TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: LHD TO RHD
trinikarman Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm

does anyone know about ABOUT CONVERTING A LEFT HAND DRIVE KARMANGHIA TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE FOR USE IN MY COUNTRY

waxhead Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Try the Ghia forum to see if anyone has done it. Finding a RHD dashboard will probably be the toughest part, as RHD models were only sold in Ireland, UK and South Africa, I think. There probably aren't too many of them left.

jnr356 Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:47 pm

and australia
repo dash tops avaliable,but glovebox door is the difficult piece to obtain

flatfourplay Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:27 am

Have you tried driving it yet as I prefare l/h drive cars,I have had a l/h drive 66 ghia for 7 years and like driving it in the uk.But they can be converted if you want.

modockid Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:00 am

you know it would be cool to be different than other vw owners as well as others in your country , here in the united states we drive on the right side with Lhd cars , i like to be different so i am converting my vw to Rhd . give it a shot you might like it !

mnakandala Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:47 am

waxhead wrote: Try the Ghia forum to see if anyone has done it. Finding a RHD dashboard will probably be the toughest part, as RHD models were only sold in Ireland, UK and South Africa, I think. There probably aren't too many of them left.

why sri lanka?

wouter76 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:37 am

I drive a RHD South African Beetle in the Netherlands... and don't think of converting it to LHD! It isn't that hard to adjust... after a few hours it feels ok sitting and steering at the other side :)

zjm Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 am

why not just change the pedals and steering over and leave the dash alone it just means you'll have to crank your neck to see the guages ,it worked for me in a bus