mr. John Pickens to deliver, and can't think of a better place to handle this transaction than this show

mister bungle Thu May 27, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm psyched to see that the bus turnout is looking good for this year!!

j.pickens Thu May 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Oh, yes, thanks Manny and GlennA for that.
Can't wait to see it.
mannys66 wrote: I'll defenitely be there Saturday, not sure about friday night yet though.
I have something for one Mr. John Pickens to deliver, and can't think of a better place to handle this transaction than this show

mister bungle Fri May 28, 2010 5:14 am

just out of curiousity, are you bus guys all planning on setting up in the swap meet area (as usual) or on the "show" side of things ?

maybe we can arrange an SPVC van corral area for you guys so everyone can check your busses out and you can sell your wares , thoughts?

either way no big deal

VWBeachBum Fri May 28, 2010 5:35 am

mister bungle wrote: just out of curiousity, are you bus guys all planning on setting up in the swap meet area (as usual) or on the "show" side of things ?

maybe we can arrange an SPVC van corral area for you guys so everyone can check your busses out and you can sell your wares , thoughts?

either way no big deal

that would work, b/c this year we're planning on having the vendors along the tree line so they're right in with the show area, so the SPVC could have the best of the both worlds! very good idea paul!

j.pickens Fri May 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Sounds great by me.

Also, does anyone know if Smith's parts will be vending at the show?
I need some new seals, gaskets, and such, and I much prefer buying from them in person than from someone over the interwebs.

70bugdriver Sat May 29, 2010 9:35 pm

I'd like to roll in my Thuper beetle, but idk if my motor will be here in time.......
contest anyone?
who can install a motor the quickest!
a nice little tech session

cruzan_71 Sun May 30, 2010 7:58 am

15mins tops!!

BlastMasterMannyFresh Sun May 30, 2010 11:30 am

cruzan_71 wrote: 15mins tops!!

Not if Dan's there to land a hand

j.pickens Sun May 30, 2010 1:58 pm

I think you mean DanM.
He stealthily avoided any interaction with the install.
Smart move, it was a very nice day indeed.
mannys66 wrote:
Not if Dave's there to land a hand

cristo2 Sun May 30, 2010 4:55 pm

new rear brake's & cyclinder ready to roll :D
still may do the friday night deal :?: